Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** Match Thread*** Tue Mar 12th Colmcilles 8pm BallAlley Angels

Options
  • 08-05-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Most of us know what to expect from BallAlley. We need 100% from everyone to get the win. Let us know availability ASAP.

Al - In
    Calvin - In
    Cathal - In
    Cillian - In
    Craig - In
    Damo - In
    Dave - In
    Derek - In
    Ed - In

Jack - Inj
    Keith - In
    Ken - In
    Kieran - Inj
    Mark - In
    Reece
    Sam - Out
    SteK - Inj
    SteMcd -In
    Adam - In
    Paul - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

in

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I'm also in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

2-0 loss.
    Lads, I'll be honest, I was encouraged by that. The result was definitely not what we wanted and the performance certainly wasn't perfect but in terms of effort and desire shown, that was our best performance this season.
    We were in that game the whole way. Their first goal was a fluke. No offence to the Ballalley player but he stood on the ball and fooled himself along with our defence and the ball fell for him to slot home. Chasing the game after that was tough but we did well. Dave and Derek in particular were centimetres from pulling off a couple of moves that would have led to certain goals.
    So we competed well with a team that are likely among the best we'll play and we did it without our regular CM and our regular CH. So, I think it's fair to feel encouraged. Once we're at 100% we're going to do very well.
    We've to play that team twice more and I'd expect not to lose to them again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We had a very good 45 mins, with changes and the amount of running that was happening we were a little disorganised for the last few and we were punished with their 2nd.

3 new lads aswell along with Adam whos first game was last week.

Its a long season..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya, i think ye should take the positives out of that, i think overall we played really well and the only difference were they took 2 of the limited chances they got. they scored late on in both halves and both came after periods of dominance by us...we created 2 or 3 really good chances, the same as them.

lets not forget, they are a really good team - a grass team thats well organised and well used to playing with each other.

only negative was both goals were preventable by putting the boot behind the ball when under pressure but hopefully we will learn from them. under similar circumstances at the other end the ball would have ended out over the sideline or the shots would have been blocked as they always seemed to have numbers in front of their goal when we attacked them.

as i said though, lets focus on the positives and build.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Speechless result.

First goal was disappointing and their keeper didn't have many saves to make - there were a couple of chances to shoot just outside the area that weren't taken, but other than that,there was more excellent interceptions and breaking up of play that was very intense and obviously players would start to tire, but still..

Strange result.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think the main difference between the two sides was simply familiarity. They know each other inside out and were able to play just that bit more clinically because of it. I'd be very confident of beating them when we play them next once the new faces are fully integrated in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Thought murtagh had a good game was the only one out there winning any headers.

Ed pulled off a great save we woulda been down 1 nil in the first few minutes without it

Unfortunately I don't share the sentiment on the first goal he did get lucky when he fell over the ball but he did waltz by two players immediately before that.

Few bad results so far nothing insurmountable yet
    I thought that lad who started beside murtagh was good seemed solid enough would be a good addition if he sticks around

• Advertisement
Advertisement