Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

He looked pretty bad as a passer, stared down his receivers all game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

On the bright side (and I'm clutching at straws here), the Cowboys and Eagles both lost as well and hopefully the Broncos will beat the Giants in the game on at the moment so after two weeks and 2 awful performances, they'll only be a game back which isn't the end of the world.

It will be the end of the world of course if they don't get it together in week 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

On the bright side (and I'm clutching at straws here), the Cowboys and Eagles both lost as well and hopefully the Broncos will beat the Giants in the game on at the moment so after two weeks and 2 awful performances, they'll only be a game back which isn't the end of the world.

It will be the end of the world of course if they don't get it together in week 3.

Losing to Green Bay is not the end of the world but the problem I see with the team at the moment is their inability to move the ball early in games.

RGIII is not comfortably moving off the hurt leg, he was not finishing his throws against Philly and that is a problem and a major concern for me personally. I really love RG III but you cant win in this league while playing hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Once again the 2nd half was a big improvement onr the first. Whatever they're doing in the locker room at half time, they oughta do that before kickoff.

Next week is going to make it or break it. If we can't get our **** together against the Lions, we might as well leave it.

Raphael wrote: »
    Once again the 2nd half was a big improvement onr the first. Whatever they're doing in the locker room at half time, they oughta do that before kickoff.

Next week is going to make it or break it. If we can't get our **** together against the Lions, we might as well leave it.

I don't think you can read too much into the second half performance. GB's defence wouldn't have been blitzing as much and they probably took out a few starters from time to time and when you're up 30 points or so, the urgency wouldn't be there so the stats from the 2nd half shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I agree, the game against the Lions (and the following week @ Oakland) are critical. They need to get back to 2-2 and go into the bye back in the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anyone watching the game now lads how are we getting on, do we look like pulling it off??

I'm watching it, going an awful lot better. A win is definitely on the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Not anymore :/
    More bad luck

It's not over yet.

Why in gods name would you go for a field goal at 4th and 3 frm the endzone being 10 behind and 1.40 on the clock:confused:

• Advertisement

Because if they went or it and failed, they get nothing. Sure, they'd be a FG from winning if they made it, but that's still an if.

This way they just need to recover a ball and make one more score. Which was the best they'd get either way.

We need a hail mary!!

Ffs:mad:

=(

Because if they went or it and failed, they get nothing. Sure, they'd be a FG from winning if they made it, but that's still an if.

This way they just need to recover a ball and make one more score. Which was the best they'd get either way.

No they needed to recover the ball and get a td big difference,if they had the balls to go for a td at 4th down they would only need to get the ball back which they did and get close enough to go for a field goal,which they didnt anyway so it doesnt matter but you know what i mean they got to the 50yrd line i think,but if they had been 3 behind instead of 7 at their last pocession then i think they might have played it differently knowing they would only have to get within fg range,with 6 secs left they had to go long because they neefed a td,if they had gone for the td at 4th down they wouldnt have had to do that and could have tied

But if they failed to make that TD, they hand the ball over immediately to the Lions, who just keep the ball on the ground, run out the clock, and let the game end with a 10 point lead. No chance for an onside kick, which is the only that a team can plan to recover the ball.

3 guaranteed points, with a need to recover and get 7, or 7 possible points, with a need to recover and get 3. They made the right call, imo.

But if they failed to make that TD, they hand the ball over immediately to the Lions, who just keep the ball on the ground, run out the clock, and let the game end with a 10 point lead. No chance for an onside kick, which is the only that a team can plan to recover the ball.

3 guaranteed points, with a need to recover and get 7, or 7 possible points, with a need to recover and get 3. They made the right call.

I still say go for it,it was obviously the wrong call cos they still lost just by 3 pts less

Eh, they lost the game when they went 10 points behind with 4 minutes to go.

Eh, they lost the game when they went 10 points behind with 4 minutes to go.

