Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This. I could not believe how much better the animated movie "Green Lantern : Emerald Knights" was than the atrocious movie. I would have loved to have seen something like Emerald Knights as a movie.

A live action Green Lantern: First Flight would have been a much better origin movie than what we got. It's practically Training Day done with the GL corp.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A live action Green Lantern: First Flight would have been a much better origin movie than what we got. It's practically Training Day done with the GL corp.

Yea, but First Flight Its far too similar to Training Day, its practically an exact copy, plot wise. Emerald Knights had the epicness of the GL universe weaved into the story.

Green Lantern could easily have been the modern Star Wars trilogy if done correctly. Why do people keep puting Ryan Ryenolds in movies. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I saw this:
    This. I could not believe how much better the animated movie "Green Lantern : Emerald Knights" was than the atrocious movie. I would have loved to have seen something like Emerald Knights as a movie.

And was beaten to posting this:

First Flight > Emerald Knights.
    Green Lantern could easily have been the modern Star Wars trilogy if done correctly. Why do people keep puting Ryan Ryenolds in movies. :mad:

Ryan Reynolds has a lot of charisma and great comic timing. The script let that movie down, not him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yea, but First Flight Its far too similar to Training Day, its practically an exact copy, plot wise. Emerald Knights had the epicness of the GL universe weaved into the story.

I preferred it to Training Day :D

Emerald knights was just a selection of short movies though I thought? I remember it not being a patch on First Flight. Besides Training Day wasn't a particularly original film itself, I think the rookie vs. the corrupt mentor was a brilliant idea, because it sets up Sinestro so well.

I like Reynolds, they just weren't brave enough with the script, they didn't fully embrace the wider GL universe, which is what makes the character so compelling imo, and ended up making a pretty generic superhero origin movie that stuck too closely to the tropes of the genre.

GL should be approach alomost like a space opera in the star wars mold as you said.

This where Marvel have had the edge (apart from Nolan's Batman movies) so far. Their movies play to each individual characters strength.

^^Agree.

DC have been brave enough with their animated movies cos there's so much less to lose but fairly reserved with their live action instalments. The result? A bunch of amazing animated movies and a bunch of live action flops (Nolan's Batman aside).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭paulieeye

make a feature length of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nf-m6WGl4

Just watched DC's animated Wonder Woman movie last night. Strange how instantly and unquestionably more enjoyable it was than the live action Green Lantern and Superman movies of late....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

If they made a live action movie of that Wonder Woman animated movie it would work. Great story.

Yeah the Wonder Woman movie is great, if they do get around to making a live action movie they really need to play on the Greek mythology aspect. She's essentially the Thor of JLA in that regard I suppose. And someone, for the love of god, give Nathan Fillion the lead in a major blockbuster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Yeah the Wonder Woman movie is great, if they do get around to making a live action movie they really need to play on the Greek mythology aspect. She's essentially the Thor of JLA in that regard I suppose. And someone, for the love of god, give Nathan Fillion the lead in a major blockbuster!
    I nominate Nathan Fillion for Hank Pym

• Advertisement

Agreed. Fillion is getting to the point where he's getting almost a little too old to play a superhero. He needs to get it done SOON. I liked him voicing GL... Hank Pym is a good shout but he'd never be the lead....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Agreed. Fillion is getting to the point where he's getting almost a little too old to play a superhero. He needs to get it done SOON. I liked him voicing GL... Hank Pym is a good shout but he'd never be the lead....

But he has played a superhero.... The Holy Avenger in Super. :D
    Possibly NSFW

Corkfeen wrote: »
    But he has played a superhero.... The Holy Avenger in Super. :D
    Possibly NSFW

Great movie!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

He's a bit weighty to be playing a superhero now, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

But he really is ruggedly handsome;-)

Weight can be lost in all fairness. Do you think that he could not lose 10kg, if a film dictated?

He is but the general practice for films like that is to get the lead working with a personal trainer for 2-3 months in advance of filming. He could drop that weight easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

paulieeye wrote: »
    make a feature length of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nf-m6WGl4

Hmm, that could definitely work. Still though, I can't see modern audiences accepting a villain called Brainiac.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

But he really is ruggedly handsome

Weight can be lost in all fairness. Do you think that he could not lose 10kg, if a film dictated?

I'm sure he could if he worked hard enough
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Hmm, that could definitely work. Still though, I can't see modern audiences accepting a villain called Brainiac.

I think if they accepted someone called Loki as a credible threat, they probably wouldn't have a hard time accepting Brainiac. I think they should use Darkseid, he'd probably be the best choice

I'm sure he could if he worked hard enough

I think if they accepted someone called Loki as a credible threat, they probably wouldn't have a hard time accepting Brainiac. I think they should use Darkseid, he'd probably be the best choice

Darkseid is a bit similar to Thanos though ain't he? They need to try and set themselves apart from Avengers as much as possible I reckon.

Woul love if they did something like the Tower of Babel storyline, although it wouldn't really work as a firs JLA movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Darkseid is a bit similar to Thanos though ain't he? They need to try and set themselves apart from Avengers as much as possible I reckon.

Woul love if they did something like the Tower of Babel storyline, although it wouldn't really work as a firs JLA movie.

They also have to be careful not to have it the Superman and Friends show. As much as I would love to see Supes go toe to toe with Darkseid, it should be in his own film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Galvasean wrote: »

Thats why i can never see a Flash movie happening...most of his rouges sound ridiculous.

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Thats why i can never see a Flash movie happening...most of his rouges sound ridiculous.

Isn't Brainiac a Superman villain primarily? I think Brainiac could work just fine in a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Isn't Brainiac a Superman villain primarily? I think Brainiac could work just fine in a film.

I was just saying a lot of the DC villains have silly names that general audiences mind find funny.

Worked pretty well in Smallville...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The name Loki doesn't mean diddly-squat to the average punter though. As far as they are concerned it has no meaning. Brainiac just sounds like a name you'd give some high school krell-boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

He's a decent director tbh, Gone Baby Gone and The Town were both well made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

krudler wrote: »

True that, not perfect but both were very, very solid. I always thought he was an annoying eejit as an actor but he has the makings of a fine director.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

krudler wrote: »

Yeh have to say I really enjoyed The Town especially a film i could watch agaain and again. But Justice league will be a completly different fair compared to them two films. But id say he could do a good job with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A bit random; even if he has shown skill behind the camera as a director, a big-budget summer movie seems slightly at odds with the kind of movies he has directed so far. And it's not like he could simply set a JL movie in Bawwwston either :D

His latest, Argo, looks like it might be worth a gander, top notch cast & pretty interesting true-story (although this time Afflick is both infront of and behind the camera)

Advertisement