Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lifetime VPN €14

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Invincible wrote: »
    Hey Mrcheez,
    I only downloaded the app to phone, but couldn't see any instructions for adding to firestick.
    Where did you see instructions for downloader?
    Will try after work, thanks!

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/how-to-use-with-amazon-fire-tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Another subscriber here - thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not the case, I installed it using downloader on to the non 4k firestick.

ah, is that a firestick with the Alexa remote, or the very first gen firestick?

They mention on the site that it doesn't work on 1st gen, but maybe the firestick with Alexa is considered 2nd gen.

I have a first gen firestick on my bedroom TV, but will be upgrading it for a 4K as the first gen has slowed considerably (I suspect on purpose due to Amazon updates)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Does this work on Samsung TVs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Signed up to this, thanks OP.

Quick question re. VPNs - if you connect your phone to one, can you stream to your chromecast? Or do you need to use your router's settings instead to put the whole network through VPN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

dulpit wrote: »
    Signed up to this, thanks OP.

Quick question re. VPNs - if you connect your phone to one, can you stream to your chromecast? Or do you need to use your router's settings instead to put the whole network through VPN?

Chromecast would technically be on a different network without updating router settings

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

thanks OP, signed up and received.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

davo2001 wrote: »
    Honestly, how do people trust VPNs? Sure, if you don't mind some random person / company literally being able to access all your data then fine.

VPN in this sense is just a glorified proxy. The VPN provider can see all your traffic, and do with it what they want - including logging.

Anyone with half a bit of common sense wouldn't use it, but sure if it enables you to watch what you want on the iPlayer.......

When not using a VPN your carrier sees all that same info and sells it to third parties. Some top dollar VPN services promise never to do that and also claim to have no logging in place. Its also handy for getting around traffic shaping, lets you access region locked content & lets you get around pricing differences for online services etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭ThePott

So using this with a laptop for Netflix works fine or no?
    Seeing some mixed responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

TBH using any VPN I had on trial via Nvidia shield I encountered buffering etc,I player was a nightmare,so gave up ,with VF maybe that has something to do with it, so I'd be surprised to get I player etc working properly on any device,Asin seamless / no buffering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have a problem with iPlayer. When I try to play a program I get a 02001 "Something went wrong loading this program"

Anyone else getting this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Invincible

So far, used the link from Aquos76 to install VPN on firestick (non 4k version with Alexa), selected Streaming BBC iPlayer, a window popped up, service maintenance (Code 505). Contacted support, few emails either way, not resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

What's on Netflix USA that's not on Ireland/uk Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Using Windows 10. iPlayer not working. Tried UK VPN and BBC iPlayer under Streaming list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

So I got US netflix working on my phone but not working on my tablet. The android version on the tablet is pretty old with no more updates available, its version 4.4 I wonder if thats the issue. If it work on my firestick I will be happy enough, its the 3rd gen. Might get a new tablet soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

checked back, can’t see answer to this...
    It will allow watch bbc iplayer on an iPad?

Just did a super quick test on android phone, iplayer played immediately connected to UK South...

Just did a super quick test on android phone, iplayer played immediately connected to UK South...

And tested Netflix, works too (season 5 of peaky blinders was test)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Invincible

Working on Android phone here too, just code 505 issue with firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I bought this today. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong but so far I’ve installed on my iPad (working well) and Amazon Firestick (have to retry based on what worked for me after messing around with it on the iPad). However I’m having a bit of trouble with it on the MacBook Pro.

The MacBook Pro installed app doesn’t look like the instructions provided on email, and kept asking me to download a file and install every time I selected a country. Anyone else use it on a MacBook successfully?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Just bought the deal.

On my android phone I have US Netflix, BBC Player and ITV hub all working without issue.

I changed my play store over to the UK using the VPN and my revolut card. Then I downloaded the relevant apps, created the accounts and they all played away.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭ThePott

Anyone know if there is a way to use the vpn to get other Netflixes running through the PS4.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mrcheez wrote: »
    ah, is that a firestick with the Alexa remote, or the very first gen firestick?

They mention on the site that it doesn't work on 1st gen, but maybe the firestick with Alexa is considered 2nd gen.

I have a first gen firestick on my bedroom TV, but will be upgrading it for a 4K as the first gen has slowed considerably (I suspect on purpose due to Amazon updates)

Yeah Alexa remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi Guys,
    Did anybody side load the VPN onto the first generational Firestick that has no Alexa to see if it works ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

whiz wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Did anybody side load the VPN onto the first generational Firestick that has no Alexa to see if it works ?

The first generation Amazon Fire TV is not supported by KeepSolid.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

Worked for me with BBC player no problem on android box. Didnt try it on firestick yet but so far so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I signed up for a lifetime subscription back around 2010.

In all fairness it did last right up until the company died a death about 5 months later.

Also be aware companies that sell these "lifetime" deal will sometimes "shut down" before reinventing themselves and starting all over again generating new revenue in similar ventures.

*** Anyway...Just a thought its only €14 after all and OP thanks for taking the time to share for everyone's benefit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I bought it as above said, only 14e. I had the 40GB free account from Windscribe that was posted here ages ago and i was using it handy enough but found it to be draining on the battery and also fairly limited in the number of servers it offered ( i was having to use Hola VPN , always bad)

14e for this and i loaded up BBC Iplayer and Netflix US on my phone so handy if i need it (i probably wont) but i have it running all the time on my phone and have noticed very little battery drain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Also be aware companies that sell these "lifetime" deal will sometimes "shut down" before reinventing themselves and starting all over again generating new revenue in similar ventures.

I purchased an unlimited GetFlix subscription back in 2016. It still usually works, sometimes slows down but they are fast enough to fix it up.

So no hard rule here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Been using these lads for the last few years, and generally they work well most of the time.

I use a Shield, and am with vm so get 350 down at a minimum but even at that, for whatever reason ITV hub and BBC's iPlayer will buffer from time to time, and when it buffers it would break your heart, sometimes requiring me to force close the app and reopen it.

USA Netflix is never an issue though (with buffering)

Anyone any ideas on either a cause or solution?

Advertisement