Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-01-2020, 14:34   #16
iamgroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Lazy Streptomycin View Post
Unhelpful, bizarre comment.
Repaying that to splinter65
Advertisement
04-01-2020, 15:41   #17
iamgroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter65 View Post
You have absolutely no idea what any of the staff you “saw” at the Tralee offices were busy with
Whereas you do know what the staff that somebody else saw were busy with. in Tralee
04-01-2020, 15:50   #18
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgroot View Post
"Ireland" wasn't that clear? Have the 'rules and regulations' been relaxed for you to got to airah yourself? Specially for you,relaxed, muah xx
Ohhhkaaaayyyy.
04-01-2020, 16:07   #19
iamgroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter65 View Post
Ohhhkaaaayyyy.
Okay, in tralee
13-01-2020, 11:15   #20
carmen2222

On the above topic about the difficulty AFTER having made an appointment AND appeared in person after which I have heard nothing at all. I've tried phoning but the lines are always clogged. The message system wants to keep me online waiting and has no dedicated line for PPSN inquiry. Surely there must be a case number automated after I got my picture taken. I have sent documents via post. I have tried faxing. The fax does not pick up. The whole picture I get from the Tralee offices is one of disorganization and mismanagement. I have also heard on the Joe Rogan RTE talk program that a man's daughter was charged by third party an astronomical charge on her phone of 100euro waiting to speak to an attendant.
I am harping on this injustice because as I see it, it's worse than a case of mismanagement. It's preying on the poor, elderly, vulnerable and women and children. These are the people who need social services. They ought not to be intimidated by the system which is meant to serve them. Aren't they already put low by circumstances?
Advertisement
13-01-2020, 11:30   #21
Maryanne84

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen2222 View Post
On the above topic about the difficulty AFTER having made an appointment AND appeared in person after which I have heard nothing at all. I've tried phoning but the lines are always clogged. The message system wants to keep me online waiting and has no dedicated line for PPSN inquiry. Surely there must be a case number automated after I got my picture taken. I have sent documents via post. I have tried faxing. The fax does not pick up. The whole picture I get from the Tralee offices is one of disorganization and mismanagement. I have also heard on the Joe Rogan RTE talk program that a man's daughter was charged by third party an astronomical charge on her phone of 100euro waiting to speak to an attendant.
I am harping on this injustice because as I see it, it's worse than a case of mismanagement. It's preying on the poor, elderly, vulnerable and women and children. These are the people who need social services. They ought not to be intimidated by the system which is meant to serve them. Aren't they already put low by circumstances?
Why did you send your documents by post? Isn’t it usual to present them in person at your interview?

Also, you are speaking about a group of people who may have had NO issue getting their PSC. Some aren’t actually required to have one, due to age, infirmity, etc and have NO problem accessing services.

Your case could just be an isolated one, compounded by your inability to produce the required documentation in a timely fashion.
Thanks from:
13-01-2020, 12:02   #22
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen2222 View Post
2 weeks ago I supplied you with the dedicated phone line for applicants with PPSN issues. When you rang them/contacted them what did they advise?
24-01-2020, 12:45   #23
PeadarB

I booked an appointment for my aunt, 91 tears of age and a resident of a nursing home, to get her PSC which she hoped to use as photographic ID. She currently has no photographic ID as her passport and driving licence expired years ago. She has her birth cert and evidence of residence. Aged and infirm, she is practically blind and can no longer write owing to a tremor in her hand. She can't get a driving licence and sees no need at her age for a passport. Any suggestions as to how she might progress her application in the absence of photographic ID.
24-01-2020, 13:56   #24
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeadarB View Post
I booked an appointment for my aunt, 91 tears of age and a resident of a nursing home, to get her PSC which she hoped to use as photographic ID. She currently has no photographic ID as her passport and driving licence expired years ago. She has her birth cert and evidence of residence. Aged and infirm, she is practically blind and can no longer write owing to a tremor in her hand. She can't get a driving licence and sees no need at her age for a passport. Any suggestions as to how she might progress her application in the absence of photographic ID.
From the website:

*If you are an Irish or UK citizen and do not have a Passport or Driving licence as identification, you may still be issued with a Public Services Card. When you attend you will have an in-depth interview and additional information gathered during this interview will be verified in order to confirm your identity.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-01-2020, 09:44   #25
Wesser

why are yoiu traumatised? what a bizarre title. trauma is simething that happens to.you if you are attacked, nit during an application!
04-02-2020, 14:53   #26
iamgroot

Been living in China for the last 10 years. Was not so far from Wuhan last week.

Anyway, some - but by no means all - of the comments in this thread are a bit typical. lads

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion