Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New bannister from ground floor to attic room

Options
  • 24-10-2019 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

The original bannister in my house is 25 years old and in poor condition, i.e. pulling away from the landing due to people pulling on it (house was rented for 15 years before I bought it 2 years ago), the posts and spindles are all chipped and cracked and the extension of the banister up to the attic can only be described as the worse botch job I've ever seen.

Can you advise the rough cost of replacing this bannister and posts with a simple modern design (in wood, not metal or glass) from the hallway up to the attic in a three bed semi? Would there be much disruption caused by removing the posts where they are embedded in the plasterboard going up to the attic? I can do any remedial work to plasterboard and skimming but I've already got a lot on refurbishing the attic myself and I don't have time to replace the bannister myself.

Comments

Advertisement