So a team has never come frm 10 pts down with 4mins to go no, all im saying is im dissapointed they didnt have the bottle to go for that td at 4th down they had nothing to lose,they lost by 7 instead of 10 great stuff

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So a team has never come frm 10 pts down with 4mins to go no, all im saying is im dissapointed they didnt have the bottle to go for that td at 4th down they had nothing to lose,they lost by 7 instead of 10 great stuff

Its the same thing either way, you need a TD and a field goal to tie it. They were guaranteed the points on the FG and then try to get the ball back to get the TD. If you go for it and miss on 4th down the game is over and there is NO chance.

• Advertisement

Don't you just wish Pierre Garcon would keep his mouth shut?

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/23/pierre-garcon-rgiii-knee-washington-redskins/?sct=hp_t2_a3

Although he's probably right, it's probably not something he should be out talking about. Last week he was mouthing off about something as well.

Don't you just wish Pierre Garcon would keep his mouth shut?

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/23/pierre-garcon-rgiii-knee-washington-redskins/?sct=hp_t2_a3

Although he's probably right, it's probably not something he should be out talking about. Last week he was mouthing off about something as well.

He has a point but after saying the same thing last week I dont think he needed to go over it again this week.

Its pretty obvious RGIII is not the same dynamic footballer we had last season, but he is getting there.He had a couple of nice runs on Sunday but more important he looked solid for at least 3 quarters and the defence looked alot better on Sunday than they had the previous 2 games. all be it against lesser opposition.

Lucky for us we have the raiders next weekend, a must win before the bye week after which we should be much better. But to be honest after that we have three horrible games away to Dallas(winnable maybe?) home to Chicago (Hmmm) away to Denver (if we dont improve we could lose this by 40)

Dont want to talk about must win games already but we really must win the next 2 we have to get a win at Oakland and away to Dallas. If we do I think we could take Chicago at home, lose the Denver one and be sitting at 3-4 by week 8. I would take that now :-)

Lucky for us we have the raiders next weekend

I was saying the same thing about the Lions last week and we all know how that worked out!

If Pryor is cleared to play, it could be another long day for the defence. Before he got concussed last night, apparently he was moving the ball quite well against Denver so I don't think this game is a gimme.

I was saying the same thing about the Lions last week and we all know how that worked out!

If Pryor is cleared to play, it could be another long day for the defence. Before he got concussed last night, apparently he was moving the ball quite well against Denver so I don't think this game is a gimme.

Not saying it is a gimme by any stretch of the imagination but it is about as easy a game as we are going to get, only one other team we would want to face and thats the Jags. But we need to start winning now or its going to be a lost season.

Not saying it is a gimme by any stretch of the imagination but it is about as easy a game as we are going to get, only one other team we would want to face and thats the Jags. But we need to start winning now or its going to be a lost season.
    If only they could play the Jags every week!

If only they could play the Jags every week!

The way the defence is playing though MJD might have a field day against us. Just checking the schedule further there, we really do not have a nice schedule. We need to go into week 9 at 3-4 or we could be out of it altogether.

What you reckon we need to take the division 9-7 or 8-8?

What you reckon we need to take the division 9-7 or 8-8?

Redskins and Giants are awful and the Eagles aren't great either but I don't know about the Cowboys yet. They nearly threw it away against NY in week 1 but I don't know were St. Louis just poor on Sunday or was it a good Dallas performance.

So I'd say if Sunday was the real deal, they'll probably win the division at 9-7 but if they're not, 8-8 will probably win it.

Redskins and Giants are awful and the Eagles aren't great either but I don't know about the Cowboys yet. They nearly threw it away against NY in week 1 but I don't know were St. Louis just poor on Sunday or was it a good Dallas performance.

So I'd say if Sunday was the real deal, they'll probably win the division at 9-7 but if they're not, 8-8 will probably win it.

It will be interesting to see how the two teams match up in week 5

Well that isn't a good start. 2 possessions, 2 yards and a blocked punt recovered for a TD. COuld be going to bed early here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Yeah, looking asleep again

Advertisement