Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Insurance

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

amber2 wrote: »
    Would appreciate any active promo codes, just received my AA renewal up from €370 last year to €670.

You can use NEWSTALK for its 4 women. A friend told me she heard it would give €60 off, but it was €20 off the online quote I had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭amber2

jlm29 wrote: »
    You can use NEWSTALK for its 4 women. A friend told me she heard it would give €60 off, but it was €20 off the online quote I had

€350 cheaper than the AA, thanks for the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Liberty online quote for the OH came in more than double the quotes from AnPost and current broker :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

DopeTech wrote: »
    Just got a quote of €303 from its4women for comprehensive car insurance using your iradio code. Thanks

Do you have to be a woman to get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Do you have to be a woman to get this?

No. Got a very good quite off them myself recently. The insurance disc has an AIG logo on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Hoboo

If you're a GUI member, AIG are excellent, go through the AIG Golf Partner site. Mine this year, new quotation/new customer was 380 fully comp, 2.2 litre cx-5. That's the lowest quote they offer give a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I went with AIG this year but I found that the online quote system they have is ridiculous. Refreshing the page gives you a completely different figure every time.

I appreciate that they may be using real-time data that causes it to change, but I wouldn't expect it to vary by €200 or more from minute to minute. It felt like playing roulette.

Moral of the story: if you get a quote from them that's higher than you'd like, try again 10 seconds later :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Hoboo

maudgonner wrote: »
    I went with AIG this year but I found that the online quote system they have is ridiculous. Refreshing the page gives you a completely different figure every time.

I appreciate that they may be using real-time data that causes it to change, but I wouldn't expect it to vary by €200 or more from minute to minute. It felt like playing roulette.

Moral of the story: if you get a quote from them that's higher than you'd like, try again 10 seconds later :pac:

Had exactly the same problem. Went from 380 to 570 to 430 to 560. Even adding excess the quote went up.

Gave them a call, told them what happened, was no problem whatsoever. They emailed the original quote. Their customer service is pretty good to be fair.

Online system though......broken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hoboo wrote: »
    Online system though......broken.

I doubt very much that it's broken. Pretty intentional i would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭4fvw6lcprxeoyq

amber2 wrote: »
    Would appreciate any active promo codes, just received my AA renewal up from €370 last year to €670.

They almost always up the price for renewals, just chancing their arm that you'll automatically renew, but usually if you go for a fresh quote it'll be lower.

Also try different job titles that are within spec. On some sites there's a MASSIVE difference between a landscape gardener and a flower arranger for example. Sometimes a landscaper won't even get a quote, while a flower arranger or florist will be €280.

Could also be the age of your car, in that case maybe shop around.

And also try manually inputting your car reg, this bypasses any automatic checks on the reg, which they sometimes don't do at the final step. Especially if it's an import.

And obviously try adding a few named drivers. Or not.

Every year I end up with a huge notepad list on my computer of all the sites/prices I've checked, which I refer back to the next year.

There was also a really weird glitch on its4women a few years ago where you could keep refreshing the final quote page and get a different quote every time! I spent hours on it and finally got a decent quote, but I'm not sure if it happens anymore..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

itsforwomen.ie with the NEWSTALK code seems to be the best on the market for me also. Thanks OP.
    Seems to be the same for most here?

itsforwomen.ie with the NEWSTALK code seems to be the best on the market for me also. Thanks OP.

Also worth checking An post, Both roughly same quote maybe €2 difference, but the excess with I4W being €300 and €150 with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Yup zurich 565 for me and 318 with itsforwomen .ie using NEWSTALK cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

There was also a really weird glitch on its4women a few years ago where you could keep refreshing the final quote page and get a different quote every time! I spent hours on it and finally got a decent quote, but I'm not sure if it happens anymore..

Happens with AIG which was good to me but after that went 100€ up;) I4W is like 200€ cheaper then renewal from anpost(excess is 300 vs 125 and no key care but added Personal Accidental Cover) so i'm happy with that and will take it in few days when i will reach 30 days prior my current insurance.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The AA are pulling my leg. I've done fewer kms than foreseen (what with the whole working from home and all), I've one extra year no claims bonus, yet they have the gall to quote me €200 more than last year.

Anyone else seen an increase?

BTW, the code AIG20 still seems to be valid, in case anyone else is also shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

If you go as a new customer with AA it's likely to 300-400 less than the quote you got

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Thread to follow for sure & thanks op. Not due til August but checking there it's 200 cheaper with that code

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you go as a new customer with AA it's likely to 300-400 less than the quote you got

I'll try that, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

Best I've got last month 1.2 petrol 04 fully comp' for €360, Hastings brokers through AXA.

If anyone is interested, FBD have a discount code on car insurance, too - it's SAVE50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

My insurance up as of tomorrow and I found FBD the best price after ringing around 15 of them. Allianz (who was with last year) and them were best by a long way.

In saying that having a lot of issues sending them docs to move my insurance over but hoping they get that sorted!

Got price down by over 80 quid on what renewal was offering, just key to haggle and FBD especially seem to be able to bring premium down a lot.. 2 years running they have been v competitive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I renewed my insurance this month. Aviva were cheapest for me. I went from a renewal quote of 560 (with Allianz) to 397 with Aviva.

I've just renewed with Aviva - the cheapest (by less than a fiver) would have been its4women.ie/getsetgo (McLarty insurance), but I had dealt with them before and they were only ok. The next cheapest (by only a few cents) would have been AIG, but the max they said they'd pay in case of serious injury was €10k, while Aviva would pay €26k.
    So, the worst quote I got was from €1126 odd with Supervalu/Axa (I think there was a €1274 odd, too, over the phone, but I didn't even take down the name of the company), with the cheapest being €503 odd with the McLarty crowd. In the end, fully comprehensive with reduced excess, roadside assistance with home start, step back bonus protection, additional personal bonus protection, driving other cars, etc, worked out at €507.40. Not bad at all. Still over €250 less than what the AA quoted me to renew with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I found aviva through an post the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

This year AIG(with AIG10 code, AIG20 not valid) is a bit cheaper then renewal from i4w (can't obtain policy for new customer for some reason;) by 5€ - rest mad prices.

Still have a month left. Passat 2.0 tdi 2015. 39 years old, 7 years no claim, same for named driver,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

My wife's insurance is, up soon. I got into i4w on chat and got 40e knocked off without other quotes. Need to do some digging now and also try their other site.

Edit

Post edited by amber2 on

Advertisement