Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Siren Trouble" Concord Alarm

• 04-03-2018 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an old Phonewatch Concord alarm panel that's currently displaying a fault showing "Siren Trouble" & it won't clear.

During Storm Emma we lost power for 24hrs & to stop the alarm panel from beeping I disconnected the internal battery. When the power came back I reconnected the battery, but this "Siren Trouble" fault keeps displaying. The internal siren works fine as I can hear the voice commands & warning beeps etc.

I'm wondering if this could be something to do with some wired smoke alarms that also appear to be somehow connected to the alarm console? Or is there some other reason for this message?

Obviously I'd also like to try clear this message because the alarm keeps beeping at me every few hours looking for the passcode!

Thanks,
    Squa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭squa

**PROBLEM SOLVED**

Turns out there was a broken cable linking the Speaker terminals of both internal PCBs.

I had checked the cables coming from the internal speaker/siren going to the PCB, which were fine. But upon closer inspection, there are further cables relating to the speaker linking 2 of the internal PCBs & one of these was broken. After striping & reconnecting the alert message went away & all is good again.

Squa

Advertisement