Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Actually got a bit emotional there at the kick off. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Posy wrote: »

You're not the only one. I'm putting it down to the flu jab I got :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »

Not ashamed to say that hit me in the feelers!

Here comes Santa Clause.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

And now the website has crashed....why God, why would you do this to me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    And what a surprise for first tune.

Ah I like it. It’s like a Christmas FM tradition.

And sure what are we without our Christmas traditions :)

CheerLouth wrote: »

App going ok, if you can switch over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Got it on my normal radio - had to bring it from the kitchen to the office! All is ok now....it's the most wonderful time of the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

CheerLouth wrote: »

Official Christmas website crashed. Live stream available on LiveRadio platform.

https://www.liveradio.ie/stations/christmas-fm

P.S. Merry Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tunein is a great app to listen it on.

Fairytale of New York is on now. It’s really Christmas now folks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Missed it ... :-(

what was the first song?

big syke wrote: »
    Missed it ... :-(

what was the first song?

'Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I missed it!!! Had the app on but my phone lost signal just as they were doing the countdown :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

kitten_k wrote: »
    I missed it!!! Had the app on but my phone lost signal just as they were doing the countdown :(

That happened me last year. This year I managed to hear half the first song before the app crapped out. Turns out it stops playing when you come across a video on Twitter. Oh well, next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah I like it. It’s like a Christmas FM tradition.

And sure what are we without our Christmas traditions :)

Oh absolutely... think its great they launch with the same tune every year!

Feeling real now folks!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Just about to get out of car when FTONY came on, sitting in car now singing as loud as I can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Oh absolutely... think its great they launch with the same tune every year!

Feeling real now folks!!!

Full sure it was fairytale of New York last year as first song

Full sure it was fairytale of New York last year as first song

Was definitely 'Its beginning to look a lot like christmas' has been for the last 4 or 5 years.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Is the rte tradition gone where elder presenter would come in to play the 1st Christmas song and then other stations would start playing after???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Christmas FM is doing the Christmas song contest again this year - is anyone entering, or know anyone who is entering?
    The Hard Rock Cafe Christmas FM Song contest is now open.

Are you a singer or songwriter who would love to hear your song on air – while also raising money for charity at the same time

The Hard Rock Cafe Christmas FM Song Contest is a fantastic opportunity for aspiring singer/songwriters to be heard by Christmas FM’s national and international audience.

Simply write and record your very own Christmas song or cover version and fill out the online entry form below. The winning entry will be played live on air and will be named the Official Hard Rock Cafe Christmas FM Song Contest Winner.

The full competition rules are available here but here are a few important points to be aware of:
    • Song Contest is open for entries until 13.00 on December 1st 2019.
    • Competition is open to entry (or other participation in) by individuals who reside in the Island of Ireland (32 counties).
    • You must have written part or all of an original Christmas song or perform a cover version of a Christmas song.
    • All entries must be uploaded to Soundcloud, and be publicly accessible.
    • The entry must be of a high production quality and suitable for airplay.
    • Entries for the Song Contest are only accepted via this form. No other correspondence will be entered into via any other means.
    • All sections must be completed in full.
    • Songs should be radio edits (suitable for general airplay).
    • Entrant declares themselves as the rightful owner of the composition if an original piece of work. Where an entry is partially written or composed by the entrant then the entrant must have full permissions from all parties involved.
    • Voting and competition Terms and conditions apply. Where vote manipulation occurs or is suspected, the entrant will be disqualified.
    • Entry closes on December 1st at 1pm.

• Advertisement

Was definitely 'Its beginning to look a lot like christmas' has been for the last 4 or 5 years.

Full sure I'm right and your wrong ðŸ˜, suppose we will never know

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas was the first song last year, and it was also the first song in 2017 and 2016.
    In 2015, it was Andy William's The Most Wonderful time of the Year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Was Fairytale on 2FM maybe

But definitely "Its beginning to look..." was first up on Christmas FM the last few years

jr86 wrote: »
    Was Fairytale on 2FM maybe

But definitely "Its beginning to look..." was first up on Christmas FM the last few years

Yes. I think fairytale of New York has been the Christmas launch song of choice for 2fm for the past few years now.

What Posy said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

tuned into the car radio for the last month, ready for switch on tomorrow :-)

BrookieD wrote: »
    tuned into the car radio for the last month, ready for switch on tomorrow :-)

ChristmasFM has been live since Thursday.

What Posy said.

Hmm wonder was it the second song then lol, hands up sorry folks must be getting old :-)

I think it was the second song actually, yes.
    I didn't think it's been the same song so often either until I checked back! :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyone heard ‘Baby it’s cold outside’?

Advertisement