Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

I loved Gone Baby Gone, and though The Town was decent too. Not a fan of comic book films but will check this out now that he's on board

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

WB: Ben, its great to hear from you. We've got a exciting proposition for you. How would you feel about doing the Justice League movie?
    Affleck: Really?! man that would be awesome. I loved playing Daredevil.
    WB: No ben, we were thinking that you could...
    Affleck: Play Batman?
    WB: Ben, we've got TDKR
    Gordon-Levitt for Batman
    . You know that. As I was trying to say we are thinking you could....
    Affleck: Play superman?
    WB: Ben please! we were actually thinking you could direct the movie.
    Affleck: ....
    Affleck: .... oh i see. thats cool. But .. but i'm kinda busy and all.
    WB: We are willing to offer you a very lucrative deal.
    Affleck: ... oh, thats good. Thats good. But i dunno. Got alot to do..
    WB: *sigh* ok you can be Daredevil :rolleyes:
    Affleck: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Daredevil is a Marvel character not DC....

buzz_jpg_200x255_q85.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Bullseye1 wrote: »

Article incorrectly states that he'll only direct movies in which he also stars. Weird how they could just forget his directorial debut...

Affleck is a solid director imo. His first two films were great. And he's a huge comic nerd, which makes this an even better prospect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

pixelburp wrote: »
    A bit random; even if he has shown skill behind the camera as a director, a big-budget summer movie seems slightly at odds with the kind of movies he has directed so far.
    You could have said the same thing about Christopher Nolan and Marc Webb as well, tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You're going to let the same guy who agreed to the script for Daredevil to be the one who directs Justice League?

Seriously?

Overheal wrote: »
    You're going to let the same guy who agreed to the script for Daredevil to be the one who directs Justice League?

Seriously?

The script to Daredevil is very different to what ended up onscreen, as shown in the Director's Cut.

And, as has been said, Affleck has proven himself as a good (decent, at the very least) director.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Seriously?

the directors cut of Daredevil is decent, much better than what made it to the cinemas, there arent many comic book movies that show the hero ignoring the cries for help of a woman as he's just too knackered to go back out then having images of her crawling across his bathroom floor afterwards. I always liked how Daredevil shows the aftermath of what happens when comic book heroes do their thing, him covered in bruises and scars and pulling out broken teeth in the shower, it was probably the first comic movie to do that.

There was a directors cut? Looking into that.

WB: Ben, its great to hear from you. We've got a exciting proposition for you. How would you feel about doing the Justice League movie?
    Gordon-Levitt for Batman

he already kinda sorta played Superman though ;)

hollywoodland2.jpg

he's really good in Hollywoodland as well btw. I like Affleck, he's made a lot of crap but he comes across as funny in interviews and he isnt afraid to take the piss out of himself, and he's fantastic in Chasing Amy.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    the directors cut of Daredevil is decent, much better than what made it to the cinemas, there arent many comic book movies that show the hero ignoring the cries for help of a woman as he's just too knackered to go back out then having images of her crawling across his bathroom floor afterwards. I always liked how Daredevil shows the aftermath of what happens when comic book heroes do their thing, him covered in bruises and scars and pulling out broken teeth in the shower, it was probably the first comic movie to do that.
    having just rewatched that scene, and everything building up to it, the first act of the movie is AAA, and that was definitely an extremely dark moment. I loved it. I just wish the rest of the movie stacked up. All I remembered of that movie leaving the theatre was him fighting jennifer gardner on a playground seesaw and a really corney Evanescence overlay and collin farell in a seriously awful looking geddup.

I wish that whole movie built on from act one :(

edit: it is offensive that Bullseye made it past that airport checkpoint :P

having just rewatched that scene, and everything building up to it, the first act of the movie is AAA, and that was definitely an extremely dark moment. I loved it. I just wish the rest of the movie stacked up. All I remembered of that movie leaving the theatre was him fighting jennifer gardner on a playground seesaw and a really corney Evanescence overlay and collin farell in a seriously awful looking geddup.

Here's a comparison between the theatrical and director cut of Daredevil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

Daredevil is a Marvel character not DC....

buzz_jpg_200x255_q85.jpg

Actually I like the idea that he'd agree to the deal in that context. I like the to think that Ben Affleck (at least the Ben Affleck of old) would have been like 'yeah sure Daredevil is in the Justice League. I mean DC, Marvel they're all Superheroes...whatevs bro'

and they removed that horrible fireside love scene, bleh. I like Daredevil, its not perfect but its fun, Colin Farrell looks like he's having an absolute blast in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Seriously?

That's specious reasoning. By your logic I could claim that Jon Favreau shouldn't have been allowed to direct Iron Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Gordon-Levitt for Batman

he already kinda sorta played Superman though ;)

hollywoodland2.jpg

he's really good in Hollywoodland as well btw. I like Affleck, he's made a lot of crap but he comes across as funny in interviews and he isnt afraid to take the piss out of himself, and he's fantastic in Chasing Amy.

I hope he doesht act in it himself and he is the worst actor on earth

He isn't a bad director to be fair but it's a step down from christopher Nolan who was the original director

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mrmorgan wrote: »

He isn't a bad director to be fair but it's a step down from christopher Nolan who was the original director

2 completely things wrong. Affleck is a good actor.
    Nolan was never doing the Justice League movie

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I reckon he could do a great job. The trailer for his new one played before TDKR both times I saw it funnily enough, called Argo I think, looks really good too.

2 completely things wrong. Affleck is a good actor.
    Nolan was never doing the Justice League movie

He is a terrable actor
    I read on imdb this morning that Nolan was there originally but backed out

He is a terrable actor

Nolan was asked but said no. A lot of what's IMDb is pure shite. Affleck's a good actor; he's just taken some shitty roles.

• Advertisement

He is a terrable actor

watch Good Will Hunting, Chasing Amy, Hollywoodland and The Town. He's excellent in all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

pixelburp wrote: »
    A bit random; even if he has shown skill behind the camera as a director, a big-budget summer movie seems slightly at odds with the kind of movies he has directed so far. And it's not like he could simply set a JL movie in Bawwwston either :D

His latest, Argo, looks like it might be worth a gander, top notch cast & pretty interesting true-story (although this time Afflick is both infront of and behind the camera)

Same was probably said for Kenneth Branagh and Thor!

He is a terrable actor

watch Good Will Hunting, Chasing Amy, Hollywoodland and The Town. He's excellent in all of them.

Haven't seem hollywoodland. Good will hunting is a good film Matt Damon made it. The town washt a Great movie and I thought he was terrable in it

• Registered Users Posts: 84,755 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

First of I might be the only one but I liked the film Daredevil :o

Anyways I think Affleck could do a good job as already said in this thread he did well directing Gone Baby Gone and The Town and was he also involved in the script for these?

As stated above, the Directors Cut was a lot less of a pile of shyte than the Theatrical Release. It made sense, and the only annoying leftover parts were bullseye (who falls into it's so bad its funny territory), and a few really corny music overlays and that scene where elektra 'kills' a bunch of sandbags that seem to drop out of nowhere. Otherwise, pretty cracking film. The add-in court plot helped a lot and all the OTT choreographed fight scenes are easier to swallow with an eye to comics and the additional grittiness added in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I admit Ben Affleck has been in more bad movies than good, but he's matured a lot in the last five years in terms of the projects he's a part of.
    You could hardly blame him for turning down roles like Armageddon & Pearl Harbour, they were massive movies to be a part of, even if the risk of being a one dimensional character.

State Of Play was a good performance and although he plays inside his comfort zone in The Town, it's another solid performance.

His two directorial ventures have been great movies in my opinion and I'm looking forward to Argo later in the year as well, especially seeing as he's leaving Boston for this one!

With regards to the Justice League, there's a long way to go before there's any proper developments. Everyone seems to believe that the Superman & Batman actors are all aboard already; I wouldn't be so quick to presume that based on just a 2 minute trailer for MOS & a 60 second epilogue in TDKR.
    I think DC & WB are letting The Avengers put them under more pressure than they need to.

I admit Ben Affleck has been in more bad movies than good, but he's matured a lot in the last five years in terms of the projects he's a part of.
    You could hardly blame him for turning down roles like Armageddon & Pearl Harbour, they were massive movies to be a part of, even if the risk of being a one dimensional character.

State Of Play was a good performance and although he plays inside his comfort zone in The Town, it's another solid performance.

His two directorial ventures have been great movies in my opinion and I'm looking forward to Argo later in the year as well, especially seeing as he's leaving Boston for this one!

With regards to the Justice League, there's a long way to go before there's any proper developments. Everyone seems to believe that the Superman & Batman actors are all aboard already; I wouldn't be so quick to presume that based on just a 2 minute trailer for MOS & a 60 second epilogue in TDKR.
    I think DC & WB are letting The Avengers put them under more pressure than they need to.

any word on who be playing batman??

Please be Michael Keaton, please be Michael Keaton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Please be Michael Keaton, please be Michael Keaton.

although a fantastic batman he was no bale and hes ancient. id put my money on Ryan gosling heard hes rumored for the new batman franchise

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Same was probably said for Kenneth Branagh and Thor!

True, but in retrospect, Thor's cheesy take on Norse mythology & its Shakespearean undertones were pretty much a perfect fit for someone like Branagh. But then maybe Afflick's a big comic geek, so who knows.

Considering this is still conjecture as to who the director will be, talk of actors playing the parts is even less advanced. Personally I think this is all too soon & the studio should see how Superman performs first, and let the dust settle on the Nolan Batman franchise. Quick development of this Justice League movie will only invite comparisons with the Superman, Batman and Avengers movies (in the superhero-teamup sense)

Advertisement