Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) Clinics?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

kaji wrote: »
    Has anyone been to this clinic before? I called them and although the website says it's located in Kildare, the woman on the phone said that they've now moved to Bray. I want to book an appointment with them but just wondering if anyone else has been before.

http://testosterone.ie/

I don't know anything about them, but it looks like they give testosterone without doing any blood tests? That can't be right? I copied the following from their site...

There is no need to check testosterone or any other hormone levels as this will have no bearing on deciding your best treatment.

Depending on your score on our self assessment sheet you will be supplied with Testosterone Replacement or other appropriate medicine and be given an appointment for a follow up visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I emailed them last month and they replied with this:

At a first appointment you would be asked to come fasting as the doctor will run quite extensive blood work . This appointment also takes a full hour as the doctor will take a full medical and lifestyle history.
    To note. Our clinic is in Bray Co Wicklow. We sit there on Friday mornings. A first consultation fee is €200 including the bloods and NO treatment will be offered until we get the results of these bloods back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

That sounds better.......

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

hopeso wrote: »
    That sounds better.......

Yeah I'd say the website is completely out of date :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

I tried downloading the order form and it requested a password. What do I have to do to get around this?

Be careful with that website. A friend bought some Diazepam off them. Fake pills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Surely they have some sort of medical licence or can prove they’re legit if questioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Studioworx

Has anyone bought anything from trt-ireland.com? Have sent an email but no reply as yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Djmaggs

I have just been to testosterone.ie they have a men’s clinic in bray I am hoping they will help me out they done a very thorough check up on me. The (genuine) doctor I saw was very nice and straight and put me at ease
    I have been self administering test c for a few weeks now which I bought off the internet and has made a massive difference to me physically and mentally but am afraid of exactly what is in the stuff I got so would rather do it through an establishment of this calibre and be monitored by gp’s who know what they are doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Djmaggs wrote: »
    I have just been to testosterone.ie they have a men’s clinic in bray I am hoping they will help me out they done a very thorough check up on me. The (genuine) doctor I saw was very nice and straight and put me at ease
    I have been self administering test c for a few weeks now which I bought off the internet and has made a massive difference to me physically and mentally but am afraid of exactly what is in the stuff I got so would rather do it through an establishment of this calibre and be monitored by gp’s who know what they are doing

How did you get, I doubt that the doctor prescribed you testosterone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John Byrne.

Djmaggs wrote: »

I'd be interested to hear how you are getting on with them and what treatment they have put you on?

How often do they do bloodwork and how often do you have follow up appointments scheduled with them to review results from bloodwork?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

I'd be interested to hear how you are getting on with them and what treatment they have put you on?

How often do they do bloodwork and how often do you have follow up appointments scheduled with them to review results from bloodwork?

I’ve been to them John. I also went to a consultant endocrinologist. Can fill you in on PM.

On a separate note, some comments on trt-Ireland.com website on reddit are here https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/cryyc0/testosterone_replacement_therapy_ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 johnnie T2

Hi,

i went to GP with ED months back now - she took my bloods and then sent me to Endocrinologist.
    I was assuming issue was due to low T - i got my bloods and my T appeared as <0.3 (unsure of the metric).
    which i assume is quite low.

months later finally saw the Endo who sent me for more bloods - follow up isn't until march but she emailed me mentioning T had drastically improved and wanted me to do another blood test called Karotype. At the original appointment she said i had high blood pressure - and said i'd receive information about a monitor she wanted me to wear for a reading, but never heard anything more about this.

I still have ED and low libido etc and unsure what would have caused the increase - it seems as if the Endo is ignoring how low the T was only few months back and exploring other options.

Has anyone had experience with endo on this?
    im going public so it takes months to see them again each time they aren't taking action only sending me for more bloods.

Also has anyone actually been prescribed T by the GP/Endo? and what was process here - i'd be keen not to be doing injections myself.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone has used testosterone.ie in bray since?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone has used testosterone.ie in bray since?

I went last year and the doctor there is really nice, one of the nicest medical people I have ever come across. He took my bloods etc and it turned out that I don't have low enough testosterone to warrant any other actions. I'd highly recommend going to see him as he was very knowledgeable and experienced in this field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I went last year and the doctor there is really nice, one of the nicest medical people I have ever come across. He took my bloods etc and it turned out that I don't have low enough testosterone to warrant any other actions. I'd highly recommend going to see him as he was very knowledgeable and experienced in this field.

