Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Out of Season 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

TRS30 wrote: »
    We always get a couple of these from America. Are usually early/mid January thought, don't think we ever got near mid February :)

I usually keep any late arrivals which are particularly nice for next year!
    This card and letter was actually mailed on 28th Jan, so they must have known I was having Christmas withdrawal systems! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The Mrs and the kids watching channel 151 on sky and it's a Christmas special family fortunes... and an old one at that!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've almost finished boxing my decorations. I literally haven't had a weekend day free until now, even though they're down since the 11th of January. Lit some Christmas candles to take away the pain.

DvB wrote: »
    The Mrs and the kids watching channel 151 on sky and it's a Christmas special family fortunes... and an old one at that!

This has triggered a Christmas discussion and an agreement that we all want to go to a Christmas Carol's night this year.... love it!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I go to a Christmas concert every year- it is always very enjoyable. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I was in Poland last week and am delighted to report back that their tradition keeps the Christmas lights and decorations up officially until February 2nd, but there was still quite a few lit trees and Christmas lights in the streets!
    I had no idea of this when I first got there and it was a such a delightful surprise!
    I also spent time in the ski resorts, so coupled with the snow it felt so, so Christmassy! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm very jealous!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I was in Poland last week and am delighted to report back that their tradition keeps the Christmas lights and decorations up officially until February 2nd, but there was still quite a few lit trees and Christmas lights in the streets!
    I had no idea of this when I first got there and it was a such a delightful surprise!
    I also spent time in the ski resorts, so coupled with the snow it felt so, so Christmassy! :D

I’d love to go to a ski resort. I was sold ever since I seen Wham’s Last Christmas music video.

Loughc wrote: »
    I’d love to go to a ski resort. I was sold ever since I seen Wham’s Last Christmas music video.

I've been to one in Alaska out of season. It was weird, no snow but lots of bears around. Looking at the slopes freaked me out. With no snow you can see the drops and I'm a scaredy cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Greatest Christmas music video of all time??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Posy wrote: »
    I go to a Christmas concert every year- it is always very enjoyable. :)

I love a Christmas Concert. They do a great one out in Segrave Barns in Dunany - it does be magic! I am hoping our eldest will be old enough this year to take her to one of the concerts in the National Concert Hall.

100%

Caranica wrote: »
    100%

I agree, just interested in other peoples thoughts.

Any other contenders you really like?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah it has to be. Shaking Stevens Has a good one but that has aged terribly even compared to Whams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Sat down with friends to watch a rom-com on Valentines and we chose Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds.
    We didn't realise it was set at Christmas with snow,carollers,ice skating and more.

A nice surprise :)

Ah it has to be. Shaking Stevens Has a good one but that has aged terribly even compared to Whams.

Agree. There may be better standalone songs but the video is a classic, probably my favourite one to see when the christmas music channels start up again in October/November

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was in Quebec City over the weekend for a winter festival, there were still Christmas decorations everywhere and even lit Christmas trees in the old town. I don't know if they leave them up until the festival is over or what, but it was beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Home Alone is on! E4 , right now 😀

Home Alone is on! E4 , right now ��

Is on E4 regularly through out the year. Think they like to cater to the year round Christmas fans :)

Is on E4 regularly through out the year. Think they like to cater to the year round Christmas fans :)

They know it's a safe bet people will stop and watch when channel surfing but they sure do show it ALOT throughout the year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just remembered that I bought two Christmas colouring books in Dealz on Friday night :D First gift from the big man sorted :)

I have a Christmas Log left that's due to go off tomorrow, a few slices with cup of tea tonight it is so! :)

Forgot that watched Paw Patrol 'Pups save Christmas' Saturday morning. That Marshal is some clumsy pup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

But worst song.

Day Lewin wrote: »
    But worst song.

I see......

*screams in WHAM*

But worst song.

Not sure about that............something, something shoes!!

I defy anyone to hear it and then not be humming, singing or whistling it after :D

But worst song.

I suspect this is in jest, however if not =

Ah c'mon, its nowhere near the worst Christmas song, if nothing else a bit of listening to Christmas FM shows the amount of pretty poor christmas tunes out there. In fact theres no shortage of pure garbage.

No way could you consider a classic such as Last Christmas as the worst ever... it may not be your cup of tea (I'm like that with Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas BTW) but even I can see how neither are the worst songs.

It wouldnt be my favourite christmas song but it'd be on any christmas playlist I'd be putting together in the build up, thats for sure.

Not sure about that............something, something shoes!!

I defy anyone to hear it and then not be humming, singing or whistling it after :D

Sweet jeebus that song is pure scutter!!! Sorry for the language but it is just awful :D

Sweet jeebus that song is pure scutter!!! Sorry for the language but it is just awful :D

Not as bad as the film!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Not as bad as the film!!!!!!!

THERE'S A FILM?????!!!!??? NOOOOO!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement