Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St. Marnocks Bay - Dun Si

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Wayne2412

If anyone comes to visit for the first few months I’m going to have to pretend we did a big Marie Kondo style exercise and absolutely nothing ‘sparked joy’ so we’ve had to start again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mes123

Hey - Do know the sofa size dimensions of the sofa that was in the apartment showhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Whack1983

mes123 wrote: »
    Hey - Do know the sofa size dimensions of the sofa that was in the apartment showhouse?

There is an open house this weekend, not selling apartments but if you ask they might let you in to measure

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

As far as I remember the sofa was from bo concept, so you might get dimensions on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 2 as2

Hi

We've been given a completion date in October.. just wondering if this is still realistic? Has anyone with completion date in September been called for snag?

Thanks

• Advertisement

as2 wrote: »
    Hi

We've been given a completion date in October.. just wondering if this is still realistic? Has anyone with completion date in September been called for snag?

Thanks

We were given a completion date of September but not called for snag yet so looking like October at earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭chinguetti

as2 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Yes it looks likely for late October for ours. We were told that they have provisional dates for each property but these dates can change due to hold ups for work from the council and certain providers. They're not giving out the dates though or at least they didn't to us.

I put a deposit on one of the initial 10 apts scheduled for Sept/Oct release but I have since been given a completion date of December. I have my doubts about how realistic that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 as2

Ah okay, thanks!!

I saw the hoarding is down along a lot more of the avenue during the week & got hopeful, but maybe November is more realistic.

We have been called for our snag for our place on the avenue.
    Does anyone who has gone through this got any advice for things to look out for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Whack1983 wrote: »
    We have been called for our snag for our place on the avenue.
    Does anyone who has gone through this got any advice for things to look out for?

Without a doubt I would get a professional to do this, it was the best money we ever spent. We actually ended up needing a second snag. Happy to pass details if you PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KWay

Seems like it's coming along! We have been told November so I am hoping it'll go well and we're in before Christmas.
    I'd like contact for the snag too please - was there much?

Without a doubt I would get a professional to do this, it was the best money we ever spent. We actually ended up needing a second snag. Happy to pass details if you PM.

Thanks, I have sent a PM.

Was there anything big that came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Guegs1983

We have been called for our snag for our place Duplex apartment.

Does anyone recommend a company to go through this?

Called for snag as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Guegs1983

How many days did take from the first inspection to finalize all the Snaglist points?

https://www.portmarnocksouthphase1c.com/landscape-drawings

Plans for additional development in estate

Guegs1983 wrote: »
    How many days did take from the first inspection to finalize all the Snaglist points?

We did our snag on October 4th and been called for reinspection today

https://www.portmarnocksouthphase1c.com/landscape-drawings

Plans for additional development in estate

I saw this online yesterday - I’m hoping there’s a good coffee shop in the retail space! I was wondering if a creche may appear also as the ones in Portmarnock and nearby are at capacity. Will be interesting to see. Overall plans don’t look too bad - although the Avenue is going to be a busy road as it looks to be the only way in and out.

Hopefully snagging is all done!

Wayne2412 wrote: »
    I saw this online yesterday - I’m hoping there’s a good coffee shop in the retail space! I was wondering if a creche may appear also as the ones in Portmarnock and nearby are at capacity. Will be interesting to see. Overall plans don’t look too bad - although the Avenue is going to be a busy road as it looks to be the only way in and out.

Hopefully snagging is all done!

I did not see any mention of creche in plans, i asked about this when putting deposit down and was told as there was some in the area it was not required for planning

• Advertisement

I did not see any mention of creche in plans, i asked about this when putting deposit down and was told as there was some in the area it was not required for planning

Section on childcare below, apparently they cannot put creche in due to being in the flight path

9.9 Childcare / Community Facility
    Having regard to concerns regarding the Outer Public Safety Zone associated with Dublin Airport, we note that the Portmarnock South LAP stipulates that ‘no childcare facilities be provided within the lands’ as a result of this. Specifically, in Section 4.2 of the LAP it states, inter alia, that: -
    “As the lands are located within the Outer Public Safety Zone of Dublin Airport, schools and childcare facilities arenotpermitteduseswithintheRA(residential)zoningoftheLAPlands. Childcareandeducationfacilities are also not permitted within the open space zoned lands, therefore these community facilities are not proposed as part of this LAP. Such facilities exist and are proposed within the adjoining areas, which will also need to accommodate the future needs of residents of the plan area.”
    Furthermore, the 2003 ERM Report in to developments within the Outer Public Safety Zones states at Table 6.1 of the 2003 ERM Report, there is the possibility to provide a space of ‘limited use’ which has a restriction of no more than 220no. persons per half hectare. That would equate to a restriction of 4.5 people per 100 sq. m of floor area. In addition, the ERM Report clarifies that this must be a space where the use does not exceed (approximately) a maximum of 12 hours in any one week. There would not appear therefore to be an opportunity for a practical, usable community facility in this case in the form of a room within a building. It is however considered that the provision of a medical/health unit within the Local Centre provides a meaningful community facility for locals in the area.
    We note that the ERM Report highlights that there is scope within the criteria to accommodate Sunday markets, car boot sales and day fairs. The civic space associated with the small local services centre is capable of accommodating markets or fairs

Section on childcare below, apparently they cannot put creche in due to being in the flight path

That's quite interesting considering there's two creches under the flight path across from the dart station.

chinguetti wrote: »
    That's quite interesting considering there's two creches under the flight path across from the dart station.

Exactly what I was thinking - the Kilns and Seabrook have one! Although potentially requirements have tightened so this relates to new only?

Either way, doesn’t look like we’re getting a new one! Thanks for doing the research @whack1983.

Do those, with a completion date of October, have their keys?.... Just wondering how realistic my Dec completion date is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 raidyb123

My house is also due for completion by Dec. Looking at it last weekend it looks pretty close but would love to hear from others, fingers crossed as I sold my previous house last week and back living with the folks for a few weeks!

Anyone with December completions hear any updates yet?

The latest I've gotten is they are just waiting for ESB to connect up the house. The unit is finished and ready for inspection, they are working to complete the final external finishes so that all will be complete at the same time. Here's hoping!

For the apt /duplex I would have thought the Oct phase would be in my now but I was a little shocked to see how the place looked at the weekend.

For the apt /duplex I would have thought the Oct phase would be in my now but I was a little shocked to see how the place looked at the weekend.

Me too, I’m now 50/50 that I’ll get in before the end of the year myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lojong212

We did our snag on October 4th and been called for reinspection today

We are going on Thursday for reinspection and hopefully closing by Friday. Did you have any further snags after your reinspection

• Advertisement

lojong212 wrote: »
    We are going on Thursday for reinspection and hopefully closing by Friday. Did you have any further snags after your reinspection

There was no new snags but there was a few items that we agreed they could fix post close. Mostly it was glass that needed replacing and was on order

Advertisement