Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most comfortable condom?

• 07-12-2019 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, perhaps you can provide me some input here on what you find most comfortable. I’ve never used with a partner before due to using alternative birth control methods but they’re not an option right now, hence the need to use condoms in the shorter term.

My partner used them previously (number of years ago) but found he sometimes lost erection when putting them on and generally considered them an inconvenience. Size wise I think he’s on the high side of average, not sure if that could be the issue but any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hi guys, perhaps you can provide me some input here on what you find most comfortable. I’ve never used with a partner before due to using alternative birth control methods but they’re not an option right now, hence the need to use condoms in the shorter term.

My partner used them previously (number of years ago) but found he sometimes lost erection when putting them on and generally considered them an inconvenience. Size wise I think he’s on the high side of average, not sure if that could be the issue but any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    Trojan Magnums - you can get them on amazon, got them before off britishcondoms.uk but don't see them there anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

lynx large from boots are the only one i'd use nowadays, Non-latex also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I generally found it very uncomfortable and awkward putting on condoms until I realised they actually have different sizes even tho the packs themselves are very similar. Once I went up a size from the pack I already had I found it much more comfortable.

If you're partner has issues getting them on then I'd suggest at least going up a size.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Skyn, which you can get in Boots. Wouldn't go back to Durex at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

non latex may be good for various reasons - e.g. I prefer a natural lube, for which we need to use non latex condoms --> from above, skyn works for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭ted1

These are the best if you are on the larger size , contrary to popular belief, one size doesn’t fit all.

https://www.mysize-condoms.com/index

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

If his issue is that he finds them uncomfortable, he might need a bigger size as suggested above. However, you’ve said he finds them an inconvenience which is a different matter. Generally it stopping in the middle of the act to put one on which people find inconvenient, one suggestion to overcome this would be to have it close to hand and for you to help him put it on. It’ll make it be more of the fun rather than an inconvenient stoppage

Advertisement