Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DeccieDarcy

eldel1 wrote: »
    Did people get the test familiarisation material today for supervised tests?? Wondering as I haven't

Not yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

eldel1 wrote: »
    Did people get the test familiarisation material today for supervised tests?? Wondering as I haven't

Is it not the same two tests again?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

Is it not the same two tests again?

I'd imagine it's the same, or very similar.

The familiarisation material was supposed to sent out yesterday and I would find it helpful. The more we have to go by, the more it's going to be beneficial.

Just got familiarisation material there
    It doesn't say anything about being allowwed to use a calculator for numerical reasoning.
    Not good... For me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Just got familiarisation material there
    It doesn't say anything about being allowwed to use a calculator for numerical reasoning.
    Not good... For me anyway

If I'm correct I think they allowed us to use calculators in the unsupervised tests. It's impossible to work a % in your head. It'd be very harsh if they didn't allow us a calculator. Even accountants use calculators let alone prison officers. May ask the public jobs crowd

• Advertisement

If I'm correct I think they allowed us to use calculators in the unsupervised tests. It's impossible to work a % in your head. It'd be very harsh if they didn't allow us a calculator. Even accountants use calculators let alone prison officers. May ask the public jobs crowd

Just got reply from public jobs. Calculators will be supplied at venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Do you get to choose a location?

redmgar wrote: »
    Do you get to choose a location?

Well i didnt

Well i didnt

For the prison?

For the prison?

No stage 2. But you def dont get to choose location of prison. 99% in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

No stage 2. But you def dont get to choose location of prison. 99% in Dublin.

Why not port laoise? Or anywhere else outside of the capital?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

But you def dont get to choose location of prison. 99% in Dublin.

It's higher than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Why not port laoise? Or anywhere else outside of the capital?

Because you have approx 1000 serving officers already based in other prisons for anywhere between 7-15 years waiting for transfers to Portlaoise, Limerick, Cork etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

You'll be 100% in Dublin and will be for many years! and I don't think you get a preference for a Prison in Dublin!

Has anyone changed their minds on this Job now that the Gardai are recruiting such big numbers?

I've stage two on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

I've applied for the guards. Would much prefer that job than a prison officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Does anyone know the type of calculator they provide at the assessment center for the Stage 2? Basic or scientific?

Thanks.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Does anyone know the type of calculator they provide at the assessment center for the Stage 2? Basic or scientific?

Thanks.
    Its a basic one

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

How has anyone got on ? Up tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

CorkColin wrote: »

Best of luck :)

Think i made an arse of the numerical reasoning this time. Got stuck on one question and things snowballed.
    A few questions were different from stg 1. But the officers and personnell person there kinda gave the impression that everyone had a real good chance of gettin thru for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Best of luck :)

Cheers I'll need it :D
    Think i made an arse of the numerical reasoning this time. Got stuck on one question and things snowballed.
    A few questions were different from stg 1. But the officers and personnell person there kinda gave the impression that everyone had a real good chance of gettin thru for some reason.

Ah look it's done now anyway so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emeraldinter

Hi there,

Is there any update on the Prison Warden jobs and pay etc should one get in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emeraldinter

Why do you think that then ???.

would it be safe to take public transport to and from work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

would it be safe to take public transport to and from work?

Yes but not in uniform. The blues are for work only.

are all the prisons in Dublin serviced by public transport? we only have one car

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

It depends on where your coming from but most are accessible I would imagine! Train to Dublin, Bus and short walk!

Arbour Hill is close to the Dublin City and there are a number of ways to get there but you won't be posted there ( No RPO will ) as far as I know. Mountjoy/St Patrick's would be well served by Buses and Connolly Train Station is no more than 15 bus journey or 30 minute walk. Not that familiar with Cloverhill/Wheatfield complex but I assume you'd get close to it by bus taken from Dublin City Centre.

Main issue would be if your in/out earlier or later that the buses/trains operate or if their on strike!

I think taking public transport would be ok in the short term, wouldn't be doing it for long though!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

Just wondering roughly what number you are in around?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

Just found a piece on Kildare Street dot com/committees...

Found it very interesting. It's about these recruitment drives, the panels formed, how long you stay on a panel, new recruitment drives superseding the old panels etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 PaulD4

Anybody know when we will get results from assessment in Dublin?

Advertisement