Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trebuchet design

• 26-04-2017 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I've recently rekindled my love of scouts by becoming a leader as my young fella joined as a beaver.
    Anyway I have a very happy memory of my youth whereby we made a trebuchet from spares and sisel rope and spent an afternoon firing rocks down a hill.
    Does anyone know where I would get a design for a trebuchet?
    It seems medieval instruments of war are a constant source of joy for kids! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

There's a really oldschool one here:
    http://www.thedump.scoutscan.com/pionprojects.pdf ;)

Sadly this board is dead dead dead. The 1st Facebook Group is a great place for ideas once you learn to filter out all the rubbish that gets posted.

I believe there's an SI forum but I've no idea how much traffic it gets as (not being an SI scouter) I don't have access.

Escouts, though mostly UK oriented, is also a great source of ideas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

The SI forum has been taken down when the website was updated recently. With a little encouragement maybe we could come back and reactivate this forum.
    The difference with the SI forum was that only scouters/members could access it so we could talk a little more freely (Note I said difference - not advantage/disadvantage - because it can go both ways :))

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

And back to the OP.. Galway Scout County Camp made catapults a couple of years ago.

Design was something like this but used car inner tubes to create the propulsion.

pion8.gif

Advertisement