What tests were done? How much is a consultation?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

He basically took bloods and I filled out a questionnaire in the waiting room beforehand. My appointment was early in the morning so had to fast. He also spoke about what symptoms I believe I have etc. The consultation lasted approx. 1 hour. He was very thorough about asking about all factors of my life with regards to how my hormones might feel out of whack and didn't rush me or anything like that. He called me up when the bloods came back and told me that my testosterone levels were actually fine for my age. He told me to come back for another appointment for a 2nd round of bloods just to make sure I was okay and they were fine too. The first consultation was a hundred and something euros? I can't remember exactly. He didn't charge me anything for the second visit. He was the nicest professional I have ever come across, I wish he was my GP. Can't praise the place enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Glencairin18

Hi John , I just came across this . I am 58 years old and am looking to turn body fat in to muscle . Are you still on this ? If so how's it going for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Damn, I wish I'd followed my own thread. LOL. Just clicked on the new Boards Bell Notification icon and the first link was to this thread that I forgot was started by me!!

Anyway, reading just now about the testosterone.ie site clinic formally in Kildare......and its move to Bray. Oh cool!! I live in Bray. Thats handy!! Where in Bray? Oh, around the corner from my gaff. LMFAO!! :D :D :D

Potential Low T must be compromising my powers of observation because I've been wondering for the last year what replaced the Tanning Place that used to be in that Business unit around the corner. LOL :D:D

ie. Zero hassle to attend appointments. Hope the Pandemic hasn't driven them out of business in the interim. That'd be just me luck!! LOL :D

Post edited by Calibos on

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Yeah, when you see videos online from the likes of MPMD it really does feel bad to add yet another thing onto the list of why life here is inhibiting. GPs go on as if it's absolutely bizarre that lads would be questioning their testosterone levels, when I don't doubt for a second that a lot of lads who suffer with issues like depression, anxiety, low energy etc. could benefit massively from having proper testosterone levels

I think testosterone levels are probably declining over time with how prevalent processed foods are and sedentary lifestyles due to office work and things like that as well, but sooner or later we'll need to wake up and catch up on this topic because men are being robbed of their potential by having this so overly restricted and kept hush hush

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tmurphy93

Hi lads, I'm looking for some advice if anyone can help, or have any more knowledge on the clinic in bray. After using steroids for years I feel I have probably permanently damaged my testosterone production. After stopping and having symptoms even long time after. So I went on self administration of testosterone at a trt dose. I feel much better but I can not go to my GP as I know I will be judged and probably told to just stop doing it and go back to low testosterone. I would like to go to a proper clinic and do it properly and be checked regularly. Does anyone know about the clinic in bray if I would even be considered because I have done this to myself I know, and I am self administrating now also. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Blueberryheist

Hi there, just wondering if you ever gave the clinic a go and if they offered a solution to the self-administration approach? - Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Wondered if anyone followed through. How does to online clinic work.

https://www.medelhealthcare.com/trt-testosterone-replacement-therapy/ anyone used this clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 matt.v

Looks like a good set up alright but can't find reviews of any description online

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how about those over the counter Testosterone booster remedy's - snakeoil??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 justsouthofthenorth

Not exactly snakeoil. Tongkat Ali does help a bit, and will most likely result in a small increase like 20-30% - though if your levels are near the bottom of the range, 20-30% increase isn't enough!

For me, just today I received my blood results back today from Lets Get Checked:

Total Testosterone 9.1 (range 7.6 - 31.6)

• First thing the website has is a little green checkmark with "NORMAL" beside it lol , but we all know that's LOW for a 41 year old otherwise healthy man.

Anyway, I was all for naturally boosting T, thinking my levels might be just a bit below average.

Turns out, I'm actually going to need TRT imo. As I don't think I'll be able to get it up to mid-range with any lifestyle intervention.

However it sounds a little bit concerning that I might have to jump through hoops to get it legitimately.

Anyone else have any experience or advice regarding TRT clinics in Ireland?

Post edited by justsouthofthenorth on

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭furyen

Where can you buy the gel online? And will they be stopped by customs?

• Advertisement
Advertisement