Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Tv Stick - €26.69 from DHGate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I don't know about the rest but I picked the EU warehouse but the damn thing is still coming from China. Don't know if it'll be redistributed from EU or not
    Did you get the letter?
    I think €26.10 is the minimum allowed which is €6. A bit crazy that they are going after it, but I guess it all adds up.
    I would also like to know of the people getting the letter, did any choose EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

If you're going to pay, remember that these lads don't have change so if the charge is €16.06 have the exact amount. No chance of you getting change from a €20 for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SSeanSS

Suckit wrote: »
    Did you get the letter?
    I think €26.10 is the minimum allowed which is €6. A bit crazy that they are going after it, but I guess it all adds up.
    I got the letter, i don't remember selecting EU so I probably didn't. If there was an option to select either one i would have selected EU but if it was something hidden then I wouldn't have

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I'm going to pay whatever is owed.

I'm not seeing any 'purchase invoice' linked to the order, what are people using as proof of purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Tefral

I'm not seeing any 'purchase invoice' linked to the order, what are people using as proof of purchase?

I just used the snipping tool on the screen and pdf'd that and sent it in.

Just got a message:
    Thanks xxxxxx,

Your parcel is being released without charge and should be with you shortly.

Kind regards,
    xxxxx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

Tefral wrote: »

Just got a message:

I did the exactly same thing earlier and jest got this message:
    Thank you for your email. Your parcel has now been assessed and will be released back to An Post today and can then be tracked using the An Post track and trace system. The charge applicable to your parcel is €16.06. A breakdown of your charge is labelled on your parcel. Please note payment is not accepted by credit, debit or laser card. If you are not in when An Post call, they will leave a note in your letterbox advising where to collect your parcel and pay the charges. Any queries or questions relating to the delivery of your package should be directed to An Post Customer Service at 1850 575859 (www.anPost.com) quoting your Track and Trace number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Lads the Mi Stick is currently on Honorbuy with 2 day shipping from their EU warehouse. They are listed at €14.61 (was €34.39). I only bought one last weekend for €46 with shipping.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1903-xiaomi-mi-tv-stick.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

plus $9 shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

The €46 from last week was for 1 with shipping, the shipping only adds on an extra €2 per device.

I just bought 4 of them for €76.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just got a message:

Did you doctor the amount? :D:D

Also, I'm annoyed I have one, why am I thinking of getting 4 like the poster above. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Just got a message:
    What value did it show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

Same as everyone else, letter from An post.

Whats the legality of them charging 10 euro?
    Seems like post from China is being targetted

Customs clearance fee is standard.
    It applies to all imports outside EU, so not China specific.

Most couriers will charge you a min of €15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Only 1gb ram and 8gb rom so would be very slow.amazon firestick still blows that out of the water imo

• Registered Users Posts: 15 iunited

HONORBUY in the voucher section will get you another fiver off!

iunited wrote: »
    HONORBUY in the voucher section will get you another fiver off!
    Might be worth a punt at $10, but it has definitely not gone unnoticed how many times these have dropped in price and are even being given away for free with some purchases of Xiaomi phones. They are obviously getting rid to launch the 4K version. But it could also be that these things won't play anything decent quality for any length of time.

Just got a message:

Lucky you.

Got my reply saying €16.06 is due and it's been released - :mad:

Grassey wrote: »
    Lucky you.

Same here. I sent them an invoice for 30.50 dollars which worked out at 25.79 euro. So the vat should have been less than 6 euro. But that have told me the vat is 6.05

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

advertsfox wrote: »
    Lads the Mi Stick is currently on Honorbuy with 2 day shipping from their EU warehouse. They are listed at €14.61 (was €34.39). I only bought one last weekend for €46 with shipping.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1903-xiaomi-mi-tv-stick.html

Got an email this morning saying they mispriced it and it should have been $34.99.

Needless to say I've asked them to cancel and refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ooter

Lucky you.

have they released it without you agreeing to pay the €16?

Yeah, I sent screenshot of payment.

Got an email this morning saying it's been sent for delivery, have the cash ready to pay postman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Suckit wrote: »
    Did you get the letter?

I just attached the email saying "Your order has been confirmed" which had the following breakdown.
    Item Subtotal: €32
    Shipping Cost: €0
    Store Coupon: €0
    DH Coupon: €6
    Discounts: €0
    Order Total: €26
    Raoul wrote: »
    Same here. I sent them an invoice for which worked out at 25.79 euro. So the vat should have been less than 6 euro. But that have told me the vat is 6.05

Just got this reply.

523181.jpeg

I wonder do An Post still want a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

sligojoek wrote: »
    I just attached the email saying "Your order has been confirmed" which had the following breakdown.

Just got this reply.

523181.jpeg

I wonder do An Post still want a tenner

Isn’t the an post handling fee of €10 plus customs due when value exceeds €22?

Damn Liam - he's the lad who emailed me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

lowbatt07 wrote: »

I'm not sure. Postman's just been and had nothing. Should have it tomorrow.

Damn Liam - he's the lad who emailed me this morning.

Same here. He is probably reading the thread too, the bast :mad: rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

You reckon it's possible to get your money back if it's returned to sender. Really not pushed to pay out extra to get it. Bought it just to check it out but really don't need it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

mossy464 wrote: »
    You reckon it's possible to get your money back if it's returned to sender. Really not pushed to pay out extra to get it. Bought it just to check it out but really don't need it

No you won't get money back if you reject it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ooter

Will the seller be charged by an post for postage charges if the sticks are sent back?

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    There is a negligible amount up to €26 or €6 vat.

I think it is up to their discretion whether or not they want to go after it if it is only slightly above the €26 or €6 vat.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/customs-traders-and-agents/documents/guide-to-importing-goods-through-the-post.pdf
    NOTE: Until 1st January 2021, no import VAT is due to be paid for goods with a customs value below €22 imported into Ireland. This exemption is abolished as of 1st January 2021. Thus, from 1st January 2021, all goods entering the EU will be subject to VAT irrespective of their value.
    If the VAT payable is €6 or less it will not be collected. No similar rule applies in the case of Customs Duty or Excise Duty.
    NOTE: This exemption is abolished as of 1st January 2021. Thus, from 1st January 2021, all goods entering the EU will be subject to VAT irrespective of the amount due and all VAT will be collected.

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    Will the seller be charged by an post for postage charges if the sticks are sent back?
    They will likely be destroyed, and not sent back.

Advertisement