Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** Cup Match Thread*** Fri Jun 19th Benil 9pm Dave Beggs FC

• 09-06-2015 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Getting this in early as usually we struggle with numbers for the Friday games

Al -
    Calvin - In
    Cathal - Out
    Cillian - Out
    Craig
    Damo - in
    Dave
    Derek - in
    Ed -
    Jack -
    Keith - in
    Ken -
    Kieran - In
    Mark - Out
    Sam
    SteK
    SteMcd -
    Adam -
    Paul -
    Ayoub - In
    Tiago - Out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

In!

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hey guys, just to give you a heads up as I've played these this season. They're probably the best astro team I've played against in the last 5 years with 1 or 2 ex league of Ireland players . Make sure you have good numbers on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gomeztiago

Tiago - out

I'll be traveling this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I may be able to get some players if we look like we are going to be short.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Al -
    Calvin - In
    Damo - in
    Dave
    Derek - in
    Keith - in
    Ken - in
    Kieran - In
    SteMcd - in
    Paul - in
    Ayoub - In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm afraid this is probably the one Friday all year that I'm not around.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Calvin - In
    Damo - in
    Derek - in
    Keith - in
    Ken - In
    Kieran - In
    SteMcd - In
    Paul - In
    Ayoub - In
    Heggo - In
    Katlin - In
    Ciaran - In
    Rob- In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

immense performance and outdone by an deflection with less than 2 mins to go.

Can be very proud of that, lets that that into the league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Yeah, we showed we don't need to feel intimidated by any team and that includes the top two in our league.
    Big thanks to the guys who came into the team to help us out tonight.
    Rob - solid as always
    Ed - great performance in goal.
    And Keith - super game out of position and nice goal!

Let's play like that on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Unlucky lads deserved more yis did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Sickner to lose so late on but we gave it everything, it's a long time since I've seen a boards team be that organised and battle so well, everybody did well and got stuck in which is exactly what was needed against them. They had a few chances but the defending was fantastic, again the most solid I've seen us since we won the league.

They will either win the cup or be beaten by the team that wins it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Have to say that was an excellent performance. I'm not sure if they had played on that pitch before but it was very disciplined not to pour forward and not to be attracted out wide and leave space in the middle. Boards have done that there in the cup before and been heavily beaten by worse sides because of the space left behind.

The full backs didn't go forward much and were there to help close the space in the middle and get blocks in. It's a pitch that you need to make narrow and if they can score a wonder goal from the margins out wide, good luck to them.

It was a disappointing first goal to concede with an unchallenged header, but other than that, top marks.

Advertisement