Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Invincible wrote: »
    Report your findings :-)

My Review, drank in this order (for clarity no other alcohol was consumed prior to the test)
    Lime...Pish, tastes like sparking water with a weak table spoon of lime. I was expecting this flavour to be best.
    Raspberry...Like a very watered down Mr Freeze of the same flavour, better than the Lime.
    Black Cherry...Nicest of them, doesn't seem as much gas in it as the others.

Overall gassy stuff, you couldn't drink it the same pace as beer. If you were on it all night I'd say you would need to be pumped out, perhaps it's more of a 2 or 3 drinks a session type of drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Cheers for the review:

I tried that Mil spritz Rosa once and it was nice enough - Tesco have it on sale now at 4 for €9.
    I only had one but thought it was nice and the flavour wasnt too overbearing or anything.

Caveat to the above is that I 'd had half a bottle of wine & 2 whiskeys before but I still remember the drink as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

4 Beamish €7 Dunnes as well as the usual 2 Macardles for €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

More Seltzer on special..

Smirnoff Rhurbarb & Raspberry / Orange & Grapefruit Hard Seltzer - 6 for €10 in SuperValu

Missus has tried most of these seltzers and reckons White Claw is the worst of them.

The Orange & Grapefruit Smirnoff is actually one of the tastiest.. other ones she recommends aren't as commercially available include SKA (Hibiscus Lime / Blood Orange) and also Wild Basin. SKA and Wild Basin are in Stephen St Mews / Craft Central.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,812 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Anyone know when the dunnes 10 off 6 bottles of wine is finished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,742 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hogzy wrote: »
    Are they 250ml or 330ml cans?

I didn't realise there was different size cans of it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,372 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Buffman wrote: »
    Tesco:
    Carlsberg and Bud, 24 cans for €25
    Heineken and Bulmers, 24 cans for €28.

the bulmers are only 440ml. Stella is €25 too.

If the bulmers were 500ml size that case works out at €31.82

the bulmers light is 500ml though, 24 for 28

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

rubadub wrote: »
    the bulmers are only 440ml. Stella is €25 too.

If the bulmers were 500ml size that case works out at €31.82

the bulmers light is 500ml though, 24 for 28

Was in Clarehall earlier and picked up a 500ml crate (didn't help that them & the 440ml were all mixed together) and when I tried to scan it it first said it wasn't recognised, then the staff member said they knew what the issue was, scanned it and it scanned at €52. Swapped for a 440ml crate and went through @ €28. No Bulmers Light either that I could see

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Seve OB wrote: »
    Anyone know when the dunnes 10 off 6 bottles of wine is finished?
    Doesn't seem to be a date on it, says it has replaced the last offer....
    https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/fresh-food/grocery/in-store-offers

bennyx_o wrote: »
    scanned it and it scanned at €52. Swapped for a 440ml crate and went through @ €28. No Bulmers Light either that I could see
    right, what usually happens is the crate can have a barcode and is not inputted, so they will scan 1 can and multiply it to 24 so its the single price which is usually very high.

If you scanned a single 440ml it is probably not recognised either, only the barcode on the tray of 440ml is inputted.

When getting the stella they have to scan a can, I now just leave the trays in my trolley and take a single can out on the belt and tell them how many I have. Stops them having to haul all the cans through the till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

rubadub wrote: »
    right, what usually happens is the crate can have a barcode and is not inputted, so they will scan 1 can and multiply it to 24 so its the single price which is usually very high.

If you scanned a single 440ml it is probably not recognised either, only the barcode on the tray of 440ml is inputted.

When getting the stella they have to scan a can, I now just leave the trays in my trolley and take a single can out on the belt and tell them how many I have. Stops them having to haul all the cans through the till.
    Yeah, this is what happened - none of the barcodes on the 500ml crate were recognised and only the one on the top of the 440ml crate was recognised

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Invincible wrote: »
    That's better than Dunnes, 3 for €6.
    Got Spaten to try out!

I got some more in Dunnes on Saturday, but I was charged 3 for 5, not 6 as advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Might anyone know if the 10 off 6 bottles of wine happens to still be on today in Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Might anyone know if the 10 off 6 bottles of wine happens to still be on today in Dunnes?

Don't know about Dunnes but today is the last day for the 10 off 6 in Supervalu.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Basq wrote: »
    Smirnoff Rhurbarb & Raspberry / Orange & Grapefruit Hard Seltzer - 6 for €10 in SuperValu

Grab them while you can- they were swapping price tags in Supervalu Lucan earlier- for these to €3 each or 4 for €10 - but they're still scanning at 6 for €10 at the checkouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Anyone know if Guinness is still €30 a slab in Dunnes ? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,812 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dunnes offer seem to be finished on wine anyway, just had a quick look when i was up there earlier, and the signs seemed to be down
    also, a lot of the spirits had gone back up in price JD etc

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Pubs are staying shut for another bit so they don't need to try as hard to sell booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The Chinese lager Tsingtao is nice. Some Lidl have it now in both small bottle and small cans. €6.99 for 6 bottles is good value, or else €1.49 per can.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

The Chinese lager Tsingtao is nice. Some Lidl have it now in both small bottle and small cans. €6.99 for 6 bottles is good value, or else €1.49 per can.

Yeah its good alright. Never saw it in cans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

deisedav wrote: »
    Yeah its good alright. Never saw it in cans

Lidl fortunestown (the one that got looted during the big snowstorm!!) have it now. They also got kingfisher in small bottles, and as difficult as it is to get this in Dublin, it’s about €2 per bottle so too expensive.
    They have Changi too but don’t find that as nice. And they had a Vietnam beer called Dragon I think which I haven’t tried. They also have Sapporo. So great selection of Asian beer at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Dunnes are still doing 20 x 330ml Hop House for 20 euro

or 8 cans for 12 euro.

not the greatest deal ever but does the job.

tesco

Heineken Cans 24X500ml
    €30.00(€2.50/l)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Dunnes are still doing 20 x 330ml Hop House or 8 cans for 12 euro.

not the greatest deal ever but does the job.

20 hop house for €12 is a superb deal?
    This is surely a typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

20 hop house for €12 is a superb deal?
    This is surely a typo?

apologies! 20 euro for the box of 20 bottles.... 12 euro for 8 cans.

Sorry if I got your hopes up!!

(earlier post fixed)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Tesco

Chateau Souverain Cabernet 750Ml €8

This wine is deep plum in colour and offers intense aromas of toasted vanilla, mocha and subtle baking spices. Elegant layers of blackberry and ripe cherry are complemented by balanced acidity and smooth tannins, leading into a juicy, lasting finish

This normally sells for €18

I got 6x €10 off €50 tesco vouchers in the post today, so keep an eye out. I would struggle to spend €50 on food.

The heinekens now have an end date to the offer on them, if they stay true to that date I have 5 weeks of vouchers sorted.

Heineken Cans 24X500ml

Special OfferSAVE 9.99 Was 39.99 Now 30.00
    valid from 5/8/2020 until 1/9/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Tesco

Chateau Souverain Cabernet 750Ml €8

This wine is deep plum in colour and offers intense aromas of toasted vanilla, mocha and subtle baking spices. Elegant layers of blackberry and ripe cherry are complemented by balanced acidity and smooth tannins, leading into a juicy, lasting finish

This normally sells for €18

Nice one, bought a couple and enjoying a glass, really fruity as you describe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dunnes

4 x 500 ml cans Tennents Lager €4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Centra - 12 packs of 500ml cans of Guinness, Heineken and others- @ 14
    Not the best value ever- but really quite reasonable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement