Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Did you get a good price on the PR2? Would they be getting cheaper now that PR3 are coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

leppla wrote: »
    But all the advertisement shows a green card for the learner permit and a pink card for the full licence.

So therefore they cant make it the one licence, just the the old system!
    Or am I missing something.

DrivingLicenseNew2_large.jpg

No as i said Brian its just a cross reference to make sure you have no endorsements on either licence before they issue the new card type

Your missing nothing at all mate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Did you get a good price on the PR2? Would they be getting cheaper now that PR3 are coming

paid cost price as i have been dealing with them for years and have sent business their way many times.

I don't know if they would come down in price pr3's are a bit more expensive anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well lets see if you can beat the all time record (in klms) from a PR2....current record is 21,500 klms from a rear tyre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

nerrad1983 wrote: »

No as i said Brian its just a cross reference to make sure you have no endorsements on either licence before they issue the new card type

Your missing nothing at all mate:)

just got confuses when good lad said that the car and bike will be on the one licence as that's not possible if one is only a permit.
    Looks like we will just have to play along with there system of posting it back to them.

Cowboys ted. Their a bunch of cowboys!!!

• Advertisement

Glad to fook I have my "Pinkie" all this messing around ffs.....~OLD SKOOL~ all the way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Roads are supposed to be dry this weekend so I'll pop the wheels off and bring 'em off to get a fresh set of Supercorsas fitted and go for a blast on Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,805 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Put a new chain and sprocket set on :)

Wasn't sure if I'd riveted it enough and kept going back for a little bit more, ended up cracking one of the rivet heads :( have spare soft links on order so will try again next weekend!

Life ain't always empty.

Upgraded the rear stoppers and went for a blast - and yes I know she's manky!!

830360_4355585659611_125255554_o_zps0d1c7dbb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭batman_oh

KamiKazi wrote: »

Some impressive dirt, good to get a run though!
    The near side of the tyre looks like its tearing up there (groove cut out of it). I'd say a bit of suspension tweaking would sort that. Although if you are racing I assume you'll be changing the Supercorsas altogether?

• Advertisement

batman_oh wrote: »
    Some impressive dirt, good to get a run though!
    The near side of the tyre looks like its tearing up there (groove cut out of it). I'd say a bit of suspension tweaking would sort that. Although if you are racing I assume you'll be changing the Supercorsas altogether?

I'll be racing on a well sorted R6 instead of the blade as originally planned, so should be fine. Don't know if I'll be keeping the blade as the occasional toy or selling her.

I'll be racing on a well sorted R6 instead of the blade as originally planned, so should be fine. Don't know if I'll be keeping the blade as the occasional toy or selling her.

Nice one. You can't beat a good 600 for caning around most tracks!

Nice one. You can't beat a good 600 for caning around most tracks!

Yea should be good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Just brought my new (1999) Yamaha Fazer 600 for a drive this evening. I spent the last two weeks on a Honda Deauville. I will definitely miss the comfort and storage of the Deauville.

It drives completely different to my old Fazer. Steering is tighter and the throttle response is more servere. I got it up to 7k rpm. I'm still a bit nervous after my last accident and being used to the power of the Deauville has my heart beating when using the revs.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Just brought my new (1999) Yamaha Fazer 600 for a drive this evening. I spent the last two weeks on a Honda Deauville. I will definitely miss the comfort and storage of the Deauville.

It drives completely different to my old Fazer. Steering is tighter and the throttle response is more servere. I got it up to 7k rpm. I'm still a bit nervous after my last accident and being used to the power of the Deauville has my heart beating when using the revs.

Best of luck with it dude! You'll get use to it don't worry. If you ever come out for a sunday spin with us you can have ago on my 05 fz6, some difference on the models from 2004 upwards, they loved to be revved and if you keep within the powerband at twistiest its some craic!

What is the green tube?

Life ain't always empty.

ninja900 wrote: »

What is the green tube?

Hrc rear brake reservoir or a variation of it

Today I didn't do something to my bike, but I did something to me :(

My calf had been sore for the last week or so, today I was out getting a sandwich at lunchtime and it went pop :eek:

Can barely walk on it and I read that it'll take a few weeks to heal up properly. I had to ride the bike home from work, which was no problem as it turned out, apart from having to get on and off the bike very carefully. Getting the leathers on was really tricky!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Bought some blue LED lights for the cockpit, and new bulbs for the clocks and fitted them and scarily washed the Deauville

Join Ireland Weather Network

Today i brought my bike and got it vrt'd

Another step closer to having it on the road :D

• Advertisement

Happy Days

Did they ask for much? I have to VRT the SMR soon - brought it in on Sunday

Did they ask for much? I have to VRT the SMR soon - brought it in on Sunday

Total cost was €285 to get it vrt'd

Wasnt to bad in my eyes

Make sure your bike has more than 6000kms on it because the class it as a new vehicle if lower and you will get charged vat aswell mate

Total cost was €285 to get it vrt'd

Wasnt to bad in my eyes

Make sure your bike has more than 6000kms on it because the class it as a new vehicle if lower and you will get charged vat aswell mate

Much crap in the way of paperwork? The bike has just over 9200 miles (added 350 coming across the UK) and is a 2010 (even though the previous owner told me he bought it in 09) so the VRt is 810 quid :mad:

You need to print this off and have it all ready for them when you arrive

http://www.ncts.ie/pdf/VRTFormFinal%20Version.pdf

Also need the receipt stating the date you bought the bike

A letter with your name and address on it (Bill or Bank Statement)

Your PPS number ( P60 form or Social Services Card)

Your Driving licence

All they will do is look at the milage on the bike, make sure the chassis numbers match up

I was in and out in 10mins that was in Arklow Co Wicklow

Cant wait to see it in the flesh....just keep leppla away from it the HOOLIGAN!!!!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cant wait to see it in the flesh....just keep leppla away from it the HOOLIGAN!!!!

Hhhoooooooolllaaaggaaaaaaann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Bought a 05 LML vespa px125 2 weeks ago. Today the new parts arrived, I put a new low profile sports saddle on the bike, new metal stand feet to replace the plastic ones, a new front suspension unit (bit of a bitch to fit) and a halogen upgrade to the headlight. Tomorrow I will solder the headlight wiring in and take it for a spin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Bought a 05 LML vespa px125 2 weeks ago. Today the new parts arrived, I put a new low profile sports saddle on the bike, new metal stand feet to replace the plastic ones, a new front suspension unit (bit of a bitch to fit) and a halogen upgrade to the headlight. Tomorrow I will solder the headlight wiring in and take it for a spin...

I miss my Vespa :(

• Advertisement

Tomohawk wrote: »

Any pics lad?

Advertisement