Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah Georgia's lack of offense has killed them ,lsu are the real deal though.
    It was pretty evident if it you didn't believe it already about how good this offense is.
    The most points given up all season during regular time by the Bulldogs was 17 points. They gave up 37 to LSU.
    This offense is pretty much unstoppable. On top of that their defense has been improving all season long and look pretty good right now.
    I can't see them being stopped by anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

You have to love Army/Navy game stats. 3 completions from 6 pass attempts and a guy runs for 305 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

No fanfare for the playoffs?

Peach Bowl about to start now. I fancy LSU and Ohio State to progress tonight.

Memphis v Penn State which just finished was an enjoyable game.

Cotton Bowl was a decent enough watch. High hopes for this upcoming one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah me too, wild be happy to see LSU win it out as well, their coach is fantastic and I like the brand of football they play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Huge Hype around LSU AND Joe in particular on ESPN.... You would think Oklahoma have zero chance. I dunno.... LSU justifiable favourites bit a lot of experience and hurt around they Sooners organisation over recent years, there might be a surprise in store.

Over/Under of 76 and LSU favoured by 14. Here's hoping the former is hit, and the latter is not. Would like it to be a close one!

We'll, that looked astonishingly easy.

Well that didn't take long.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Statement

Had no idea Randy Moss' son was playing for LSU

What a play there by Burrow

What a play there by Burrow

Is there no ‘out of bounds’ rule for receivers in college? Was an unbelievable play anyway.

Is there no ‘out of bounds’ rule for receivers in college? Was an unbelievable play anyway.

Yer man commentating said if he's forced out, he can come back in. Thats not the case in the pros is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Burrow picking them apart. They don’t look like stopping lsu at all really

Yer man commentating said if he's forced out, he can come back in. Thats not the case in the pros is it?

Used to be, but something changed a few years ago in the pros iirc.
    Cheers though, I’ve no sound on cos the wife is watching telly so couldn’t hear what they were saying about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Jesus, Burrow looks like a stud.

D9Male wrote: »
    Jesus, Burrow looks like a stud.

Can run too as that last play just showed

Well that was moronic

• Advertisement

That is a sensational throw.

I know the commentary keeps going on about all the injuries on Oklahoma defense, but christ their secondary is hopeless.

Amazing throw though

That’s some play on the interception.

3rd and 18. No bother.

Blowout before half time.

This is unreal stuff.

Horrible spectacle though, the gulf in class is just too much. This is why there shouldn't be an 8 or 16 team playoff. There'll be too many blowouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Horrible spectacle though, the gulf in class is just too much. This is why there shouldn't be an 8 or 16 team playoff. There'll be too many blowouts.

Huge difference in standards alright. There does be bitching in media about favouritism towards the Sec compared to the other organisations {big 10 etc) in the rankings, but the likes of today would suggest there could be 3 SEC teams in the top 4 - Alabama might be beaten today, but wouldn't concede 50 by HT.

Up 35 but still going for it on 4th down. No letting up here.

• Advertisement

Has the mercy rule ever been used in the finals? :pac:

Advertisement