Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in international relations

• 05-07-2020 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi all, I’m a history graduate and have an interest in current affairs and foreign policy etc. I’m just wondering has anyone on this forum ever done a course in international relations? And what your experience of it was? I can categorically say that it would be of no benefit for my career but just is a massive interest and something for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

nqtfarmer wrote: »
    Hi all, I’m a history graduate and have an interest in current affairs and foreign policy etc. I’m just wondering has anyone on this forum ever done a course in international relations? And what your experience of it was? I can categorically say that it would be of no benefit for my career but just is a massive interest and something for me
    I did a module on International Human Rights which gave a great insight in to the E.H.C.R.,
    United Nations missions, genocide trials etc particularly dealing with the Balkans and Cambodian experiences. As you say not of particular use from a career point but still gives a good all round view. I am not aware of an International Relations module but certainly worth doing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Thread moved to the Postgraduates forum

Please read the local charter

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭nqtfarmer

Edgware wrote: »
    I did a module on International Human Rights which gave a great insight in to the E.H.C.R.,
    United Nations missions, genocide trials etc particularly dealing with the Balkans and Cambodian experiences. As you say not of particular use from a career point but still gives a good all round view. I am not aware of an International Relations module but certainly worth doing.
    Where did you do this module?

Advertisement