Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St. Marnocks Bay - Dun Si

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

Dunston wrote: »
    The developer is undecided about whether to have all of the 3 bed stock eligible for HTB or only a portion of it. They really should be capping the 3 beds at 500k. Would be difficult to shift without HTB as can be seen with the remaining 4 beds in Dun Sí.

Thanks a million for this! We'd need it to be HTB eligible. Hopefully all pulls through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

merikahan wrote: »
    We are looking to buy in this estate. the build quality is really good but only concern is the planes flying overhead every couple of minutes.

Anybody looking at places in these flight path areas should be aware you'l get a false impression viewing these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck with getting rough prices for Skylark from the agent?

Not me. Anyone hazard a guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck with getting rough prices for Skylark from the agent?

Facebook ad today:
    SKYLARK | Brand new A-rated 3 & 4 bedroom homes in beautiful Portmarnock.
    The next phase of the acclaimed St. Marnock’s Bay development, Skylark comprises a mix of stunning A-rated 3 and 4 bedroom homes ideal for all types of purchasers.
    Prices from €485,000 - Help To Buy Approved Scheme.
    Launching soon. For more information and to register your interest, please visit

I guess the 3 bed will start at 485k, not sure about sizes and floor plan yet, but it will be under the htb cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

BEdS_83 wrote: »
    Facebook ad today:
    SKYLARK | Brand new A-rated 3 & 4 bedroom homes in beautiful Portmarnock.
    The next phase of the acclaimed St. Marnock’s Bay development, Skylark comprises a mix of stunning A-rated 3 and 4 bedroom homes ideal for all types of purchasers.
    Prices from €485,000 - Help To Buy Approved Scheme.
    Launching soon. For more information and to register your interest, please visit

I guess the 3 bed will start at 485k, not sure about sizes and floor plan yet, but it will be under the htb cap.

All the 3 bed stock will be HTB approved so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 eth

Today I saw some engineers from ICL laying fibre cables in underground ducts around the estate. AFAIK, they are the crowd rolling out the fibre cables for SIRO.

Just wondering if someone has heard any word on when SIRO will be available in the estate so we can avail of FTTH for decent and reliable internet access?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

On the hunt for a new build using HTB. Open to all Dublin locations but finding the hunt daunting. Each time I think I find a runner, I find something wrong...

Skylark is top of our list. Had a few chats with the EA about this but they're very light on detail. She had no floor or site plans. Asked about any plans for some to go to social housing and I didn't get a clear answer but believe apartments are due in one of the phases. In terms of pricing I was told today that they start at 485k for a mid terrace 3 bed and the next is 495k for end of terrace. Rest of houses go over 500k making it non applicable for HTB.

If it helps anyone else, the showhouse is due to be ready this month. Is it worth going for a drive to the estate at the weekend for a look around or is it all closed off? Any idea at all when these would actually be move in ready, are we talking next year at this stage?

Would anyone have any heads up or insider knowledge of any other devs coming up in the next 12-18 months that could be worth waiting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Whack1983

Pink11 wrote: »
    On the hunt for a new build using HTB. Open to all Dublin locations but finding the hunt daunting. Each time I think I find a runner, I find something wrong...

Skylark is top of our list. Had a few chats with the EA about this but they're very light on detail. She had no floor or site plans. Asked about any plans for some to go to social housing and I didn't get a clear answer but believe apartments are due in one of the phases. In terms of pricing I was told today that they start at 485k for a mid terrace 3 bed and the next is 495k for end of terrace. Rest of houses go over 500k making it non applicable for HTB.

If it helps anyone else, the showhouse is due to be ready this month. Is it worth going for a drive to the estate at the weekend for a look around or is it all closed off? Any idea at all when these would actually be move in ready, are we talking next year at this stage?

Would anyone have any heads up or insider knowledge of any other devs coming up in the next 12-18 months that could be worth waiting for?

You can see the new show houses from across the road but you wont be able to get into them.

Need to go around to the end of the road called “The Park”

They are still finishing off the last phase still so i would think it would be next year but dont know for sure

Whack1983 wrote: »
    You can see the new show houses from across the road but you wont be able to get into them.

