Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel’s Avengers (PS4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Gameplay looks woeful I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Gameplay looks woeful I think

It's definitely nothing groundbreaking, but I still hope it might be fun with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The gear and customisation stuff looks very much in the mobile grindathon ball park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

J. Marston wrote: »
    The gear and customisation stuff looks very much in the mobile grindathon ball park.

Easily solved with a €5 Avengers Battle Pack or for a limited time a bundle pack of 3 for €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It just looks very generic. Might work better like DC Universe if you could create your own character as I don't buy the "your Thor will play different to my Thor". I will probably end up picking it up anyway but not much hype from me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The combat looks fairly bland alright, but I'd still be interested. Don't imagine it'll break any new ground, but could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Seems like they're trying to include too much and as a result everything will be meh. I've no excitement for this at all, and I agree with Zero that it would have been better to have your character as a newbie developing powers. I also worry that it will be too MP focused and the SP side will take a hit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Looks the same as destiny to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Looks like a generic load of ****e with the Marvel tag attached to it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,719 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The character models look a little better than that very first video. A bit more distinct from the MCU, even if hewing towards realism rather than something more artistic only invites comparison with the films.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

T. Hanks^ wrote: »
    Looks like a generic load of ****e with the Marvel tag attached to it

But it comes with a new hat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,876 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Looks the same as destiny to me.

nah, the core gameplay in Destiny looks (and is) fun. The gameplay in this looks boring AF.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I wonder if they should have tried to make a real good Ironman or Captain America game first. Everything about the premise of this game seems too broad in scope so when it looks somewhat basic it kinda makes sense. You are starting from nothing to make game where you have several superheroes with their own powers, weapons some have the ability to fly and the majority of them have never had a good game(I think some PS2 era Hulk games are liked, other than that its grim).
    Even the story is assuming we know this version of the universe even though its the first game set in it. I'm guessing most people might not even know who MODOK is, which won't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

This game actually looks worse than the spate of Marvel games around 2006-2009, Wolverine especially, while mediocre, was at least kind of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Sieghardt wrote: »
    This game actually looks worse than the spate of Marvel games around 2006-2009, Wolverine especially, while mediocre, was at least kind of fun

Horrible memories of playing the demo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Open beta, lovely job.

Still not sure about this, but I do have to commend them on the amount of content seemingly on offer. Fans will be playing this for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Still not sure about this, but I do have to commend them on the amount of content seemingly on offer. Fans will be playing this for a while.

The fact that they’re willing to keep adding content for no extra charge is almost enough to sway me to buy it.

I feel like rewarding developers like this before EA come in and micro charge everything and push out an annual release.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fugyvuhgvhbjb

Anyone have experience with amazon uk and beta codes? If I pre order this on amazon uk to get a beta code do they send the beta code straight away and can I cancel the order for the game then?

Philippe Therien, War Zones Director, and Lauryn Ash, Game Designer, did an AMA on reddit. If you just want the bullet points, DSOG has exactly that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I watched the video they posted about what's in the beta and I was even more shocked by the banality and lack or originality on show. I just can't see this game working at all.

And they pull me back in.

I hate this platform exclusive bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

In early 2021, there will be an in-game event to announce Spiderman joining the cast, but exclusive to PlayStation.

Edit: So those posts above me weren't there when I went to post... damn boards. I'd imagine Xbox will get their own exclusive character. Master Chief probably.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I hate this platform exclusive bullshit.

It doesn't make any sense in a game they really need the widest audience possible. If Spidey was xbox only, I'd probably say **** this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In early 2021, there will be an in-game event to announce Spiderman joining the cast, but exclusive to PlayStation.

Edit: So those posts above me weren't there when I went to post... damn boards. I'd imagine Xbox will get their own exclusive character. Master Chief probably.

They'd never add someone like Master Chief in. I'd say Marvel would want to keep it to their own stable of heroes. At best if Xbox were getting their own exclusive character, it'd be someone like Wolverine (X-Men.... Xbox Series X... his reveal teaser is him cutting an X in the screen with his claws.... this sh*t writes itself).

I don't particularly see the issue in Spider-Man being exclusive to PS versions. Being upset that Insomniac's Spider-Man games are PS exclusive, I can sympathise with that, that's a biggie. Spider-Man in the Avengers game though, he's an additional character where there's already 6+ characters (with probably more further down the line) and being exclusive means he has no impact on the plot/story.

Advertisement