Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TUF 25: Redemption *Spoilers within*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Just watched ep2 last night. Is TJ lying about the whole history right to Faber's face? Its all a bit weird.

Anyway, those shenanigans dragged on a bit so I fast forwarded to the fight. Glad the goofy guy won, not enough hairy shouldered fighters on the roster. Gordon has always been very one dimensional. TJ playing his tactics right, Cody on the other hand doesn't come across as very bright at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Absolute borefest of a fight last night. Clearly that finish bonus that Ramsey negotiated didn't mean sh1t to Jesse Taylor. TUF brings out the absolute worst side of so many MMA fighters, they're too desperate to win that they're terrified of taking risks to impress the UFC.

Mehdi is absolutely awful though to be fair, looked to have given up after being taken down in the second round. Next week's fight looks much better on paper at least.

Also, Cody has gone so far down in my estimation since the start of the season. He comes across as a bit of an idiot at the best of times. Just look at the fighters he picked, there could be a whitewash on the cards at this rate, TJ has already taken out Cody's top 3 picks with his second, sixth and seventh selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Taylor has no chin left at all by the looks, he got marginally clipped and he was staggered. I expect to see him get starched against someone better. He is too happy to go to his go to wrestling and thats really all he has now so even if he does mechanic through TUF its going to be tough sledding for him in the ufc. But getting there will be so sweet id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Whatever way this season ends is inconsequential. The Cody who beat Dom Cruz will murder TJ Sneakashaw.

Cody vs Cruz is the single most impressive display of any UFC title Challenger of all time.

Up until then Curz was being talked about as one of the all time GOAT's.

In his title win Cody made the man who everyone said had the best movement ever look like a bum.

He could have also finished him several times if he wasn't trying to embarrass Cruz.

You could argue Tj Dillashaw's own title challenge against Barao was one of the most impressive displays of a title challenger also. Barao had won 32 fights in a row and was talked up as the pound for pound best fighter in the UFC at the time. TJ absolutely schooled him for 5 rounds before finishing him. His fight vs Cody on paper is the fight of the year imo and will be very close.

Hoki wrote: »
    You could argue Tj Dillashaw's own title challenge against Barao was one of the most impressive displays of a title challenger also. Barao had won 32 fights in a row and was talked up as the pound for pound best fighter in the UFC at the time. TJ absolutely schooled him for 5 rounds before finishing him. His fight vs Cody on paper is the fight of the year imo and will be very close.

I have nothing to back this up its just my opinion but I think that TJ will beat Cody handily enough. I think TJ beat Cruz in the first fight and I doubt if Cody can repeat his previous performance against Cruz (Cruz wasn't his normal self also). I am a fan of TJ and I really dont like Cody so maybe I am biased. Cant wait for the fight either way, War TJ.

If there is one thing I know so far its that TJ is a way better coach than Cody.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I have nothing to back this up its just my opinion but I think that TJ will beat Cody handily enough. I think TJ beat Cruz in the first fight and I doubt if Cody can repeat his previous performance against Cruz (Cruz wasn't his normal self also). I am a fan of TJ and I really dont like Cody so maybe I am biased. Cant wait for the fight either way, War TJ.

If there is one thing I know so far its that TJ is a way better coach than Cody.

Too much pressure on TJ imo. Think he will crumble and no love will get the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Watched episode 3 last night - is it strange the Cody never corners his fighters? Or is it just that he's confident that his coaches are better placed than him for cornering? Don't get me wrong, if his frustrated shouting from the sidelines are anything to go by he'd likely do more harm than good in the corner but it seems like a strange choice.

TJ seems the opposite - calm, level headed and good for relevant advice between rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

"Hanging with the boooooooooooooooyyyyyyyysssssssss"
    I absolutely loathe Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I couldn't stand TJ before watching this. Now in rooting for him. Cody comes across as braindead and doesn't know what to say to his fighters. TJ seems like a great coach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Ah lads the poems were gas, loving this season... JT hasn't a brain in his head but is so watchable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

KJ wrote: »
    "Hanging with the boooooooooooooooyyyyyyyysssssssss"
    I absolutely loathe Cody.

Ah felt bad for him with that. He said he wasn't a big drinker and the boooooyyyyyssss got him wrecked knowing well. I'd say he was puking all night.

Krause looked shyte in the fight, didn't look like a UFC fighter at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭cletus

Are people even watching this any more? Poor enough season, poor fight this episode. Didn't think it was an early stoppage though.

Not gonna even get into the Alpha male antics, it's fully stupid at this stage.

