Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭ando

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Use your PTSB visa and get another €5 off from today in Dunnes.

Any links for this? Is it limited to PTSB?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

ando wrote: »
    Any links for this? Is it limited to PTSB?

most visa card rewards schemes have it on this time of year, just google ptsb rewards

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Spent tenner in drapery today. Voucher for the 5 off 25 was Valid from 1 to 16 aug, so I guess it’s only an offer running for the 2 weeks.

Spent 76 in grocery, used 15 in vouchers.......... only got 2 * 5off 25 vouchers back

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Seve OB wrote: »
    Spent tenner in drapery today. Voucher for the 5 off 25 was Valid from 1 to 16 aug, so I guess it’s only an offer running for the 2 weeks.

Spent 76 in grocery, used 15 in vouchers.......... only got 2 * 5off 25 vouchers back
    That's correct. The points at which vouchers are triggered are when you spend over €25, €50, €100, 150 and €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Seve OB wrote: »

I think if you check you probably had a couple of plastic bags or something that won't trigger the voucher. You might have spent €74 and got two plastic bags for €1.40. Just guessing. Or baby food, lotto, cigarettes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

donnyvegas wrote: »
    I think if you check you probably had a couple of plastic bags or something that won't trigger the voucher. You might have spent €74 and got two plastic bags for €1.40. Just guessing. Or baby food, lotto, cigarettes.

Na, it seems to be as quackster says, a 75 spend doesn’t trigger anymore Vouchers than a 50 spend does

• Registered Users Posts: 23,331 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Anyone get this email?
    Why did certain people get them and not others?
    How did Dunnes get your email (Valuclub application or other?)
    Customers who received a €5 off €20/€10 off €40 digital voucher in their personalised ‘Enjoy Your Exclusive Grocery Offer Now’ email from DUNNES STORES can redeem this voucher...
    Vouchers displayed on a mobile device should be of sufficient quality to be scanned in store.
    https://www.dunnesstores.com/content/valueclub-term-promotions/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

zell12 wrote: »
    Anyone get this email?
    Why did certain people get them and not others?
    How did Dunnes get your email (Valuclub application or other?)

Didn’t get the email, but did get an extra 5 of 25 spend when doing the weekly shop. Was thinking they were maybe trying to get people to spend a bit more stocking up for Christmas with at the tubs and tins out

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

matchthis wrote: »
    tubs and tins out
    Thats for halloween season, I wonder how it will go this year.

200916180127-01-man-creates-candy-chute-for-covid-halloween-super-tease.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

rubadub wrote: »
    Thats for halloween season, I wonder how it will go this year.

]

Dunnes had selection boxes in store last week, so doubt they are for holloween. (though I think that's to get around the rule of reducing stock that hasn't been on sale previously)

But I get your point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

matchthis wrote: »
    Didn’t get the email, but did get an extra 5 of 25 spend when doing the weekly shop. Was thinking they were maybe trying to get people to spend a bit more stocking up for Christmas with at the tubs and tins out

Mine was 5 off a 20 spend.

Mine was 5 off a 20 spend.
    Yeah, you get that with your regular spend & save voucher(s) if you spend €50+ on groceries on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

During covid they extended the validity if the 10offwhenyouspend50 coupons to 3 weeks. Now they brought it back to 10 days only and didnt realise. So have 3 expired coupons :-(
    Any tips where could I get any coupon?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

in2dark wrote: »
    During covid they extended the validity if the 10offwhenyouspend50 coupons to 3 weeks. Now they brought it back to 10 days only and didnt realise. So have 3 expired coupons :-(

Ditto- mine all timed out too...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

i successfully used a voucher last week that was 1 day expired. Might be of use to try your expired vouchers.
    Have another that is 4 days expired. Going to attempt using it today.

Edit: attempted older voucher today but it didnt work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone know why the self service checkouts don't let you use the vouchers without a member of staff approving it?

Anyone know why the self service checkouts don't let you use the vouchers without a member of staff approving it?
    They could be photocopied, which would a most terrible thing to do.

M

zell12 wrote: »
    They could be photocopied, which would a most terrible thing to do.

I suppose, but they seem to have no issue with other customers in the normal checkout q giving their unused to the next person in the q Pre Covid they would even gave vouchers left their for next persons use. They really need to bring it all to smartphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I noticed this too. Was going to do big shop tomorrow but now noticed the dates have changed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭sceach16

Was there booze ?, (danger of underage buying) .

• Advertisement
    M

sceach16 wrote: »
    Was there booze ?, (danger of underage buying) .

No nothing at all with age restrictions, has happened every time I have used them in multiple branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I noticed this too. Was going to do big shop tomorrow but now noticed the dates have changed :(

Yeah, was planning a big shopping too. Time to stop going to dunnes i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Feels like Dunnes have inflated their prices and not passed on the vat reduction. Feeling very, very expensive to go to dunnes now.

Will Dunnes have an online grocery front so we can see how expensive they are?
    Dunnes Stores Set To Roll-Out Grocery Delivery Service Next Month
    It is believed that the retailer is planning to put up to 70 dedicated home delivery trucks on the road as early as next month. It has plans to offer the service nationwide but will initially focus on Dublin and surrounding counties from a depot near the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

xpletiv wrote: »
    Feels like Dunnes have inflated their prices and not passed on the vat reduction. Feeling very, very expensive to go to dunnes now.

They have passed on the vat with their clothing

Much of what you find in the grocery isles, including all the food essentials, is zero-VAT rated so there was no reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

xpletiv wrote:

They have passed on the vat reduction on washing powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭sceach16

Gooser14 wrote: »
    They have passed on the vat reduction on washing powder.

Passed on beer and spirits and wine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got caught out too withe the vouchers. Not sure if I can sustain a weekly 50 there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I always found Dunnes to be a decent bit more expensive & that the €10er off a €50 spend make you break even relative to a spend at Tesco.

They don’t do a whole pile of deals either and the ones they do aren’t of the same level as the others

Advertisement