Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Hi how did everyone find aptitude test? I feel disappointed with the verbal reasoning, also did ye just log out after as it said the computer has stored your answers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Was it adobe flash? Download then restart your browser.

Yeah that's what I had to do was trying for ages but got it in the end .

Hi how did everyone find aptitude test? I feel disappointed with the verbal reasoning, also did ye just log out after as it said the computer has stored your answers?

I found the verbal reasoning hard aswell the maths was grand only missed one question . Yes that's it you don't get an email to say that you have completed it .

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Abbey127 wrote: »
    I found the verbal reasoning hard aswell the maths was grand only missed one question . Yes that's it you don't get an email to say that you have completed it .

Thanks, yes I was the same with the maths , I just went blank with verbal! Best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Best of luck to everyone who has completed the Aptitude tests!!!
    What timeframe are we looking at regarding Test results and Stage 2 dates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

JJss1988 wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone who has completed the Aptitude tests!!!
    What timeframe are we looking at regarding Test results and Stage 2 dates?

The 1st call for invites to chapter house is due to be in May so results must be due by end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Slic

I just completed the stage 1 verbal wasn't to baf some questions were kinda tricky,

Maths, I aced the practice, great I'd have no problem with this exam, started the maths and how wrong I was haha it was alot harder then I thought Just awaiting game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

Slic wrote: »
    I just completed the stage 1 verbal wasn't to baf some questions were kinda tricky,

Maths, I aced the practice, great I'd have no problem with this exam, started the maths and how wrong I was haha it was alot harder then I thought Just awaiting game now.

You probably done better than you think.once you pass all assessments your scores are totaled up.if you done really well in one it’ll make up for the short comings in another.keep the faith,it’s out of our hands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Best of luck to everyone who did the stage 1 aptitude tests.

Hopefully we won't be waiting too long to find out how we did and progress onto stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

Did anyone receive the results of the aptitude tests yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

no, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

No, I believe the results will be out within the next 2 weeks ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Hopefully we ll all hear some good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Hopefully we ll all hear some good news soon.

Anyone know when we should hear back about the results???

The results are out in public jobs. verbal reasoning I was off by 2 everything else I was over the score but still failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I got results passed and through to stage two can’t believe I passed the calculation test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Sorry to hear that Slic :(

I passed place number <snip>....is that good?:o

Got my results got through to stage 2 but am being called in this month and will be away on hoildays on the dates .hopefully I can change to June the verbal reasoning was very hard i must say i just passed that one rest were over .

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ddmam

I've also passed, in the 1st 110. Delighted!

Just out of the pool and I seen the message very happy. I passed going into stage 2!

Hope everyone is happy with their results and if you aren't try again next time dont give up!

Dont list your place number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I place 48 so happy with that

I place 48 so happy with that

Wow fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Very happy placed in the top 140

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flyflyfast

Just booked my next step. Does anyone know if we pass the next step whats next?
    Interview-medical-training?

Well done to all those who passed and hard luck to those who didint pass, i know the feeling, second time applying myself, what does stage 2 consist of?

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Well done to all those who passed and hard luck to those who didint pass, i know the feeling, second time applying myself, what does stage 2 consist of?

Tests in person not sure off the top of my head but check your results email it tells you.

Is their any form of interview for stage 2, when booking on public jobs its asking me for interview time

Is their any form of interview for stage 2, when booking on public jobs its asking me for interview time

It's just the aptitude testing again ( same as stage 1 ) the interview will be in stage 3 .. I think its just for the purpose of choosing a time slot online that's why its called an interview if that makes sense ..

Same here 2nd time applying myself I went down in the interview (stage 3) last year.

So stage 2 is the aptitude tests again but in a supervised environment

• Advertisement

What results did you get sorry for been nosey... was it in the 50s 60s etc?? Just trying to figure out I was 2 off in the verbal but did good in everything else,

Advertisement