Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Bus Tamp" fault on Aritech CS250

• 11-01-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I'd really appreciate any advice on the following please:

I had been getting a low battery warning (+ orange flashing light on panel) on my 8 year old CS250 for a number of months.

I didn't get around to replacing it, and during power cuts this Christmas the alarm stayed on permanently after one of the power cuts. The panel was blank so i couldn't enter my user code.

I took the fuse out of the main alarm box (where the battery is stored) just to stop it ringing permanently.

Today my replacement batter arrived from Euro Batteries (same as the old one). So, i did the following:

turned off power at fuse board
    fitted new battery
    turned on power

Alarm went off as expected, but this time I could enter the code to turn off the alarm. all good.

However, when I hold down F1 or F2 to turn on the alarm, I get the following error on the panel:

"Sys Tamp"
    "Bus Tamp"

Therefore I logged in as Engineer, went through the Inputs menu and reset the system tamp, to which I got a message on the panel saying "update success".

I then used the No button to reverse out of those menus. When I leave this menu the Alarm goes off. I then use my user code to turn off the alarm and I get a message on the panel saying "Bus Tamp Local".

I tried waiting a few minutes after resetting the sys tamp before logging leaving the menu but it made no differenc (read that on some forum but i did make much sense to me anyway).

The orange flashing light is on the panel now.

I'd really like to avoid getting Mac Alarms out (they have been excellent in my dealings with them, I just don't want the spend in January if I can avoid it)

Thanks, Colm.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try reinstalling the keypad. This is a known issue but it does require replacing a chip . Sometimes it clears itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 focus2

Hi, I have an ariteck 250 alarm and I was getting the 'enter object ID' so I followed the advise on a previous thread on boards to cut off the electricity , disconnect the battery and then reconnect. When the alarm went off I put in the code and then reconnected the electricity. However, what has now come displayed on pad is; 'sys tamp, local tamp' and it won't let me set the alarm. Can anybody advise me what to do here.....PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

focus2 wrote: »
    Hi, I have an ariteck 250 alarm and I was getting the 'enter object ID' so I followed the advise on a previous thread on boards to cut off the electricity , disconnect the battery and then reconnect. When the alarm went off I put in the code and then reconnected the electricity. However, what has now come displayed on pad is; 'sys tamp, local tamp' and it won't let me set the alarm. Can anybody advise me what to do here.....PLEASE

The lid on the control panel is not closed correctly is the local tamper.
    Have you moved any cables in the control panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

This might help.
    10 would be what I would look at first for loose connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

I know that this is an old thread, but just seeing this blank screen on my parent’s panel.
    Could I ask which chip needs to be replaced? I’d be fairly handy with an iron.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like the keypad itself.
    These systems are obsolete now also.

Advertisement