Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Good Value" Santa in Galway?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Ourselves and some friends would like to bring our kiddies to see Santa on Sunday - somewhere in Galway. There will be 4 adults and 4 kids. We've had a look online at a few pet farms and a castle - and the prices seem fairly extortionate! One place was charging €27 per child!!!
    Any suggestions of a nice Santa who charges around €10 per child - or does this exist??
    All comments and ideas welcome!! Thank you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Theres a santas grotto open in the eyre sq christmes market open friday-sunday. Pretty sure it's around 10 quid per child or 12 if you want a pic aswel or something like that. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Hi OP.
    I don't know where you are travelling from but ailwee cave is great, it is pricey but worth it. It is only forty minutes from Galway.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ailwee%20caves&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CD8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aillweecave.ie%2F&ei=1p3eTsvPMYHKhAfphMX5BA&usg=AFQjCNESFuUb4ProfbeJTnQmEHFWafghVw

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Ailwee Caves a bit of a drive and fairly pricey (€33 per child!!!! :eek:) so I had a look at the Xmas market in Eyre Sq and indeed it's just €8! (+ €6 for photo). Bargain in my eyes - think we'll be heading there.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I know people that brought their kids to eyre square and were happy with it, kids were definately happy! Good value at 8euro

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well, in the end we went to the FREE santa in the Eyre Sq Centre and it was great. Unbelievably, there was hardly any queue and Santa was lovely and he gave my little man a sticker book and a load of stickers so he was delighted with himself. There is a collection for Cystic Fibrosis so we made a donation. Highly recommended !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement