Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Jersey Order - Closing Date 24th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

hi all

there are 4 options of art for the gillet (vest) jersey and jackets the art name is listed under each item

there will only be 1 art work option available for shorts and all the accessories, if you have any problems with the store please get in touch on j.dempsey@vergesport.com

many thanks for choosing Verge again

john

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Weepsie wrote: »
    I can bring an L jersey/Shorts around to you some day to try.

I'd say they're about spot on for me. I'd be an L in most brands, between L/XL for Castelli and a Medium in Gore and some Altura tops.
    i guess i'm an M so? am just shy of 5'8", and i think a 37" chest and a 32" waist.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

got my order in y'day...
    jersey v1, bib shorts and leg warmers
    took a bit of time for some of the stages to move on but got there in the end

any idea how long to delivery..? not in a rush mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

once the order is sent to production then we will know where it goes into the queue we will probably miss christmas at this stage so could be the first week in jan will confirm for sure once the order is closed up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

How in gods name can you add bib shorts to the jerseys selected..do web designers ever try to use the web pages they set up ? :(

Got there eventually V1, V4 and bib shorts. Happy Christmas to me from me :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Quick update

Anything ordered by the end of the day tomorrow will be sent to production on Monday. There is a chance that this order will be ready before Christmas but will only be confirmed after the order is sent to production so it is not guaranteed.

I've asked verge to keep the shop open for another couple of days. These orders will not be ready before Christmas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Last reminder of this for the Christmas orders

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ordering now - but their sizing chart is pretty useless. they tell you to measure yourself, but then the measurements given are of the garment, rather than of the size of body intended for.
    e.g. in the men's comfort cut, the XS waist is 37-39" - rather than saying this is a relaxed cut for someone with a waist under 30".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Will miss the Xmas delivery but hope to order jersey Monday once Santa gets his fill from my paypacket.

done, fair dues to godtabh for setting this up.

• Advertisement

Re sizing : i have club gear from Verge, im a L in all cycling gear and the L in bibs shorts ,tights, short sleeve jerseys, winter jacket, Gillet are all regular L.
    I presume its the same across S, M etc

Whereas in the Spin 11 i had to order XXL in jerseys and Jacket but L in shorts and tights.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

secman wrote: »
    Re sizing : i have club gear from Verge, im a L in all cycling gear and the L in bibs shorts ,tights, short sleeve jerseys, winter jacket, Gillet are all regular L.
    I presume its the same across S, M etc

Whereas in the Spin 11 i had to order XXL in jerseys and Jacket but L in shorts and tights.
    In Verge stuff I'm generally XL in jersey and L in bibs.

I'm 72kgs, 5'11'', 30' waist, 15.5' shirt - if that's any use. (I'm a bit 'top heavy').

well, i ordered medium in the two jerseys and bib shorts, i'm about the same weight but a few inches shorter, so a bit fatter around the waist. i don't think i've ever been L in any cycling gear i've owned.

good news the order is going to ship from the factory on the 12th of December. It will be with Verge the the following week and hopefully with us shortly after.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Yaay! Thanks for doing all of this godtabh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Thanks godtabh. A bit concerned now on the sizes I picked, as I trusted the sizing charts!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

In Verge stuff I'm generally XL in jersey and L in bibs.

I'm 72kgs, 5'11'', 30' waist, 15.5' shirt - if that's any use. (I'm a bit 'top heavy').

I'm a bit worried now... order an M, similar weight and waist but 6'2"... Their sizing guide seemed to suggest M...

for the sizing, i took their aero sizing to correspond to actual body size, and assumed the intended body sizes up through the various cut styles were consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The Core option would be relaxed so a generous fit i'd say.

I have large in Strike fitted & Strike aero for club gear so if i was ordering a Core i'd order a medium (5'11 & 95kgs). I would ideally size up to XL for aero so Strike fitted is true to size for me.

FYI the flat panels for the V1 art work

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    FYI the flat panels for the V1 art work

Last ones

Going to close this on Sunday

good news the order is going to ship from the factory on the 12th of December. It will be with Verge the the following week and hopefully with us shortly after.

Is this still the case ?

Thanks
    Santa

secman wrote: »
    Is this still the case ?

Thanks
    Santa

I haven’t been told otherwise

I haven’t been told otherwise

Quick update. Due on the 18th/19th of the month so hopefully with us 20th/23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭lissard

Good news- jersey and bibs arrived this morning - lovely piece of kit. Thanks godtabh for making this happen.

santa just rang the doorbell here too. the fit on the jerseys is spot on, i'd been slightly worried about that.

again, chapeau to godtabh for this.

Ah crap.... my missus headed for town this morning..typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

who's the courier ?
    can't remember if i asked for delivery to work or home....:)

• Advertisement

IIRC, it was just a wet and grumpy an post postman.

Advertisement