Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Denver Broncos Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Quinn with another solid performance last night. People in this debate are conveniently forgetting the pedigree Quinn had coming out of college - he was a star of a high pressure program and led them to two of their three BCS appearances in a decade, putting up ridiculous numbers in the process. Great arm, ability to make plays with his feet, a bunch of late TD drives in crunch situations, etc. Drafted in the 1st round to be a franchise QB. And his play in the NFL thus far? Awful.

Hopefully Tebow and the Denver coaching staff are moving on to working how to get him on the field in other ways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tebow won't be a full back, a half back, a tight end or anything like that. He's said as much himself, and while some will argue if he wants a shot at the NFL he may not have a choice, I disagree. His value will drop in Denver as third string and some other franchise in desperate need of a QB will trade for him. He'll be a starting QB for someone in this league before he'll be a half back or anything else. I honestly don't see him in Denver beyond the 2012 season. He'll take his shot battling on some other QB depth chart before he'll even consider being a half back or whatever else is being suggested.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Tebow won't be a full back, a half back, a tight end or anything like that. He's said as much himself, and while some will argue if he wants a shot at the NFL he may not have a choice, I disagree. His value will drop in Denver as third string and some other franchise in desperate need of a QB will trade for him. He'll be a starting QB for someone in this league before he'll be a half back or anything else. I honestly don't see him in Denver beyond the 2012 season. He'll take his shot battling on some other QB depth chart before he'll even consider being a half back or whatever else is being suggested.

No, but he could be a Brad Smith. He is never going to be a viable starting QB in the NFL, but he could be a useful utility player who lines up at a variety of different skill positions in certain situations - including under centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I can't see any team in the NFL taking him up to be a starting QB. Just don't see him starting for a team for a whole season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Quinn with another solid performance last night. People in this debate are conveniently forgetting the pedigree Quinn had coming out of college - he was a star of a high pressure program and led them to two of their three BCS appearances in a decade, putting up ridiculous numbers in the process. Great arm, ability to make plays with his feet, a bunch of late TD drives in crunch situations, etc. Drafted in the 1st round to be a franchise QB. And his play in the NFL thus far? Awful.

Hopefully Tebow and the Denver coaching staff are moving on to working how to get him on the field in other ways...

Quinn got drafted into a horrible situation though, a bad browns team with repeated roster and coaching changes and with no talent at the skill positions... small wonder he struggled, it destroyed his confidence too... glad to see he's on the road back, he'll at the least be a very capable backup

Tebow just needs to wait, he will not get handed this and shouldn't, whether it's right that he should or not. Whoever ends up the QB of the team i follow will have my support

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

spiralism wrote: »
    is this the Fullback/Tight End thing again? If Tebow doesnt make it as a QB, he wont make it full stop probably. And to say that he certainly wont make it as a starting QB is ludicrous. Maybe he won't sure, but theres more evidence right now that he will make it than not

I'll say this, if you could combine Orton's passing skills with Tebow's Intangibles, you'd have some player

If we start at the start and say that if JeffMcDaniels hadnt drafted Tebow in the 1st round we wouldnt be having this debate ...the consensus was that he was a 3rd rounder ...a project ....he hasnt really shown ability above this view and projects get dumped ...he could play fullback or at T-end but will he want to ?

He now has a GM who didnt pick him and a coach who didnt draft him and an incumbent QB who came off a strong season and backed his own ability when Miami came to trade

I think Tebow will be cut ...there isnt a financial imperative but if Orton has a strong first 6 weeks it could get interesting ...they have a nice schedule through the first month

Tbh the longer Tebow stays in Denver the worst it gets. Everyone knows next years draft and free agency is the year of the QB. He's got to get out before people just accept that they ll fill the gaps next year.

http://www.tebowzone.com/

For all of you who still believe in your Christian champion.

Seriously, some absolute gems in there:
    Lee says:
    August 21, 2011 at 11:00 pm
    The real issue here is John Elway is a Freemason, this is public info even though it is not covered in the media. For those of you who do not know what the Freemasons are about google it and do some research. I have been fooled about Elway’s BS he gives the media concerning Tebow. Elway is lying (that is what freemasons do alot) telling the fans about the QB competition. A Freemason is never going to let a outspoken Christian be succesful. End of Story!!! By the way I burned all of my Elway memorabilia last in my fire place. I Am a Die Hard Bronco Fan for 50 plus years and it ended last nite I am going to be a Houston Texan Fan until Bowlen pulls is head out you know what and fires the ao called alcoholic ex-superstar. Elway and Fox are destroying the foundation of the franchise, News Flash tonite in Denver a grassroots movement of Bronco haters is growing in epic fashion. It is almost sad to think about it but right now I hope this franchise falls to the bottom of the NFL. All fans of the Denver Broncos should investigate what Freemason Elway is really all about and decide if he really should have their support I know I will not support this guy.

wow like

What people fail to take into account is that Orton is the anti christ...

Oh those crazy american fundamentalists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    http://www.tebowzone.com/

For all of you who still believe in your Christian champion.

Seriously, some absolute gems in there:

wow like

Cheers for that link. That is by far one of the funniest websites I have ever read. Its worse than those conspiracy nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I like Tebow, he may never be good enough to lead a franchise but i like him :P

I like Tebow, he may never be good enough to lead a franchise but i like him :P

I heard you and Eagle eye and Tom Brady are premium member of the Tebow fan club and moderate the above site :D

I heard you and Eagle eye and Tom Brady are premium member of the Tebow fan club and moderate the above site :D

Be quiet, pagan devil!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

"Kevin, over at the Phinsider, makes a case for the the Dolphins to trade for Tim Tebow. The Dolphins are really the only team I can think of that would trade for Tim — maybe the Bills or 49ers."

Just what the 49ers need, another mediocre ( at best) QB not ready for the NFL.

This post reeks of freemasonary :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

My main memory of Brady Quinn at the Browns was Captain Checkdown

Good at short passes but just would never take a shot downfield. Colt McCoy is slinging it these days

But from seeing Quinn last pre-season game he looked very good and solid

So realy, hard to argue about Quinn passing Tebow on the depth chart just from what I've seen in preseason

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well my last words on this are the following.

I'm a believer in that a person can do almost anything they put their mind to if they have incredible determination and a great work ethic. Tebow has those two in bucket fulls and he is also a great leader.

I could give you many, many examples of people beating the odds in the NFL but I'm sure you all know plenty of them yourself.

I'm still confident that Tebow will make it at QB in the NFL. He may have to leave Denver for that to happen but it will happen imo.

Thats the end of this for me. There is one guy here who is just trying to rise people but he is pretty poor at it. There are plenty who don't believe he can make it, I think these people don't understand how far ruthless determination can bring you.

eagle eye wrote: »

I'm a believer in that a person can do almost anything they put their mind to if they have incredible determination and a great work ethic. Tebow has those two in bucket fulls and he is also a great leader.

From one tebow fan to another, I do agree with this statement to a degree, determination and work ethic can only drag a person so far. Natural talent is also a huge piece of the puzzle.

Time will tell if he has enough natural talent to be successful. I think he does and he will reach success at QB with some team eventually.

There are plenty who don't believe he can make it, I think these people don't understand how far ruthless determination can bring you.

Sorry Eagle Eye but that is utter b0llocks. Trying to belittle other peoples opinions by saying we don't understand how far ruthlessness can take someone. That almost implies stupidity. Im 31 and have seen many examples of it in sport over my lifetime and to say that is the reason for my opinions is utter b0llocks. Most of us guys who don't believe it have given legite reasons to our opinion if you can't accept that then fair enough but throwing that reason is there to belittle our knowledge and opinions is nonsense at best.

You can have all the heart and determination in the world and still fail at the actual job/task/position/sport assigned or you have a chance in especially if you are not the best at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

another Eagle eye gem to add to the list. It's fair to say no matter what happens to Tebow EE will never accept it was down to a lack of talent. Instead it will be because Broncos screwed him, no team gave him a real chance, Elway is a freemason, etc etc.

I could give you many, many examples of people beating the odds in the NFL but I'm sure you all know plenty of them yourself.

I'm still confident that Tebow will make it at QB in the NFL. He may have to leave Denver for that to happen but it will happen imo.

Thats the end of this for me. There is one guy here who is just trying to rise people but he is pretty poor at it. There are plenty who don't believe he can make it, I think these people don't understand how far ruthless determination can bring you.

89513487.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Seriously, I just wish the Broncos would start Tebow this season so they can show the fans how bad he actually is at throwing the football in the NFL. The fans are gonna pray for Orton to fail so they can get Tebow in at QB, Orton is in a really crappy situation.

another Eagle eye gem to add to the list. It's fair to say no matter what happens to Tebow EE will never accept it was down to a lack of talent. Instead it will be because Broncos screwed him, no team gave him a real chance, Elway is a freemason, etc etc.

Bit harsh, I don't think EE has said anything like that. He's just said that if Tebow gets a shot, he'll take it and show he can be a succesful QB. He's acknowledged that Tebow needs work, I haven't seen him leading a campaign that Tebow is of elite starting calibre as it is or anything. He's just taking the view that the rest of the Tebow fans on here are taking - he has what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL and will be succesful some day. I dont think anyone is championing Tebow to lead a team to the Superbowl this year or anything - they're the type of idiots you'll get on NFL.com comments section and the like. EE is just saying, and I agree with him, that Tebow has intangibles of a high level that very few QBs ever have, and that if he can use these while working on his mechanics and make himself a better player then he'll make some franchise very happy one day.

I echo the words of Boomer Esiason who knew a thing or two about the QBack play ....no matter how god-fearing you are or determined you are or as nice person as you are ...you may have the talent to be a star college QBack but it doesnt always translate or some players may be late bloomers ...

I wouldnt say his fate is sealed and also factoring in the lock-out ...Tebow really needed a full pre-season but other passers who need to improve are improving and he doesnt seem to be ....NFL talent evaluators and GMs dont put much store in the perspiration above inspiration ...they expect the hard work as part of the deal especially if being paid as a first round draft pick

But as the Joey Harringtons have found being a college star doesnt guarantee anything at the next level

andreware89.jpg

Bit harsh, I don't think EE has said anything like that. He's just said that if Tebow gets a shot, he'll take it and show he can be a succesful QB. He's acknowledged that Tebow needs work, I haven't seen him leading a campaign that Tebow is of elite starting calibre as it is or anything. He's just taking the view that the rest of the Tebow fans on here are taking - he has what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL and will be succesful some day. I dont think anyone is championing Tebow to lead a team to the Superbowl this year or anything - they're the type of idiots you'll get on NFL.com comments section and the like. EE is just saying, and I agree with him, that Tebow has intangibles of a high level that very few QBs ever have, and that if he can use these while working on his mechanics and make himself a better player then he'll make some franchise very happy one day.

I think what is being attacked is the presumption of success...that all things being equal if he gets a fair chance he will succeed ....

"He's just said that if Tebow gets a shot, he'll take it and show he can be a succesful QB"

There is absolutely no guarantee of that ....He was a 3rd round project at best with inexperience in running a pro-style offence with question marks about mechanics etc which may never be overcome . His intangibles suggested that there may be a chance . Josh McDaniels made a leap of faith that talent evaluators around the league didnt agree with (it isnt his main job task) and we are where we are

It is instructive that my first choice in the 2011 draft at QB by miles was Ryan Mallett with Newton followed by Locker ....You would have to say that in terms of running a pro-style office ...moving around the pocket ...accuracy and following all of his reads there may be a significant gap between Mallett & Tebow even at this early stage and other 2011 QB draftees may be ahead of him also

Remember there has been successful hybrid players who found successful NFL careers just not at Quarterback ....maybe we are using the wrong measure of success but Denver have had a long look at this stage

Cheers for that link. That is by far one of the funniest websites I have ever read. Its worse than those conspiracy nuts.

The Christian Right would make u laugh

neilster wrote: »
    I think what is being attacked is the presumption of success...that all things being equal if he gets a fair chance he will succeed ....

"He's just said that if Tebow gets a shot, he'll take it and show he can be a succesful QB"

There is absolutely no guarantee of that

Fair enough, show me where he guaranteed that would happen? I see an opinion, but I don't see a guarantee. When you predicted the Pats would address their pass rush in the draft, was that an opinion or a guarantee?

It is instructive that my first choice in the 2011 draft at QB by miles was Ryan Mallett with Newton followed by Locker

lol thanks for that. Known all around the league for your QB talent evaluation then, are you? But wait, then you say...
    You would have to say that in terms of running a pro-style office ...moving around the pocket ...accuracy and following all of his reads there may be a significant gap between Mallett & Tebow

...and it was at this point that I realised you've never actually seen an Arkansas game in your life, so I stopped treating it as a serious post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Tebow has been given a shot and failed already. Maybe he'll turn it around, but I can't of many successful nfl quarterbacks who've gone from 1st string QB to 3rd(arguable 4th) and then gone on to be a success. Althought obviously none of those guys worked as hard as Tebow.

I agree that if Tebow can work on his mechanics(and other aspects) with the intangilbes he'll be a success in the nfl, I also believe if Jamarcus Russell can be a success in the NFL if he develops a work ethic, however I think there is about a 1% chance of that happening. I think it's laughable that EE thinks you only need an amazing work ethic for Tebow to be a great QB. You also need natural talent and and potential. Plenty of QB's work just as hard as Tebow, problem is those guys don't have the natural born ability to succeed, same as Tebow imo. The guy has probably worked his butt of for since leaving college and look where it has got him.

Advertisement