Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I'm also having a breakfast whiskey to prep me for my dental visit. 3rd time this year I keep asking for local anasthetic they dont give so I have a whiskey tipple before dental visit to calm my nerves! then plans for big long coastal walk post visit and maybe fish and chips takeawy....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

Nice to have time to prep breakfast for a change. Warm chicken and aubergine salad. Fennel and cumin seeds, chili, lemon, olive oil and vinegar dressing.

ylkhAxk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Tuscan chicken recipe from a youtube chef called Kitchen Sanctuary.
    I like her because her videos are straight to the point. She doesnt give you a history lesson about the origins of pine nuts!
    I adapted this by adding black olives and chillies.
    It tastes amazing. Im really happy with it.
    Gonna serve it later with pasta and crusty bread and watch enviously while my friend chugs red wine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A good old fashioned meal from my childhood at lunch time. A spice burger, beans and chips.

IMG-20210513-095352.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Venison casserole with red and white onion, garlic, carrot, blackcurrant jam, beef stock and red wine with green beans, mash and a glass or two of Merlot.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A good old fashioned meal from my childhood at lunch time. A spice burger, beans and chips.
    Venison casserole with red and white onion, garlic, carrot, blackcurrant jam, beef stock and red wine with green beans, mash and a glass or two of Merlot.

Fair play to you both.
    Excellent fare :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

wow enjoy - snazzy for a Thursday..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Reads delicious Grower.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

just finished off a packet of Rolos

branie2 wrote: »
    just finished off a packet of Rolos

Don't you love anyone enough to give them the last one?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

Don't you love anyone enough to give them the last one?

My mother, I gave it to her

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Java brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

IMG-20210513-095352.jpg

I just finished fish, chips and beans. Made the chips in the oven. Tasty. Bit of the new chef chip shop curry sauce on the side.

Off to find eats. Later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Chicken sausages with hot sauce

A striploin steak, mushrooms/onions with a splash of pepper sauce and diced potatoes with basil and parsley. Having a beer now. Early night beckons.

IMG-20210514-135355.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

A striploin steak, mushrooms/onions with a splash of pepper sauce and diced potatoes with basil and parsley. Having a beer now. Early night beckons.

IMG-20210514-135355.jpg

I read that as early house beckons and was thinking jeez G is starting early if he plans on drinking till the early house opens! Are pubs even open! Then i reread it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Skin on fries, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, buns with spinach and buttermilk chicken, covered in lemon/herb peri peri

Tasty but tough to get through

Late hangover breakfast, looking forward to the first chinese takeaway in 5 months tonight.

looking forward to the first chinese takeaway in 5 months tonight.

Looking forward to hearing about it RG.

• Advertisement

Toasted ham and cheese with a ginger and lemon tea and honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

I just attempted to recreate 1985 - crispy pancakes and one of those frozen pizza bruschetta things that Findus used to do. Not recommended - it was like trying to eat Chernobyl. Will be reverting to the lamb curry I made last night with a silly amount of ground seeds and chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bought a ready to eat Tuna and Sweet corn salad and sourdough bread :)

Mug of hot chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Skin on fries, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, buns with spinach and buttermilk chicken, covered in lemon/herb peri peri

Tasty but tough to get through

what buns are they? they look fab...

Ordered a Chinese, have not eaten properly in ages.

That Chinese was unreal, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

None of us finished at round one but I had a second go just there, a bit of beef chop suey which was just reheated and made into a Brennan's bread sandwich.

Barbecue spare ribs
    Have Singapore chow mein left over

Fry's chocolate cream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sourdough bread with rhubarb and strawberry jam :)

Advertisement