Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim robes

• 17-11-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

I would like to get my oh a swim robe as they have recently started sea swimming.

Can anyone recommend a good quality, warm robe for getting dressed and warmed up a bit on the beach? Seems to be do much choice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

Dry Robe used most at Blackrock Galway but are about 150 yoyos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Dry Robes are pricey but very good.
    I've mine about 4 years and it's still like new. Doesn't even smell!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭brcwatters

Sorry - just wondering about Dry Robes (hopefully a surprise present so don't want asking the recipient). Do most people have the long or short sleeves version? Long sleeves look like they'd be a good bit warmer but are also a fair bit more expensive. Don't want going overkill if not necessary. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭griffin100

brcwatters wrote: »
    Sorry - just wondering about Dry Robes (hopefully a surprise present so don't want asking the recipient). Do most people have the long or short sleeves version? Long sleeves look like they'd be a good bit warmer but are also a fair bit more expensive. Don't want going overkill if not necessary. Thanks!

I’ve one of these - https://www.wetsuitoutlet.ie/2019-northcore-beach-basha-changing-robe-poncho-grey-noco24c-p-8400.html?products_id=8400&source=googleshopping&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5sXKmvqH5gIVjMreCh0YawXUEAQYASABEgIEpvD_BwE

Had it a few years and still going strong. Not as warm as a dry robe but cheap and cheerful and does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭brcwatters

Thanks! I will check them out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Antoninus

Similar to the original poster, I'm looking to order a dryrobe for the S.O. Generally it will be a swim on a secluded beach/lough after a walk with the dog, so lightness and compactness would be important factors. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I’ve a HUT one - cheaper, warm but heavy.
    Family have a DryRobe - very nice - similar to HUT but maybe a bit better quality.
    SO has a RED robe - pricier, but much much lighter, very surprised at how light and warm it is in comparison.

Going from approx 90 to 150 to 170...

But as we’re coming into the Summer is the robe really needed? I only wear mine now until I’m warm and in a few weeks won’t be using it at all until November again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Antoninus

Thanks for the reply Taltos. I'll check these out.
    It's a good question. As summer isn't far away, I might just go for Griffin100's suggestion above.
    Still checking out options mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Wasn't there an Irish company that made something similar to the dry robe?

Sold out in minutes on the first run and were a lot cheaper than dry robe.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭somespud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Advertisement