Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trouble with new oil boiler

• 01-07-2020 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, I got a replacement boiler just over a year ago. Heating the rooms is fine. But now whenever I try to heat the water, this thing in the photos fills up with water. I can see from the door that it sprays it out. I'm not sure if I should get the boiler serviced by the crowd that installed it or just call a normal plumber to come and look at it. Any help would be appreciated if you know what it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Hi, I got a replacement boiler just over a year ago. Heating the rooms is fine. But now whenever I try to heat the water, this thing in the photos fills up with water. I can see from the door that it sprays it out. I'm not sure if I should get the boiler serviced by the crowd that installed it or just call a normal plumber to come and look at it. Any help would be appreciated if you know what it is.

Thats an Automatic air vent.
    The black cap on the top of it, twist it to the right and it should close it off.
    If that does not work you can pull that red handle downwards to close it off and it will stop the water flowing too it.

Whoever is servicing the boiler will probably replace it, If
    The lads who installed the boiler put that lever valve below the automatic air vent i would get them back for the service!Good practise having a valve below that air vent for servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

rightjob! wrote: »
    Thats an Automatic air vent.
    The black cap on the top of it, twist it to the right and it should close it off.
    If that does not work you can pull that red handle downwards to close it off and it will stop the water flowing too it.

Whoever is servicing the boiler will probably replace it, If
    The lads who installed the boiler put that lever valve below the automatic air vent i would get them back for the service!Good practise having a valve below that air vent for servicing.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. If I turn the black cap to the right, would that damage anything if I turn the heating/water on? I'll contact the ones who installed it last year to do a service on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. If I turn the black cap to the right, would that damage anything if I turn the heating/water on? I'll contact the ones who installed it last year to do a service on it.

No the black cap is just like the top of a bicycle tyre,you can just pull down the red handle so it is facing a horizontal position.

It will cause no harm

Advertisement