Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** Match Thread*** Tue Jul 14th Colmcilles 7pm Ballalley

• 12-07-2015 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

This team don't really need an introduction. If we don't match them physically we don't win. Let's give a performance.

Al - In
    Calvin - Out
    Cathal - Out

Cillian - In
    Ciaran - Out
    Damo - In
    Dave - AWOL
    Derek - In
    Jack - Daniel Sturridged
    Keith - In
    Ken - In
    Kieran - In

Mark - Out
    SteMcd - Out

Adam - Out
    Paul - In
    Tiago - In
    Craig GK - In
    Joe In

Extras:
    Sweeney
    +1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tonight will be a tough game, no doubt about that, ballalley are a good team and they are well organised.

We saw with the cup game a few weeks back that we can put it up to anyone.

Lets be disciplined with and without the ball, lets not shy away from the physical aspect of this game.

a win and we are 2 points behind with a game in hand.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

3-1 loss, their first goal came as a result of 2 mi****s, but we got back in with a good passing goal.

It was pretty even up until their second, we chased for a 2nd but it let them in.

Decent performance, one more game against them, need to get 3 points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Excellent game, boards had a couple of chances to make it 2-1 including hitting the post. Neither side created much, their second looked like a cross/shot. Excellent first half performance, really excellent and very disciplined.

Awful referee for a game between two evenly matched sides in a physical game. I said it as soon as I saw him walk out on to the pitch before the game. I counted seven fights he picked between players and others all against him. There seems to be one constant in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Another team we completely matched but came out on the wrong side of the scoreline once again. Our second half performances have been lacking this season. We really need to keep pushing to the end as currently, we're being picked off. And we need to start shooting more instead of always trying to thread through these final balls all the time.

Still though, we played well overall. Hard luck lads. Nice goal Tiago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Raffa400

Alright lads, just signed up here.

We should definitely have got something out of last night. Agreed on the ref, he was awful for both sides. I thought they were clever though in that they would kick off with him in the second half whenever we has a sustained period on top so it broke up our rhythm.

I think it might be worth looking at starting with three in the middle just to take control of the game early and also save the legs for later when spaces open up. They ran us ragged in the centre the first 15 mins until we brought a third centre mid in. That was when we really got on top. Also, worth looking at getting smarter with subs. When Thiago came back on with fresh legs it made a difference.

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Raffa400 wrote: »
    Alright lads, just signed up here.

We should definitely have got something out of last night. Agreed on the ref, he was awful for both sides. I thought they were clever though in that they would kick off with him in the second half whenever we has a sustained period on top so it broke up our rhythm.

I think it might be worth looking at starting with three in the middle just to take control of the game early and also save the legs for later when spaces open up. They ran us ragged in the centre the first 15 mins until we brought a third centre mid in. That was when we really got on top. Also, worth looking at getting smarter with subs. When Thiago came back on with fresh legs it made a difference.

Joe

Alright Joe - you in for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Raffa400

Yep, that's the plan. Have a trip to NZ at some point for work, apart from that I'm in. I won't be as bad as I was last night either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Even enough game , sickener to loose to them though, i can see what Joe is saying about playing 3 in the middle at the start of games as they seemed to overrun us in midfield but if we did that Derek would be even more isolated up front on his own. Thought King was very good when he came on, got up and down very well and came in to the centre a few times to make tackles. Not sure about anyone else but im fairly sore today, got a few knocks and kicks including a few off the balls.

Advertisement