Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 214 - DC vs Jones

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Maia Decision
    You're over confident Wonder, I keep having visions of the right hayemaker landing from Woodley, dont like how Tired Maia looked last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

He's had a 20 year 7 month camp for this.

Take him down, take his back and strangle him. He'll be grand.

LOL best post from you ever wonder! Seriously. I so hope he does it.

Cant we have one presser where we dont mention GSP! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Maia Decision
    That was so funny, even DC was breaking his bollix laughing.

Luke Thomas just asked a really thoughtful question to Jon Jones about how he'd reflect on his 20's after he just turned 30...

Jones goes "I don't really like you Luke so I'm not gonna answer your question".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Woodley Sub
    That was so funny, even DC was breaking his bollix laughing.

Luke Thomas just asked a really thoughtful question to Jon Jones about how he'd reflect on his 20's after he just turned 30...

Jones goes "I don't really like you Luke so I'm not gonna answer your question".

Wonder what the deal is there, thought Luke Thomas was a huge Jones fanboy

• Advertisement

Maia Decision
    DFsHiRAVwAAJIJi.jpg

What did Thomas do to Jones? wonder if hes like me and hates the fact he thinks hes an expert in everything from BJJ to Power lifting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

why doesn't Jones like Thomas?

or did he just not want to answer the question.

Maia Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    You're over confident Wonder, I keep having visions of the right hayemaker landing from Woodley, dont like how Tired Maia looked last time.

It could land but here's the thing - one of the main ways Woodley lands his right hand is that people are worried about the level-change. Most of Woodley's opponents are petrified of him taking them down, so they have to watch out for that and the overhand right.

Maia will be delighted if Woodley double-legs him and gets him to the mat, he'd be confident off his back against Woodley.

So, all he has to watch for is the overhand and that makes things easier. I'm not saying Woodley will be a picnic to sweep but you'd have to imagine Demian fancies his chances.

Maia Decision
    xtal191 wrote: »
    Wonder what the deal is there, thought Luke Thomas was a huge Jones fanboy

He was a massive Jones fan, he even cancelled his podcast for a week when Jones was arrested for the pregnant hit n run... but he turned on him after the UFC 200 debacle:

"'I am sick of talking about what Jon Jones should or shouldn't do ... let's stop being his parents ... I just don't care (about him) anymore"'.

"Is anybody surprised? This guy's propensity to self-sabotage is off-the-charts".

Stuff like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Woodley Sub
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    why doesn't Jones like Thomas?

or did he just not want to answer the question.

He said "I dont really like you so I wont answer your question".

The goof no doubt loved that, since Luke is part of Helwanis Team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Main Event Draw
    With all the MayMac stuff, this card really snuck up on me.It looks a very good night of fights!

Will DC retain? I'd love to see it but I doubt it. Hope he has a proper gameplan in place.

I'd love to see Maia win but Woodley is tough. If Maia doesn't get him down then his gameplan is limited.

All about the gameplans in those 2 fights!!

Very funny to see the put down of Luke Thomas by Jones. Thomas was really a lot worse before. He has dialed it down but some people have their mind made up about him already.Damage already done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Jones is such a fake kunt! hope Cormier bates some humility into him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Maia Decision
    Woodley loves to back up against the cage and then explode. Hopefully this will be his undoing against Maia

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maia Decision
    So Dana White and Joe Rogan publicly question Cyborg's gender, yet we're not allowed to on here?
    Why would Dana, Joe or anyone have to adhere to forum rules in realife? I find it odd you think they are related. You are free to question whatever you want in private.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Woodley Sub
    D.Q wrote: »
    Woodley loves to back up against the cage and then explode. Hopefully this will be his undoing against Maia

Or Maia's undoing. And he usually does this against accomplished strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Maia Decision
    Or Maia's undoing. And he usually does this against accomplished strikers.

But.. I want Maia to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Maia Decision
    Presser and face off was a borefest. Anyway, latest Embedded is up...........

Maia Decision
    OMG lol.

Jon Jones on UFC Tonight of all places:

Q. Dana says he hasn't spoken to you in a year, why did it take so long?

A. "Actually Dana has reached out quite a few times I just didn't answer his calls or text messages. Dana showed his true colours, when you're making him money you're his everything, when you're not making him money he kinda disappears. I'll deal with Ari instead. I'm not gonna pretend to be friends."

Kenny Florian couldn't change the subject quick enough :pac:

Maia Decision
    Shaved head honest Jones is the best, no bs just straight shooting wish he was like this all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Maia Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    Why would Dana, Joe or anyone have to adhere to forum rules in realife? I find it odd you think they are related. You are free to question whatever you want in private.

Give it a rest mod wannabe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

DC KO/TKO
    Give it a rest mod wannabe

Mellor was a mod here a few years back :D

mailburner wrote: »

Mellor retired as the GOAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

DFsHiRAVwAAJIJi.jpg

What did Thomas do to Jones? wonder if hes like me and hates the fact he thinks hes an expert in everything from BJJ to Power lifting.

His defending of PED use is also quite bizzare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

DC Sub
    I normally reserve an all nighter for megreggor cards bit this one looks good. Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maia Decision
    I don't know why but I always get surprised when Maia & Woodley face off, I always expect the opposite in size difference. Lets go Maia!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Woodley KO/TKO
    D.Q wrote: »
    Pussy Bonpensiero sleeps with the fishes.

He is in the program man, turned on the family.

Will be Sunday afternoon before I see these fights am raging will be ill communicado from the outside world, flight mode on phone from Sat night. Raging as this is a live fight card if there was ever one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Woodley Sub
    Shaved head honest Jones is the best, no bs just straight shooting wish he was like this all the time.

Honest? He actually isn't capable of it. DC said it well when Jon said '**** DC' on tv, 'oh he can curse in public now'. It's contrived as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Maia Decision
    mailburner wrote: »

Rumours rife that he was caught popping steroids doing an all night carding session

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Honest? He actually isn't capable of it. DC said it well when Jon said '**** DC' on tv, 'oh he can curse in public now'. It's contrived as hell.

Yeah, he pulls so many turns it's hard to tell what his actual personality is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I don't know why but I always get surprised when Maia & Woodley face off, I always expect the opposite in size difference. Lets go Maia!!!!!!!

Same here, Maia looks like a monster there beside Woodley :eek:
    Rumours rife that he was caught popping steroids doing an all night carding session

I heard he had to step down after being caught in a Liverpool treehouse, off his bin...

Advertisement