Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is it like to get new glasses during covid?

• 22-08-2020 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I'm due an eye test and as my spare glasses were broken a few weeks ago, I need new glasses.

I don't order frames online as it's very difficult to get frames to fit my head.

Just wondering what it's like nowdays to get new glasses , with covid?

Is it much the same as before or can you only try on frames while being supervised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Baybay

I didn’t need new frames so I’m afraid I can’t help with that.

As for the rest, waited on designated spot outside for a couple of minutes before being asked inside.
    Already had a mask on. Hand sanitiser station.
    Brought in for usual eye pressure tests etc & while waiting to go into the sight test, a staff member sprayed sanitiser & wiped everything with a disposable cloth in the first room. Assume same thing happened in the room after the sight test.
    Another stop at hand sanitiser station on way out.
    Someone else then invited inside.

I got new glasses, no problem.

Waited outside shop until called in, asked to hand santise and wore a mask. Eye test carried out by optician wearing gown, mask and visor, and shop staff all wore masks - from what I could see everything was being santisised continuously.

I was allowed to try on frames, but once I tried them on, instead of returning them to the display, they were handed to an assistant who put them into a steriliser before putting them back on display.

Collected glasses a week later, same procedure, waited outside until called in, everyone masked and santised etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,036 ✭✭✭✭looksee

As above, I was not buying glasses, I needed help with an eye problem. I did see someone trying frames and they were sanitised after handling, the assistant handled a limited selection of frames for the customer to try. Everywhere was fully sanitised and controlled. One of the major chain opticians.

Another opticians (small set up with just two shops and one optician) I had been to the assistants were masked and access was controlled, but the optician himself made no attempt (in my sight) to sanitise, was not wearing a mask or any ppe and I was very wary of the whole set up, so I did not go back. This was early in the lock-down and cases were very low in the area.

Advertisement