Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your postgrads!

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It happened again. :(

By which I mean I'll be starting a PhD in microbiology this month. Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Just started PhD in Biomed Sci.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 quigg

Hi Doing Arts in St Pats at the moment but hope to go on to do Primary teaching. I want to do my post grad in Edinburgh but dont know how to go about doing this or what is the entry requirements . Or is a 12 month course or 18 month course. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Oh look! This bumped. Feel I can post on it now rather than just lurk. :) Starting a PhD in neuroscience in UL in October, originally a UCD head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Also starting a PhD in October :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stephenamccann

Hi,

Does anybody know a good site to look for survey responses from people in Ireland? The survey is for my Postgraduate course in Business Management and boards.ie won't let me post a URL.

If any of you could take the survey too, that would be great.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SlinkyKittin

Just got accepted to do an MSc in Design Innovation in NUIM, am terrified!! Left school at 16 and havrnt gone back since, but the timing is right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stephenamccann

Very best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JenMol

Starting a PhD in Biochemistry in UCC this September.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Starting a PhD in Cancer Biology in RCSI in October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Da Don

PhD in Biochem in ul In September

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CoffeeAdict

Masters in Polymer Engineering....currently at the stage of stressing/worrying/doing all nighters trying to get the transfer report handed in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Starting a PhD in RCSI in October - Its all happened very fast.

Have been out in the real world working for the past year - can't wait to become a student again :D

Hello to four years in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

PhD in history - one year in. Doing it by distance learning and part-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

I start a Research Masters: innovation in the food sector in 3 weeks time (13/04/15) and it seems I'm first to post in 2015 here... goooooo ME! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭figrolls123

Starting the MA in Festive Arts in UL in 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Finished a Diploma then a BA then a MSc...starting a PhD in Business and Managemet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Level 5, level 6, BA, MA, looking into a Doctorate in education or PhD in social care for next year . Have been working for 10 years in my field and studied part time all the way through

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Primary school teacher and do some occasional lecturing/supervising undergrads. Recently started a research PhD in Education part-time at DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eva.xavier

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi everyone! I am unable to decide whether I should pursue MSc pharmaceutical sciences at Trinity College Dublin or Cellular manufacturing & Therapy at NUI Galway. I completed my Bachelor's in Pharmacy as an undergrad student.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Background/thoughts: I have an internal war like situation between by heart and brain. On one hand, i think that that the cellular manufacturing course will add a new insight to my career but I'm also worried about the job opportunities after completion of my postgraduate studies, as it is a new subject. When I think about trinity, it is a top-end University but it is rather a regular course. Please give me a lot of suggestions so that I can confirm my seat before the deadline i.e on 04/20/2018. Thank you in advance :)[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Is a PgDip looked at by an employer as less favourable than a Masters ?

I am looking to commit to 1-1.5 years max online or part time at a college in dublin, but I definitely wouldn't be interested in anything 2 years part time.

I've a lready been to college and the bachelors 4/5 years part time and it was a long slog, a bit of a nightmare juggling work alongside it.

I can't afford to go at a course full time for 2 semesters, but I'm wondering if I do the postgrad diploma is this grand, removing the need for the masters which is usually 2 years part time

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mr_Jacko

Time to great this thread alive again!

Currently pursuing a MSc in International Finance at NUIG.

Exams finished just thesis to work on now over summer...

Advertisement