Need to go around to the end of the road called “The Park”

They are still finishing off the last phase still so i would think it would be next year but dont know for sure
    Thanks a mil, really appreciate it.

I heard the 3 beds will be priced from 485k to 520k. Was surprised they aren't keeping all the 3 bed stock at 500k or below. No FTB will be looking at the 520k 3bed. They must think there is enough demand from non FTB's, but the 4 beds from Dun Si are still available at 550k.

On the show houses as seen from the end of The Park road, the units look quite small. The 3 units in total are similar in size to the 2 Dun Si units alongside, and the back garden wall looks very close. No plans to go on so hard to tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Dunston wrote: »
    I heard the 3 beds will be priced from 485k to 520k. Was surprised they aren't keeping all the 3 bed stock at 500k or below. No FTB will be looking at the 520k 3bed. They must think there is enough demand from non FTB's, but the 4 beds from Dun Si are still available at 550k.

On the show houses as seen from the end of The Park road, the units look quite small. The 3 units in total are similar in size to the 2 Dun Si units alongside, and the back garden wall looks very close. No plans to go on so hard to tell.

Which 4 beds in particular? The Elder ones at 575 I thought were the only ones?

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Which 4 beds in particular? The Elder ones at 575 I thought were the only ones?

Apologies you are right - I meant to say 575

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jalikhata

Does anyone worried about new flight path in this development? Can anyone share their knowledge on this? How bad will it be when new flight path will occur? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eth

jalikhata wrote: »
    Does anyone worried about new flight path in this development? Can anyone share their knowledge on this? How bad will it be when new flight path will occur? Any ideas?

I'm not able to post links in the forum, but if you google "North Runway Report Consultation on Flight Paths" you should be able to find the PDF with the plans for new flight paths in the first result.

From the paths projections available in the document, I feel this will help offload a bit the noise level in Dun Si. It seems that Malahide will have an increase in the noise level.

Also, keep in mind that with the new runway it will create new flights opportunities and increased capacity for take-offs and landings. Therefore, expect the noise levels to remain the same over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

eth wrote: »
    I'm not able to post links in the forum, but if you google "North Runway Report Consultation on Flight Paths" you should be able to find the PDF with the plans for new flight paths in the first result.

From the paths projections available in the document, I feel this will help offload a bit the noise level in Dun Si. It seems that Malahide will have an increase in the noise level.

Also, keep in mind that with the new runway it will create new flights opportunities and increased capacity for take-offs and landings. Therefore, expect the noise levels to remain the same over the years.

link -> https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/default-source/north-runway-downloads/public-consultation-report--flight-paths-and-change-to-permitted-operations.pdf?sfvrsn=b06d628_2

Is it utter madness paying 500k for a 3 bed terrace house in what could be a noisey area!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 taletodream

Just wondering what the experience of residents was pre covid in terms of the flight path? I took a spin out to the estate and found the planes pretty noisy. How often are the flights and did you get used it it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Just wondering what the experience of residents was pre covid in terms of the flight path? I took a spin out to the estate and found the planes pretty noisy. How often are the flights and did you get used it it?

you never get used to it
    after covid you will have a flight every minute
    i used to date a girl near Heathrow and you could hear the jets all the time
    i stayed in hotel in Paris besides the runway
    it had 2 Windows triple glazed so 6 sheets glass and you could not hear anything they must have sound proofed the.room as well
    if you stay in a dublin airport hotel you can hear a lot but they are badly built i could hear neibours tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emcirl

Just a word of warning to anyone waiting to complete sales etc on Dun Si.....we were advised and it was on our booking receipt that we were buying X the avenue dun si st marnocks bay portmarnock.......we went to close last week and the bank refused to let solicitor draw down the mortgage as theres no Dun Si on the official property deeds therefore the bank were querying the property........so mortgage had to be amended insurance incl valuation documents changed so its caused a right mess and the close has been put back a week. It shouldve been noticed by someone sooner whether the bank the solicitor or even ourselves. Estate agent couldve given us the heads up when they realised! Just wanted to save someone else the stress!

