Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Casefile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    The one with the French family? Intriguing story. Very well told.

Yes, the very one. Crazy story. I just don't what to think
    HE HAS TO BE DEAD ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Yes, the very one. Crazy story. I just don't what to think
    HE HAS TO BE DEAD ??

Logically I'd agree, but there's something incredibly odd about that whole thing.
    With the letter about the undercover work etc
    . I really hope more light is shed on that case at some stage!

Logically I'd agree, but there's something incredibly odd about that whole thing.
    With the letter about the undercover work etc
    . I really hope more light is shed on that case at some stage!

It's a very bizarre tale alright. However,
    he was financially ****ed.. he was probably driven to despair and cracked but how could he just disappear with no money ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

The new episode (130) was gripping but so infuriating. I just wanted to reach through the screen and shake people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It was crazy, his poor family.
    I feel so many more where responsible by the fact they did nothing to stop or help. Felt the judge was far too lenient too,if that was a US case lots of them would have been charged too rightly or wrongly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Just listened to the French case. Absolutely mad story and one that seems tailor made for a future Netflix documentary!

Very well told as well. Had me hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Also just listened to the French case.

The story at the end where a guy was arrested in Scotland... I was like 'wow he was alive all along and they have caught him' and then it turns out it wasn't him. It was like Casefile decided to troll the listeners :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

pc7 wrote: »
    It was crazy, his poor family.
    I feel so many more where responsible by the fact they did nothing to stop or help. Felt the judge was far too lenient too,if that was a US case lots of them would have been charged too rightly or wrongly

the female lead in this story reminded me of my mates (now ex, thankfully) fiance. the phrase dodged a bullet springs to mind!!!

The one this weekend about the young guy and the girl being killed and with subsequent crimes was good I thought.

Best one in a while.
    and they guy was eventually caught because he was snared having a pedal and crank in a car a broad daylight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

glasso wrote: »
    The one this weekend about the young guy and the girl being killed and with subsequent crimes was good I thought.

Best one in a while.
    and they guy was eventually caught because he was snared having a pedal and crank in a car a broad daylight lol

It reminded me of the episodes from when the pod started out.
    Started re-listening to a few Jennifer Pan and port Arthur.
    They were real ground breaking and set such a gold standard for all true crime podcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

The Joe Cinque case was very disturbing to listen to.
    It's frightening that someone can just murder someone out of pure spite and envy then plead insanity to get away with it. And all along, people knew about the girl's plans but didn't utter a word to anybody. Horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

So I’ve just randomly listened to episode 52: Mary and Beth Stauffer, holy Jesus!! When the narrator does the voices of the protagonists it’s gas.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh no :( went to down load today’s and seen it’s Riu Pedro. His story was on the recent Madeline documentary and I was left so upset for his family. (Won’t say as I’m sure some will listen). But this story is up there with Daniel Morcombe. It really haunted me after seeing it on the show. So big time listener beware.

new one is absolutely heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Has anyone tried the new one Casefile have released Silent Waves? Is it worth a listen?

Just finished listening to it and thoroughly enjoyed it. It looked at sex abuse and the psychological effects it has on victims and their families from a number of different points of view, some I had not considered before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Anyone else find the background music in the latest epodode (the santa claus robbery ) really jarring. It sounds much louder and more intrusive than usual. I handt even noticed music before. Now its all i can hear.

Wasn’t going to listen to this weeks as said was interview, but really good listen. It’s the soldier who reported his fellow soldiers for killing/raping family in Iraq.

Wasn’t going to listen to this weeks as said was interview, but really good listen. It’s the soldier who reported his fellow soldiers for killing/raping family in Iraq.

Was absolutely fascinating. Really added some background to what was a terrible case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I must give it a go. I haven't listened to Casefile in about 3 months. This episode sounds interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Anyone who enjoyed The Silk Road 3 parter, the audiobook American Kingpin - which is heavily referenced - is available on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Anyone who enjoyed The Silk Road 3 parter, the audiobook American Kingpin - which is heavily referenced - is available on youtube.

Great episode. I didn’t know they put audio books on YouTube.

The "a dingo took/ate my baby" episode. 2 hrs long.
    I remember the case when I was young but never found out the truth behind it.
    Another sad case very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    The "a dingo took/ate my baby" episode. 2 hrs long.
    I remember the case when I was young but never found out the truth behind it.
    Another sad case very well done.

Which episode is this?

Which episode is this?

Next week's one.

Didn't even finish the dingo one as didn't grab me at all.

I knew the story and the details of the court case and it didn't stand up well as a piece imo if you had a fair bit of prior info on it.

Hopefully this week's one is more interesting.

the latest one about murders in California in the 70's is decent.
    has some parallels at the end to the golden state killer.

glasso wrote: »
    Didn't even finish the dingo one as didn't grab me at all.

I knew the story and the details of the court case and it didn't stand up well as a piece imo if you had a fair bit of prior info on it.

Hopefully this week's one is more interesting.

Really enjoyed that dingo one. Thought they did a great job on it, even though its a fairly well known case.

Listened to the Silk Road and Moors Murders series there while on holiday a while ago. Fantastic.

Really enjoyed that dingo one. Thought they did a great job on it, even though its a fairly well known case.

Listened to the Silk Road and Moors Murders series there while on holiday a while ago. Fantastic.

I just listened to the Moors Murders recently too. I’d always heard about it without really knowing much of the details. Another good one is the Yorkshire Ripper. (I’m going through the series backwards).

el_gaucho wrote: »
    I just listened to the Moors Murders recently too. I’d always heard about it without really knowing much of the details. Another good one is the Yorkshire Ripper. (I’m going through the series backwards).

I think I've listened to pretty much every Casefile episode now but I enjoy going back through old series I enjoyed. The Belanglo series is also fantastic, in case you didn't hear it. And the Golden State Killer series.

• Advertisement

I think I've listened to pretty much every Casefile episode now but I enjoy going back through old series I enjoyed. The Belanglo series is also fantastic, in case you didn't hear it. And the Golden State Killer series.

Belango was one of the most disturbing cases in my in opinion. Up there with The Toy Box and the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs (case 92). Which ones are the Golden State Killer? I had a look but couldn’t see it.

Advertisement