Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stitches on eyebrow

• 11-12-2015 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys, unfortunately I split my eyebrow open in school, but fortunately I only needed paper stitches but I went the doctor just incase I had to get proper stitches and he said leave them in for 5 days and don't get the cut wet? Does that mean I can't shower for 5 days or would of he just meant the first day or two? Thanks. Also I couldn't find a forum that would really relate to my post so if you could help me out with that, it would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KenjiOdo

I'd imagine if showering would wet the cut don't shower?? What the hell are they teaching you lot in schools these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Chickenwing47

KenjiOdo wrote: »
    I'd imagine if showering would wet the cut don't shower?? What the hell are they teaching you lot in schools these days?

Okay you cheeky **** I was just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Put a plaster over it while you shower. Not a band aid, you need something that is sticky on all four sides so no water can seep in. You should be able to get them in the chemist. Remove it once you're completely dry.

ETA: Had staples and stitched in my abdomen that I couldn't get wet so the hospital gave me those plasters so I could still shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

It might be easier to keep it dry if you have a bath. You can use facial wipes to clean your face. Simple do a range of them among others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod Note
    This is not the right forum OP and in any case asking for or giving medical advice is against the Boards.ie terms of use - for obvious reasons.
    Better to ring your GP or ask your Pharmacist for advice on caring for your wound/stitches.
    All the best :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement