Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slieve Foye Louth

Options
  • 29-06-2020 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i am looking at climbing Slieve Foye in Carlingford next weekend. I have loooked at a number of dedicated websites for hill climbing but cant seem to find a location where people park and start the climb.

Anyone done this before and can recommend a good route too?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

https://goo.gl/maps/F2pWXJqTJCfijRzN7

I have tackled it from this point, this is quite a steep incline but great views out over the lough all the way up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

mloc123 wrote: »
    https://goo.gl/maps/F2pWXJqTJCfijRzN7

I have tackled it from this point, this is quite a steep incline but great views out over the lough all the way up

Thanks for that, is there an obvious track from this point to the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I climbed Slieve Foye a couple of years ago. The route literally starts in Carlingford so we just parked in the town. I can PM you the Garmin route if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

I climbed Slieve Foye a couple of years ago. The route literally starts in Carlingford so we just parked in the town. I can PM you the Garmin route if you want?

That would be great if you dont mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

dave 27 wrote: »
    That would be great if you dont mind?

PM sent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

dave 27 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, is there an obvious track from this point to the top?

Yes* the track from the car park is quite obvious, and when you get to the river you follow it the whole way up. It is possible to miss the access to the river track.. I did and had to do a bit of bush whacking to get on to it.

Advertisement