Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball in North County Dublin?

• 02-09-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

All basketballers in the North County Dublin area looking to play in the Dublin Men Basketball League this season.

Portmarnock Ranger Basketball Club Division 4 men team is looking for some players. The club trains in Portmarnock on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It's a good competitive standard of play. It would suit someone looking to move from another club or someone looking to get back into competitive basketball after a few years out.

Please PM me for full details.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 binkerland1000

hello there any chance there is a ladies basketball team at this club? just triped across your post there, all sounds just right apart from having the dagly bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

Hi binkerland1000,

Sorry to say we don't have a ladies team but I had a quick look and you will find all the ladies teams listed on this site

Dublin ladies Basketball Board
    http://www.dlbb.net/clubinfo.asp

Club Listing http://www.dlbb.net/clubinfo.asp

Swords do have a good ladies team but not sure what division they play in.
    Ring a few clubs and ask if they are looking for new players. Clubs are consistently looking for new players.

Best of look in finding a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 binkerland1000

cheers for that much appreciated
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jimmy.Joe

themoney wrote: »
    All basketballers in the North County Dublin area looking to play in the Dublin Men Basketball League this season.

Portmarnock Ranger Basketball Club Division 4 men team is looking for some players. The club trains in Portmarnock on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It's a good competitive standard of play. It would suit someone looking to move from another club or someone looking to get back into competitive basketball after a few years out.

Cheers

What date the basketball season run from and till? I'd be interested in coming back to it, however it might clash with my rugby season.

Looking at last years fixture list the season officially goes from September to April. Our first game this year was 01/10/2009 and our last game 25/03/2010.

There is a scrimmage on a Thursday nights if you’re interested in coming down send me a PM, it’s €5 a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

whos coaching the rangers these days?? i played with them a few years back!

The main coach this year was Michael Westbrooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I went along to this scrimmage tonight. It's a pretty good standard (compared to me), a good bit higher than the Wednesday game, and huge amount tougher than Sundays. Lots of players well over 6ft, no bad players, everyone has good fundamentals.
    There was about 17 players there, 3 teams of 5 with 2 extra subs. Played first to 5pts, winning team stays on.

I don't think I did too bad, just fitness holding me back a bit, and I was a bit tired from the weds game. I'll try to make it back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

lafortezza wrote: »
    I went along to this scrimmage tonight. It's a pretty good standard (compared to me), a good bit higher than the Wednesday game, and huge amount tougher than Sundays. Lots of players well over 6ft, no bad players, everyone has good fundamentals.
    There was about 17 players there, 3 teams of 5 with 2 extra subs. Played first to 5pts, winning team stays on.

I don't think I did too bad, just fitness holding me back a bit, and I was a bit tired from the weds game. I'll try to make it back next week.

Sounds pretty good

have been thinking about attending, but I don’t think my fitness level would be up to it.
    Plus transport would be an issues

good luck with next week

keep us posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 irishsparks

havent played in about 8 years.... would I be way way out of my league if I want to get back in?!? Been looking around the past month to see whats the best way.... Just gone 27, so hopefully not past it yet.....:D

• Advertisement

I haven’t been up to this scrimmage in a month or more so I’m not sure what the standard is like. I believe there has been a load of new players down in the last two weeks. If you’re worried about the standard of play it would be worth heading down to the gym to have a look then you can judge the standard for yourself if you’re feeling confident bring your gear. PM me if you want the details

lafortezza glad you made it down. I’ll be there tonight hopefully you’re planning on heading

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

lafortezza glad you made it down. I’ll be there tonight hopefully you’re planning on heading
    I'm going to have to miss it this week, and possibly the next few weeks with work, but I'll try to get there during the summer if I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NS Nets

Hi All,

Just to add to this, if anyone is still looking for a team to play for in North Dublin, anyone who wants to train/play with the Northside Nets is welcome! We train at a hall on the Malahide Rd near Clontarf, usually Mondays and Wednesdays and will be starting back up soon in January. Just drop us a line at nsnets@gmail.com if you're interested.

Cheers

Joe

Also a new website for the team if anyone is looking for a team or just someplace to train in north Dublin- www.northsidenets.com

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DunkingJulez

Cheers
    hi.

would be interested in playing from time to time. when and where exactly and how do i go about getting involved?

thx

Hey,

If you'd want to stop by one of our training sessions we'd be happy to have you. Our next training is on the 23rd Feb. Check out the website www.northsidenets.com or drop me an email for more details.

Cheers

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DunkingJulez

NS Nets wrote: »
    Hey,

If you'd want to stop by one of our training sessions we'd be happy to have you. Our next training is on the 23rd Feb. Check out the website www.northsidenets.com or drop me an email for more details.

Cheers

Joe

Great...Whats your email add. What time on the the 23rd precisely?

J.

Our email address is nsnets@gmail.com- if you check out our website it has all the training times and a google map with directions to the hall! www.northsidenets.com

Just email me if you have any questions.

See you next week

Joe

Advertisement