https://skylark.ie/floorplans/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Launch&utm_content=EmailWebClick#sidewidgetarea

Anyone had a look at the Skylark Floor/Site Plans? What's the point in the double door entrance of the Petrel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

I just noticed that there are two different sizes given for the shearwater. On the site plan page, the size is 149 square metres, and on the floor plan page, it's 140 square metres

zootroid wrote: »
    I just noticed that there are two different sizes given for the shearwater. On the site plan page, the size is 149 square metres, and on the floor plan page, it's 140 square metres

They did the same thing with the Petrel, site plan is 116sqm and floor plan says 114sqm. (Not as big a difference though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Insertname121

Interested in skylark but pretty concerned about the flight noise, traffic, and the houses seem to be a fair bit smaller than dun si. Petrel houses don’t have an island in the kitchen or double back doors. Intrigued on what others thoughts are?

If anyone that has moved into dun si is active on the thread could you give an idea how annoying the planes are now that working from home is a thing. Would be keen to spend time in the garden and always have windows open so wondering if it would be too annoying with the flights!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

Interested in skylark but pretty concerned about the flight noise, traffic, and the houses seem to be a fair bit smaller than dun si. Petrel houses don’t have an island in the kitchen or double back doors. Intrigued on what others thoughts are?

If anyone that has moved into dun si is active on the thread could you give an idea how annoying the planes are now that working from home is a thing. Would be keen to spend time in the garden and always have windows open so wondering if it would be too annoying with the flights!

We viewed in Dun Si in June. Walked away over the noise concerns. When you cant get permission for a creche due to noise levels that says enough. In the old world, the June bank holiday weekend would have had close to 3000 aircraft movements. That is a lot of noise. Granted it will now be 2 years or so before we are back a that level. Can't fault the house though. High standard. Very well finished.. lot's of space and light etc. But for 540K, we wanted to be able to sit out back and relax and even be able to take a phone call. It's be a good while before the development is finished. Still a a building site atm. Estate agents had said the marketing suite area would become a cafe and small shop?
    I would have traffic concerns for the whole area including Moyne rd developements. Huge build going on. And skinny old county Dublin back roads servicing it all. Houses are really nice. Don't want to sound too negative. We just felt at that price range we shouldn't be having any concerns. Best of luck,

Was in same boat as you, was so eager to buy and would have done so off plans but have since backed out. Too many drawbacks for us personally but wish anyone buying the absolute best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I've lived in Portmarnock for over 3 years in 2 estates under the flight path and you do get used to the planes and the noises. After a while you don't notice them and only notice when they're not flying or heading into the airport from a different direction. I can understand the noise isn't for all but the new runway I believe is going to change the direction the planes come in from.

Also there's 2 creches already under the flight path across the road so if that's the reason there's isn't a third, its a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

chinguetti wrote: »
    I've lived in Portmarnock for over 3 years in 2 estates under the flight path and you do get used to the planes and the noises. After a while you don't notice them and only notice when they're not flying or heading into the airport from a different direction. I can understand the noise isn't for all but the new runway I believe is going to change the direction the planes come in from.

Also there's 2 creches already under the flight path across the road so if that's the reason there's isn't a third, its a strange one.

More than likely less regulation when the first 2 crèches opened

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Insertname121

Thanks all for your thoughts on skylark. We’ve decided against it too. While the house & location ticks so many boxes, for us it’s too significant of an investment to not be able to enjoy the garden with the air traffic noise, the roads will be annoying and the fact that it will be a building site for years to come - too many cons. Appreciate all your responses!

Agreed. It is too much money to be living under a flight path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭House Hunt

Not sure what the developer is playing at here. Just today, half the HTB stock removed from availabilty ahead of next week's launch. Leaves around 7 units available under HTB and they are the less desirable units, east facing and overlooked front and back with smaller gardens on the end of terrace units.

Is the demand not as great as we are being told for the finches gate units to be pulled at the last minute ahead of launch?

Advertisement