Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2016 A Christmas Forum Year In Review

• 02-01-2017 11:30pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So another busy year is done and dusted here in the Christmas forum.

This has been our second busiest year ever for the Christmas forum trailing by only 396 posts from 2015 which was the busiest year for us.

Once again thank you so much to each and everyone who contributed to the forum. Ye are the magic behind this forum. I understand while not everyone will want to talk about Christmas all year long (most of us will haha) I encourage ye to make use of our general chat selection box thread and keep the chat going during our quiet periods, I'd only miss ye all too much if ye didn't. :(

So let's keep the party going all the way into 2017, and try to make 2017 our biggest year yet.

So what were your highlights from 2016 either in or out of the forum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Thanks for all the hard work Loughc, without it we freaks would probably burst. I think 2015 was buffered by an elf going to the late late toy show, which may have increased the post count.

I will continue to post on here but I am seriously going to try and keep the decorations down, christmas music off etc until December. It lost a bit of its shine this year for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    I will continue to post on here but I am seriously going to try and keep the decorations down, christmas music off etc until December. It lost a bit of its shine this year for me.

Funny I was only thinking the opposite last night. It felt like I didn't get enough Christmas in last year. I might even put the decorations up a week earlier this year. The thoughts of taking them down Friday is killing me already haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

The place will look fierce bear after it alright. Now when is my next holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Despite absolutely loving Christmas I'm a firm believer in keeping it short & special, we took all our decorations & reminders of Christmas down & packed them all away yesterday before heading back to work today. I genuinely feel if you drag it out beyond the break it loses its lustre & I love it that much I want it to be as special as possible for me & the family every year. Gonna do my best to get stuck into the new year be positive & try & avoid the post Christmas blues I tend to get most years after a cracking Christmas break.

Come December 1st though, it'll be back in here, looking out for adverts on TV, songs on the radio etc. & come 2 weeks or so before the big day will get the decorations down & enjoy it to the full again... at least that's the plan for now :-)

See ye in 11 months!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There have been a lot of 'it's only November' and 'it's too early to put the tree up' kind of posts this time around and I think the mods did a great job of nipping them in the bud while moving the conversation along. Well done guys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

latest?cb=20150608135132

Advertisement