Looking forward to Joe Daddy next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Haven't watched much of this season but watched that last episode, pretty funny to see Cody giving it the Billy big bollox when it turns out he's actually been the one to pull out of the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not sure I can trust TJ but he's coming across a LOT better than Cody in all of this. The TAM v Duane yarn is really old at this stage so I just skip forward when it's about to kick off.

That fight wasn't great. Not sure how Lane didn't finish at least one of those guillotines - managed to kill his own arms in the process. The mouth guard bit was weird but his was just about to get choked out so he can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

Cody looks like an unhinged roid-raging monster with zero self control.

He always has actually... And TJ is right, it's embarrassing for him. I liked Cody before this but would love to see him get his ass handed to him.

Having a go at the ref. Shouting that the other fighter is tapping. Dick-move!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Magown3 wrote: »
    Cody looks like an unhinged roid-raging monster with zero self control.

He always has actually... And TJ is right, it's embarrassing for him. I liked Cody before this but would love to see him get his ass handed to him.

Having a go at the ref. Shouting that the other fighter is tapping. Dick-move!

i didnt get the shouting that nijem was tapping, at one stage lane even backed off a bit as if he tought it was a tap but it wasn`t, real head scratching stuff.

the team alpha male stuff is stoopid, they are like a bunch of kids.

See there is a special episode tonight but can't find out what's so special about it. Is Joe Daddy on tonight or Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think we're at the stage now where Cody is right up there alongside Rampage as all time worst TUF coach.

Man, he is absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Tom Gallichio is doing really well.

I thought he was finished for sure in the first quarter final when he got tagged but he did really well to turn it around.

Great win for him. Shame to see Joe go out like that in the other fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

John_D80 wrote: »
    Tom Gallichio is doing really well.

Yep. He doesn't really get the respect he perhaps deserves but he is legit on the ground. I think he has 15 or 16 wins via submission.

Tom is such a nice guy too. Really happy he has at least racked up a couple of wins this series and banked some much needed cash.

Hopefully he will get a slot on the Finale regardless of what happens and fulfill his dream of fighting on a UFC card.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep. He doesn't really get the respect he perhaps deserves but he is legit on the ground. I think he has 15 or 16 wins via submission.

Tom is such a nice guy too. Really happy he has at least racked up a couple of wins this series and banked some much needed cash.

Hopefully he will get a slot on the Finale regardless of what happens and fulfill his dream of fighting on a UFC card.

I like him a lot but I have to admit that I honestly thought he was just there to make up the numbers. I thought he would be too small to worry the likes of Gilbert and Jesse Taylor but what we have seen from him so far is very impressive.

I have a feeling he has done enough for a spot on the finale card but having seen what I've seen in his two fights he could well be in the final.

John_D80 wrote: »
    I like him a lot but I have to admit that I honestly thought he was just there to make up the numbers. I thought he would be too small to worry the likes of Gilbert and Jesse Taylor but what we have seen from him so far is very impressive.

I have a feeling he has done enough for a spot on the finale card but having seen what I've seen in his two fights he could well be in the final.

i like him he's a genuinely refreshing change of pace with his positivity.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    i like him he's a genuinely refreshing change of pace with his positivity.

And his job is candy! How can you not like him? :-)

Tom is class, very hittable but that guillotine escape to back take to rnc was beautiful.

I feel for Joe Daddy but at least it was quick, great scene between both teams in the dresser room afterwards.

Cody is some gowl, awful what he did right after the KO.

Like many here, I started this season routing for Cody and now I'm beaming TJ won that spin ball game, don't mind the actual fight. We're his team doing a snake chant when they were putting their hands up and hissing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Paully D wrote: »
    I think we're at the stage now where Cody is right up there alongside Rampage as all time worst TUF coach.

Man, he is absolutely pathetic.
    Special mention for ken shamrock also who for me comes out as the worst tuf coach ever

Have we forgotten anyone? Think we have the top three there

mailburner wrote:
    Special mention for ken shamrock also who for me comes out as the worst tuf coach ever

mailburner wrote:
    Have we forgotten anyone? Think we have the top three there

Lesnar

Lesnar

I had to look that one up, can't remember it at all...must be age :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Jason miller

mailburner wrote:
    I had to look that one up, can't remember it at all...must be age

Look guys I made chicken salad out of chicken ****, after one of his team won..

One of the many amazingly dumb lines he spouted.

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    Jason miller

forgot how bad he was but do remember he wouldn't have beaten the cat in that main event never mind bisbing
    Look guys I made chicken salad out of chicken ****, after one of his team won..

I remember it now :pac:

Advertisement