Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-10-2020, 21:50   #421
L1011

CPOed properties would be cleared well before that stage.
Advertisement
12-10-2020, 22:15   #422
unit 1

I think they will be landlocked.
I also think the designers missed a trick here, they could have run that sliproad up to the roundabout at kilkenny cross instead, still great progress being made, its only a 2 year timeframe after all.
12-10-2020, 23:09   #423
Cosmo Kramer

Would the property owners be entitled to compensation in a case like that? Being surrounded on all sides by N roads isn't great in terms of noise levels and so on. That's a popular part of Castlebar in terms of property prices etc as well, there's likely to be a serious hit on the value of those houses as a result of this.
(2) thanks from:
13-10-2020, 09:06   #424
Pete_Cavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
Would the property owners be entitled to compensation in a case like that? Being surrounded on all sides by N roads isn't great in terms of noise levels and so on. That's a popular part of Castlebar in terms of property prices etc as well, there's likely to be a serious hit on the value of those houses as a result of this.
I assume they were offered to be bought out at a good price but the owners refused it. I doubt they will get any compensation beyond being paid for any of their land taken and possibly new boundary walls or the like.
(2) thanks from:
13-10-2020, 09:49   #425
Cosmo Kramer

I think if that happened at my house I'd happily be bought out and just move or build somewhere else nearby to be honest.
Advertisement
13-10-2020, 10:11   #426
UsBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit 1 View Post
I think they will be landlocked.
I also think the designers missed a trick here, they could have run that sliproad up to the roundabout at kilkenny cross instead, still great progress being made, its only a 2 year timeframe after all.
There must be a very strong reason for not tying the slip road up to the Kilkenny roundabout. You would be effectively be landlocking all the houses up as far as the roundabout. A secondary road outside their front garden and a new primary slip road along their back wall mightn't have got approval.
13-10-2020, 10:19   #427
PARlance

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsBus View Post
There must be a very strong reason for not tying the slip road up to the Kilkenny roundabout. You would be effectively be landlocking all the houses up as far as the roundabout. A secondary road outside their front garden and a new primary slip road along their back wall mightn't have got approval.
They would be going through an awful lot of houses/estate to run it through to the roundabout. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure why connecting it to the roundabout would be beneficial.
13-10-2020, 10:22   #428
PARlance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
I think if that happened at my house I'd happily be bought out and just move or build somewhere else nearby to be honest.
Would all depend on the price I suppose. If they were offered market value then they probably wouldn't get a similar site/house in the area.

I had assumed they would be compensated somewhat. There's an awful lot of stone breaking going on near those houses. It would feel like a long two years with all the disturbances.
13-10-2020, 10:53   #429
Pete_Cavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARlance View Post
Would all depend on the price I suppose. If they were offered market value then they probably wouldn't get a similar site/house in the area.

I had assumed they would be compensated somewhat. There's an awful lot of stone breaking going on near those houses. It would feel like a long two years with all the disturbances.
I don't think there is any compensation for noise disturbance, if there was half of Castlebar would have their hands out. Such works is ultimately beneficial for the area and its residents, its short term pain for long term gain.

I don't see how you compensate someone for the road passing close to their house, either it makes the house unlivable in which case you should be bought out and move elsewhere, or you can live with the road there and the money is going straight into your back pocket. If your house gets CPOed, in theory you get market price but in reality it gets inflated and is at the upper end of local similar house prices even if your house is older/in worse condition. You also get compensation because by definition you have been put out.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-10-2020, 11:05   #430
Pete_Cavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARlance View Post
They would be going through an awful lot of houses/estate to run it through to the roundabout. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure why connecting it to the roundabout would be beneficial.
Looking at it on Google maps, tying into the roundabout with the link road being south of the N60 would have made sense. From looking at the image posted above, it looks like multiple houses were demolished for the current arrangement which would not have been the case.
13-10-2020, 13:40   #431
irishgeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Cavan View Post
Looking at it on Google maps, tying into the roundabout with the link road being south of the N60 would have made sense. From looking at the image posted above, it looks like multiple houses were demolished for the current arrangement which would not have been the case.
Only one house was knocked.
13-10-2020, 19:52   #432
unit 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Cavan View Post
That what I thought, surely a slip onto albeit a small roundabout would have been a better option than a slip onto an already busy road, the slip would also have been further away from the houses.
13-10-2020, 20:47   #433
irishgeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit 1 View Post
That what I thought, surely a slip onto albeit a small roundabout would have been a better option than a slip onto an already busy road, the slip would also have been further away from the houses.
its a fair distance to the roundabout to be honest.
16-10-2020, 20:48   #434
DumbBrunette

N84 junction really taking shape:

Link: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...&__tn__=%2B%3E
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 121472765_2746086049052102_5532588622432396719_o.jpg (312.0 KB, 211 views)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion