Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

cj maxx wrote: »
    Predictive text.
    I really don't call my left foot Mr left foot!

Can you not turn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Can you not turn it off?

Yeah ,but im A bid speeler :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

cj maxx wrote: »
    Yeah ,but im A bid speeler :(

HAHAHAHA!!!

Brill!! :D:D:D

(Not as bad as your phone. ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Celelia

The fact my name was meant to be Cecelia but somehow turned out to be Celelia :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Celelia wrote: »
    The fact my name was meant to be Cecelia but somehow turned out to be Celelia :pac:

It's probably CJMaxx's phone's fault, Celelia. :pac:

• Advertisement

And also... just managing the bins. It's pisses me off. I do my bit for recycling and all but sometimes I wish I just had a big skip every week to **** it all away...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

More than trivial:
    I was informed last week that I was being furloughed on full pay for 3 weeks in July. AMAZING!!! I was delighted, planned out a ton of projects to do, was gonna play some games, read some books, tidy the garden, loads of plans. My first month off in 10 years (I was taking an extra week's leave).

Yesterday we were informed that the British Government and that fcuktard Boris have changed the rules and now anyone who is to be furloughed has to be on it by at least the 10th June. My work was doing a rota system because they couldn't run the business without everyone at once. So now, those who've been furloughed already are getting it extended, and the rest of us are stuck in work. To say that I am filled with rage is an understatement. I genuinely want to go fling my poo at Boris' front door. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

People arguing on boards. Le yawn. I usually avoid threads that bring out the worst in people but the odd time I make the mistake of engaging but just couldn't be arsed with the back and forth because even when you've proven​ someone wrong with your initial reply it's an extreme rarity where someone will go ah fair enough yeah. 99% of the time it's like yer one out of little Britain yeah but no but yeah but. Could not be bothered. Life's too short for arguing with someone unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a pain in my bum from sitting, even the walks I take on my breaks or exercise sessions dont banish it.
    I know I need a long long walk but with this weather and so many ppl under foot, not likely to happen, but I have a pain in my bum from sitting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Tuneless whistling. Just stop it!

• Advertisement

The way people can be so judgemental like oh that person doesn't fit with how I think a person should be. Don't get me wrong we all judge each other in ways but me personally I'd​ very much come from a place where I'm aware none of us are perfect and also judging someone you don't really know fully or where they are coming from is more about you than them. A bit more empathy in the world in general wouldn't go astray.

People arguing on boards. Le yawn. I usually avoid threads that bring out the worst in people but the odd time I make the mistake of engaging but just couldn't be arsed with the back and forth because even when you've proven​ someone wrong with your initial reply it's an extreme rarity where someone will go ah fair enough yeah. 99% of the time it's like yer one out of little Britain yeah but no but yeah but. Could not be bothered. Life's too short for arguing with someone unreasonable.

No the 'am I bothered' one was from Catherine Tate whose sketch sums up your post nicely btw :pac:

I am super duper pissed off atm. :confused: I think I need to go to the bottle bank and smash some bottles but I haven't got any bottles. Can you recycle plates at the bottle bank?

Celelia wrote:
    No the 'am I bothered' one was from Catherine Tate whose sketch sums up your post nicely btw

No I was thinking of the Vicky Pollard character in little Britain.

No I was thinking of the Vicky Pollard character in little Britain.

I know who you were talking about. I'm saying you yourself reminded me of Catherine Tate with your rant and your 'could not be bothered'.

Celelia wrote:
    I know who you were talking about. I'm saying you yourself reminded me of Catherine Tate with your rant and your 'could not be bothered'.

Why did you say "no the am I bothered one was from Catherine Tate" then? That sounds like a mistaken correction to me. I think you read my post as it was the character I was talking about said could not be bothered. Don't really care but your reply there that you knew what I meant smells of sheeeit.. :pac:

Mammy, Daddy, please don't fight! :(:(:(
    (They both said it)

New Home wrote:
    Mammy, Daddy, please don't fight!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody has a problem/issue and they are looking for advice.
    They come looking for advice and they don’t give your all the information or answer any questions that may make them look bad. (I do understand some issues may be more sensitive than others).
    They then refuse to take on any advice or how they may slightly be in the wrong and they just tell you why they a right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When somebody has a problem/issue and they are looking for advice.
    They come looking for advice and they don’t give your all the information or answer any questions that may make them look bad. (I do understand some issues may be more sensitive than others).
    They then refuse to take on any advice or how they may slightly be in the wrong and they just tell you why they a right.

Sometimes theyre looking for sympahy and ego massaging. They want to hear how everything is someone elses fault. They wont fix whatever it is, that way :(

Why did you say "no the am I bothered one was from Catherine Tate" then? That sounds like a mistaken correction to me. I think you read my post as it was the character I was talking about said could not be bothered. Don't really care but your reply there that you knew what I meant smells of sheeeit.. :pac:

Wrong. Le yawn

• Advertisement

Celelia wrote:
    Wrong. Le yawn

Ahahaha have a nice day there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sometimes theyre looking for sympahy and ego massaging. They want to hear how everything is someone elses fault. They wont fix whatever it is, that way :(

Ya, if they don’t like what they hear they say they are being bullied or trolled!

Ahahaha have a nice day there :)

Sounds exactly like something Lauren Cooper would say :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    More than trivial:
    I was informed last week that I was being furloughed on full pay for 3 weeks in July. AMAZING!!! I was delighted, planned out a ton of projects to do, was gonna play some games, read some books, tidy the garden, loads of plans. My first month off in 10 years (I was taking an extra week's leave).

Yesterday we were informed that the British Government and that fcuktard Boris have changed the rules and now anyone who is to be furloughed has to be on it by at least the 10th June. My work was doing a rota system because they couldn't run the business without everyone at once. So now, those who've been furloughed already are getting it extended, and the rest of us are stuck in work. To say that I am filled with rage is an understatement. I genuinely want to go fling my poo at Boris' front door. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's totally unfair! WTF! :mad:

TA is Leo. Var....ad.... Kar... 's Speaking voice. Bloody robot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

The constant 503 errors.Is Boards working on a solution or sitting back hoping it will go away on it;s own?Either upgrade your hamsters or hire people capable of dealing with these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at people not ringing my doorbell, and instead opting to batter the f*ck out of my door.

Can you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Forgetting things in the feicing shopping. :rolleyes: I forgot Mandarins and Breadsticks. Can pick them up again anyway. It's not the end of the World but still annoying all the same.

And it took me ages to find this bloody Thread!:mad::mad: I went to like Page 5 or something then just chanced going back to Page 1 again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

And it took me ages to find this bloody Thread!:mad::mad: I went to like Page 5 or something then just chanced going back to Page 1 again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I was trying to figure out how to post in the old one for about ten minutes one day before I gave up. Only saw this now.

Not so much trivially annoying as incredibly so, but really hoping to sleep past 7am tomorrow. Builders next door are seriously early birds and they didn't take last weekend off. They do insanely loud drilling because they're going into bedrock, then move all the rocks with beeping and crashing.

I've had late international Zoom calls with work two days this week so my sleep was totally destroyed. Then tonight I got sh!tfaced on a WhatsApp call with my friends and look, it's nearly 4am. If I only get threr hours sleep they'll probably be looking at me out the window bollock naked shaking my fist at them for at least a portion of their morning.

• Advertisement

I printed off a email, but now the email has disappeared. Where the feck can it go? It was right there !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement