Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celebrities who've had the biggest fall from public favour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

PressRun wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, wasn't Glee a sort of child-friendly programme too? :(

It was a musical-comedy type programme, probably targetting all ages (although probably more young people as it's based on s high school), but child-friendly would be accurate alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Michael Thomas aka Kramer from Seinfeld was mentioned briefly at the start of the thread,its worth having a closer look.

Its interesting to compare it with the time Eric Clapton made a similar racist outburst at a concert in 1976.It wasn't recorded or filmed and a lot of people aren't aware of it,the transcript of what he said(not thought to be exact but very close) makes for pretty grim reading.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/eric_claptons_disgusting_racist_tirade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Loved Kramer in Seinfeld, made that show great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Lots of successful bands and singers have fallen into obscurity by releasing a rubbish second album e.g. Terence Trent Darby.

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Lots of successful bands and singers have fallen into obscurity by releasing a rubbish second album e.g. Terence Trent Darby.

Don't think that quite equates with child abuse/rape/etc.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

johnny lewis.
    Bruno Fernandes de Souza.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

Mel Gibson
    Tom Cruise
    Michael Richards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,259 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Mel Gibson
    Tom Cruise
    Michael Richards

Tom Cruise???

Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Eamonn Casey. Spirited away to South America after the 90's "scandal" of his relationship with a woman and poor treatment of his son from that relationship.
    As if that was the biggest problem they had!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Hugh Grant

jvrk wrote: »
    johnny lewis.
    Bruno Fernandes de Souza.

Can people give a a brief sypnosis as to why said celebrities took a fall,rather than just throwing out their names.Especially when you have to Google them just to find out who they are?(Would anyone outside of Brazil have even heard of the second guy if it wasen't for the murder?)

Call me Al wrote: »
    Eamonn Casey. Spirited away to South America after the 90's "scandal" of his relationship with a woman and poor treatment of his son from that relationship.
    As if that was the biggest problem they had!.

I remember the scandal over that at the time,it was just before all those abuse cases broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

He was linked too a host of top European clubs and was also considered too be Brazils next no 1 keeper.

jvrk wrote: »
    He was linked too a host of top European clubs and was also considered too be Brazils next no 1 keeper.

Fair enough,not everyone would be familiar with him especially if you don't follow football.Just a bit more info in these posts is appreciated otherwise it just becomes a boring list of names.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Pantera vocalist Phil Anselmo in hot water for making a nazi salute and shouting "white power" at a gig.Hes been suspected for years of having white supremacist leanings,hes made some dodgy remarks in the past but it seems to all be out in the open now.

Madonnas reputation has taken a bit of a pounding in recent years,more so now with the custody battle over her son Rocco.The business with adopting the child from Malwai put a lot of people off her.Personally I could never warm to her as a human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

You can add Sharapova to the list.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    You can add Sharapova to the list.

A lot more sporting figures,especially from Russia will be joining her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,259 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Think Adam Johnson can easily be added to the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Few that come to mind would be Big Ron Atkinson, football commentator. He used the N word when talking about a player. He thought his mic was off.

Lance Armstrong would be a big one. Can't believe I read his first book and second book and bought all he was saying about never doing steroids.

Hugh Grant for a time but long term I don't think it really did him any harm. Some might say it even helped him a little as it gave him an edge where previously he had been seen as squeaky clean.

Someone who fell from grace but not far enough for me would be Mike Tyson. Obviously he was convicted of rape and did time and all but some of the things he has said to people on camera are quite shocking in themselves but yet he regularly makes film cameos, chat show appearances etc. Very odd.

Leslie Grantham
    . Was excited when he came back to Eastenders as always love the Dirty Den character but then within a short time of coming back he went into his dressing room on set and had cybersex with someone who passed on his details to the tabloids. They then set him up by getting an actress to pretend to be interested in him and ask him about his fellow cast members. He didn't disappoint and after exposing himself again he went on to slate most of the cast members. And that as they say was that. Well, he does the odd play and pantomime here and there. Interestingly enough when he was 19 he "accidentally" shot dead a taxi driver in Germany and did ten years for it. I remember it being revealed by The Sun many many years ago. Certainly hasn't led a boring life anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

darkdubh wrote: »
    Forgot about Chris Brown.Before the Rhianna thing he had this kind of clean cut image,careers never really recovered since then.All you hear about him now is when hes having another meltdown,getting into girly scuffles in nightclubs or crashing his car.

How this lad getting a licence to come here and make a few million in the summer is beyond me. His fans are extremely forgiving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Rob Lowe - Hollywood star to Statutory rapist.

Britney Spears

OJ Simpson

Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville

Roman Polanski. Found guilty of child rape and skipped the country. In Whoopi Goldberg's eyes, that's absolutely fine.... Because it wasn't 'Rape Rape'

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Didn't Ryan Giggs get a lot of critisism for riding his brothers wife for 8 years? Scumbag.

Still, he's a popular figure with Utd fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Andy Gray and Richard Keys sexist remarks on Sky sport

Cathy.C wrote: »
    Few that come to mind would be Big Ron Atkinson, football commentator. He used the N word when talking about a player. He thought his mic was off.

Lance Armstrong would be a big one. Can't believe I read his first book and second book and bought all he was saying about never doing steroids.

Hugh Grant for a time but long term I don't think it really did him any harm. Some might say it even helped him a little as it gave him an edge where previously he had been seen as squeaky clean.

Someone who fell from grace but not far enough for me would be Mike Tyson. Obviously he was convicted of rape and did time and all but some of the things he has said to people on camera are quite shocking in themselves but yet he regularly makes film cameos, chat show appearances etc. Very odd.

Leslie Grantham
    . Was excited when he came back to Eastenders as always love the Dirty Den character but then within a short time of coming back he went into his dressing room on set and had cybersex with someone who passed on his details to the tabloids. They then set him up by getting an actress to pretend to be interested in him and ask him about his fellow cast members. He didn't disappoint and after exposing himself again he went on to slate most of the cast members. And that as they say was that. Well, he does the odd play and pantomime here and there. Interestingly enough when he was 19 he "accidentally" shot dead a taxi driver in Germany and did ten years for it. I remember it being revealed by The Sun many many years ago. Certainly hasn't led a boring life anyway.

Boxing fans are very forgiving of their heroes.Tyson could bite babys heads off and still have a loyal following.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Rob Lowe - Hollywood star to Statutory rapist.

Britney Spears

OJ Simpson

Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville

Roman Polanski. Found guilty of child rape and skipped the country. In Whoopi Goldberg's eyes, that's absolutely fine.... Because it wasn't 'Rape Rape'

She was also defending Bill Cosby for a while there but seems to have changed her tune lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭chainsmoker556

Ronda Rousey..sad

Ronda Rousey..sad

I had to Google her.How does she fit into this thread exactly?An MMA fighter who lost a match.

• Advertisement

Tulisa,she had a nice earner with being an X-Factor judge and probably could have carved out a career as a TV presenter but the drugs case,even though she was cleared has thrown the spanner in that.Theres been a drink driving case since and a couple of instances of her assaulting various Z listers.Also shes ruined her looks through plastic surgery.

Advertisement