Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-10-2020, 08:33   #121
pabloaimar

Hi, was just in here doing some research on optilase for my sister and I'm reading about this referral code. Would appreciate if anyone could send me one please?

Can you use the same code more for more than one person?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-10-2020, 08:34   #122
sportsfan90

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloaimar View Post
Hi, was just in here doing some research on optilase for my sister and I'm reading about this referral code. Would appreciate if anyone could send me one please?

Can you use the same code more for more than one person?
Pm sent
12-10-2020, 12:02   #123
Alex86Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan90 View Post
Pm sent

You must be close to being able to open your own clinic at this stage with all your referrals!
12-10-2020, 12:15   #124
Damien360

As there appears to be many active users in here, can I ask what’s the worst prescription that can be corrected or is that an unknown.

I have -6.5/-5 and my eyeball is shaped (as optician told me) like a rugby ball. Contacts are uncomfortable after 3 hours and impossible in low light conditions as they try to pop out. I only use them for training.
12-10-2020, 12:18   #125
Alex86Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien360 View Post
As there appears to be many active users in here, can I ask what’s the worst prescription that can be corrected or is that an unknown.

I have -6.5/-5 and my eyeball is shaped (as optician told me) like a rugby ball. Contacts are uncomfortable after 3 hours and impossible in low light conditions as they try to pop out. I only use them for training.
I think they can go up to -10 in Optilase anyway. Not sure how the shape would affect things. The consultation is free so you might as well go for one and ask!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-10-2020, 12:21   #126
sportsfan90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex86Eire View Post
You must be close to being able to open your own clinic at this stage with all your referrals!
If everybody who I’ve given one to here or in work etc through the years went through with surgery I’d have made a good bit back, in reality only a handful have ever got to that stage.

Quote:

For me the shape of my eyes meant I had to go LASEK rather than LASIK,I can’t remember what strength they were at the time though.
Thanks from:
12-10-2020, 17:47   #127
Gingko

Quote:

Id recommend 2 or 3 different consultations before arriving at a conclusion. Your prescription is not as extreme as some who have had laser done.

My eyes were -3 both eyes and had Lasik done with Optilase 5 years ago. My eyes are now 20/20! One of the best investments I ever made.
Thanks from:
12-10-2020, 21:11   #128
X6.430macman

Is there a certain age you have to be or is it possible to be too young for this? I'm in my early 20s and have - 3.25, thing I'm wondering is if I was to go ahead with surgery how would it be long term say in 20 years time?
12-10-2020, 21:25   #129
Gingko

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6.430macman View Post
Is there a certain age you have to be or is it possible to be too young for this? I'm in my early 20s and have - 3.25, thing I'm wondering is if I was to go ahead with surgery how would it be long term say in 20 years time?
As far as I know your good to go re age. They do say that most of us will need glasses for reading etc when we get older. But in 20 years time that will still not be an issue for you most likely.

I have a friend who had laser done abroad in his 20s. He is in his 40s now and no issues. I got Lasik done at 40. Im now 45. My eyes were -3 and now 20/20. There was a girl in her early 20's (I presume) waiting for surgery on the day I had it done.
Advertisement
12-10-2020, 21:32   #130
X6.430macman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingko
As far as I know your good to go re age. They do say that most of us will need glasses for reading etc when we get older. But in 20 years time that will still not be an issue for you most likely.
Thanks for the reassurance! I'll be looking into it in the next year or two for sure, starting to get irritated with glasses and contacts...
Thanks from:
12-10-2020, 21:33   #131
Alex86Eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6.430macman View Post
They advised me to wait til I was 25 to get the surgery in case my eyes were still changing. You need to have the same prescription for a certain period of time. You could still need reading glasses when you're in your 50s along with the rest of the population.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion