Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rapid heart/anxiety

• 07-03-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi, over the past year or two I've developed this really terrifying condition (presuming it's anxiety) where my heart would beat super fast for no massive reason. I know for a fact I'm bringing it on myself and how it's all "in my head". And I know when I think a lot in to it it makes it 100 times worse. The worst thing is that I can't control it. I tried deep breaths and nothing seems to work!

For example, the main cause for it is when I see my terrifying teacher at church. She's so scary in class, like literally I think she brought on my anxiety to be honest, but she's so lovely in person. When I see her at church, just the back of her head makes my heart go 90. I can't control it and my hands and legs even tremble. It's so scary.

Please if you know how to help calm me down and relax give me some advice as I am sick of trying to deal with it and I don't want to be putting my heart under that much pressure all the time :-( thank you

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,759 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The only advice anyone here is qualified to give you is talk to your GP. I'm afraid anything else would fall into medical advice which is prohibited on boards.ie.

Please make an appointment to visit your GP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement