Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

alltricks.com

• 11-07-2020 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has experience of ordering from alltricks.com. Based somewhere in France and seem to have a good deal on the Garmin Edge 520 plus

I'm just going on the old "if it seems too good to be true" thing. Any advice/comments very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Used them before. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I believe they are owned by Decathlon. Have used them in 2015 for a helmet and recently for tyres. Great service

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

I used them for 3 items a few weeks back, all arrived as described.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

They're my first port of call now that chain reaction has gone to ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Just pulled the trigger on one. Cheers for the heads up. Had been thinking of buying one for ages and kept putting it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've just been browsing the site as a result of reading this thread. I need tyres and they seem better value than CRC. I'll give it a lash once payday arrives.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I've just been browsing the site as a result of reading this thread. I need tyres and they seem better value than CRC. I'll give it a lash once payday arrives.

New one for me too , I may feel the urge to post in the what cycling related thing is in the post to you thread soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

kkhornet wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger on one. Cheers for the heads up. Had been thinking of buying one for ages and kept putting it off.

You must have got the last one in stock !!!

Bike 24 has plenty in stock for anybody else looking to buy. €186 plus €10 delivery.

You must have got the last one in stock !!!

Bike 24 has plenty in stock for anybody else looking to buy. €186 plus €10 delivery.

Hope I didnt get in before you seen as how you posted the link.
    Order has been dispatched anyway so I wait in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

Have used them twice during the pandemic and no issues. Prompt enough delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Used them a few weeks ago, box arrived empty and they've been a nightmare to get a refund from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

kkhornet wrote: »
    Hope I didnt get in before you seen as how you posted the link.
    Order has been dispatched anyway so I wait in hope

No you are all good, I had ordered mine but my son was after one but none in stock so he went with the Bike24 option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Used them a few weeks ago, box arrived empty and they've been a nightmare to get a refund from.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/can-get-purchase-refunded-credit-card-debit-card/

I'm sure all other banks/credit card companies will have similar facilities.

Use it as a threat before you use it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

I had a set of 600 euro forks go walking in transit and I thought they were being arses to get a refund from but the mail to me used a French colloquialism meaning "we're on it, don't panic" and Alltricks waited 4 weeks until the French post agreed that they had lost the parcel before agreeing that the forks were never going to arrive and then refunded me (actually offered different forks or a refund).

Using Google translate didn't explain the colloquialism, but fortunately I worked with a French lady who explained and thought that the delay wasn't a much compared to other things in France.

Hasn't put me off using them since.

Bought a garmin bundle off them a few years ago. Happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Edge 520 Plus is back in stock with them @€;169. Great price

Received mine this morning. Quick speedy service and a great price. Couldn't fault them at all

I ordered a few bits form this site.

Despite my best efforts, my delivery and billing address The rest of the address is correct for my house here in Dublin but the country is showing as UK. There is no option to select Ireland from the drop down and if I type in Ireland, it reverts back to UK :confused:

Has anyone else experienced this??

EDIT: I used the 'contact us' form and explained my problem. They emailed me back an hour later to say they had modified my delivery address.

Stuff arrived today - One week from order so no complaints. Cheaper than CRC (-10%) for the same basket.

Advertisement