Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    You would be banging it for ages trying to get something out and then it would all come out at once.

Oh theres a joke in there......

My Ta is being awake early on my day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Do you remember the glass sauce bottles? You would be banging it for ages trying to get something out and then it would all come out at once.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The government

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Colleagues with questionable personal hygiene.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

jcorr wrote: »
    Who put that TrivialPursuit in the title. That annoyed me and made me laugh at the same time. Hahaha. Brilliant

I’m only getting that now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Sachets of sauce/mayo.
    1. There is not enough in them
    2. I am eating with my fingers so now they are impossible to open
    3. It hurt my tooth ripping it open

I miss the days where you would get a bottle of sauce on the table :(
    Do you remember the glass sauce bottles? You would be banging it for ages trying to get something out and then it would all come out at once.

The filth and gunge around the tops of the sauce bottles though............:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

You would be banging it for ages trying to get something out and then it would all come out at once.

Happens to us all at some stage buddy, don't stress about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The filth and gunge around the tops of the sauce bottles though............:eek:

Mmmmm flavoury.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

In work, I have on of those boards on a wall behind my desk where I pin stuff...and because it’s tidy and neat, people assume it’s ok to pin their crap on it, silly nilly. Well no you can’t!
    Just tidy your sh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The chef at work put the wrong filling in my sandwich and I was too nice to say anything about it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

cjmc wrote: »
    Having to go through the bins because a lazy bich keeps throwing plastic and cardboard into them . She thinks, because she has a decent job that recycling is below her !
    And if you’re reading this . flush the fcuking toilet after you , and stop moving my stuff and call it tidying up ,and don’t leave your fcuking suitcase sized handbag in my fcuking way .
    That feels good !

The other half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Mollyb60 wrote: »

I'm TA'd that I didn't think of the dirty joke until it was pointed out to me! I must be slipping :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Colleagues with questionable personal hygiene.

That is anything but trivial tbh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Was on the phone to a work colleague earlier trying to swap days as I have to bring the GF up to a hospital appointment on a day I was scheduled to work. Swapped over no problem so grand.

However another colleague overheard my conversation and proceeded to ask: "what's wrong with her then?"

The nosiness of some people

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It is TA to overhear half a story, but I would never ask anyone to fill in the blanks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who literally breathe lies. Ah Jaysus the things you’d hear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Dog owners who don't pick up the dog poo when they bring the dog for a walk. W*nkers! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Autecher wrote: »
    Dog owners who don't pick up the dog poo when they bring the dog for a walk. W*nkers! :mad:

I wonder if anyone has *ever* been fined for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

More amusing than annoying - there's a little clump of daisies in the lawn, cut evening before last, up laughing at me today :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody can'take up their mind.
    I know somebody who we're trying to plan a party with.
    First they want nothing.
    Then something small.
    Then something big.
    Then nothing.
    Then something small.
    The a semi big party.
    Then nothing at all.

They are driving me up the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Two washing capsules were stuck together in the tub. Didn't want to pull at them too much in case they burst so had to throw them both into the machine.

I have always used the legacy site and now I keep being redirected to the site that is green in colour. I can't deal with change 😢

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

More amusing than annoying - there's a little clump of daisies in the lawn, cut evening before last, up laughing smiling at me today :D

FYP. :cool:
    When somebody can'take up their mind.
    I know somebody who we're trying to plan a party with.
    First they want nothing.
    Then something small.
    Then something big.
    Then nothing.
    Then something small.
    The a semi big party.
    Then nothing at all.

They are driving me up the wall.

So only they get a card that says "I thought about getting you a present, but then I remembered it's the thought that counts." That'll teach them.
    Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I have always used the legacy site and now I keep being redirected to the site that is green in colour. I can't deal with change ��

Clear your cookies, it usually works. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Clear your cookies, it usually works. :)[/quote]

I just ate a whole pack of chocolate chip ones and that didn't help :(

Seriously, thanks New Home, sorted now :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I just ate a whole pack of chocolate chip ones and that didn't help :(

That'll teach you to share! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I got a yellow Snack from vending machine thinking, 6 biscuits that'll do. Grabbed my purchase from the machine only to find its a 4 pack!!! Deceived!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New Home wrote: »
    So only they get a card that says "I thought about getting you a present, but then I remembered it's the thought that counts." That'll teach them.

Since this morning it's on again but in a different venue and a different day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Accidentally hit ‘Responsive Site’ here on boards. Clicked on ‘Legacy Site’ to bring me back and it didn’t work so I’m stuck with the responsive site on Safari. NOOOOOOOO!!!

The responsive hurts my eyeballs. And my soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

An old flame (like, teenage sweetheart old) got back in touch with me last week. We met for lunch today and while I practically had hearts popping out of my eyes, I'm pretty sure he didn't fancy me in the least :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

More amusing than annoying - there's a little clump of daisies in the lawn, cut evening before last, up laughing at me today :D

them be the fairy daises :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl who blatantly deny the truth in order to look good and make me look bad in terms of work politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement